1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

i like those trousers, but i'd remove the cuff or tidy it up a bit.

BTW, you look like a very prominent member here, which bodes well for you. Check out the fits by Barims if you haven't already. You guys have the same lips and facial hair and skin colour. His fits are pretty inspiring.

Edit: Oh i see you joined in 2009 so have probably already seen him, you were just lurking.

2. connor

connor Well-Known Member

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

4. themidship22

themidship22 Well-Known Member

I don't like the big bulky boots/ boot tuck with the hoody. Or your emo ground look. Look up little buddy.

5. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

looks fine, boot tuck doesn't look right, though.

6. snowmanxl

i left the boots untied at the top two eyelets and tied the laces tight around the ankle to create that f+b effect. it prob would of looked neater if i had tied them all the way up.

7. Najee D.

Najee D. Well-Known Member

i like those trousers, but i'd remove the cuff or tidy it up a bit.

BTW, you look like a very prominent member here, which bodes well for you. Check out the fits by Barims if you haven't already. You guys have the same lips and facial hair and skin colour. His fits are pretty inspiring.

Edit: Oh i see you joined in 2009 so have probably already seen him, you were just lurking.

Yeah the cuff was necessary because they're long as heck and the buttons for my braces (which normally puts them above my natural waist) popped while I was pulling some acrobatic photography (don't ask). I plan to get them taken up a couple of inches as to not look entirely as sloppy.

8. bluemagic

bluemagic Well-Known Member

I kind of like the long hem on those herringbone tweeds the way they are.

You guys have the same lips and facial hair and skin colour.

[​IMG]

9. hendrix

woops, i mean:

"Barims is black? really? i never noticed!"

10. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

So you're saying he should dress like another black guy on here on the basis that they share an ethnicity, in spite of the fact that this du's style appears to be completely different?

[​IMG]

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

I saw that post and was like [​IMG] To be fair, we do make lots of comments cross-sectioning race and ethnicity with clothing choices (skinny azns, etc.)

12. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Well of course. All rook same.

[​IMG]

13. hendrix

So you're saying he should dress like another black guy on here on the basis that they share an ethnicity, in spite of the fact that this du's style appears to be completely different?

[​IMG]

haha nah, at first i noted that he looks like Barims, which he does, at least in that photo. Then i was saying that Barims is the man, and since his post count was low i assumed he was a noob and that Barims is a great fit poster to check out, as a sort of side note.

I wasn't implying that he should copy his style or anything like that. Although some of the colour schemes might be useful since they have the same skin tone.

so rather than "you look like barims, you should dress like him"

it was meant more like "you look like Barims, who is by the way awesome and you should check him out"

14. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

The lips comment is Xeno "smooth chocolate skin"-worthy.

15. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

another uninspiring mike868y fit. wondering what kind of footwear would go in a fit like this. I know the pants are mad long, getting them hemmed this week. [​IMG]

16. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I don't get it why would you post that? You have no aesthetic direction at all.

17. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

I don't get it why would you post that? You have no aesthetic direction at all.

I know. I"m new to this game, just trying to see what I should change to make things a little better. I would think the weakest part of this fit is the shoes (I mean, the sweater/pants aren't exactly exciting, but I don't think they are bad). What kind of shoes would fit good in something like this? Do sneakers look alright or should I be looking at something else?

18. snowmanxl

white cps would look fine i think.

19. rapefruit

rapefruit Well-Known Member

Leprechaun fit was better (4)

20. tooshay

tooshay Well-Known Member

And assuming you don't have $350 to spend on a pair of trainers, even a simple pair of Vans would be better than those.

Then hem those trousers and get a plain, simple crew neck that fits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.