• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grouper
25su5ih.jpg

i like this. what kind of sneakers are those?

Also, liked darkknights last fit, especially the boots. what are the jeans? I like the color/wash. In one pic it looks like you can see a dior dart off the back pocket, but if not for that i wouldnt guess them to be diors.

anyway,
P9270534.jpg

bs jacket
lova t
lang jeans
brato sneakers

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I think robbie should still step up his game, but I understand that normal is sometimes better than stigmatized. That being said, why not STF 501's at the very least? You can work a decent raw denim game for cheap.:<

which is why the fit is kinda perplexing; he can afford ROY denim but can't afford to have them hemmed.

anyway enough bashing, i'm sure he knows that the fit is not that great.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
you look like a cartoon.

the cuffs are off, which I admitted.

its a modest mouse shirt, a cap, and a flannel.

I wear regular clothes and ill fitting jeans and I look like a redneck?

Edited to skip the unnecessary f-bomb.

Is the hem of the Roys large enough that you'd step on it wearing Chucks if you leave them uncuffed (or modestly cuffed)? And I would think a roll would be another option here. I've seen a bunch of great fits with Roys, though.

And yeah, baseball cap, graphic tee, open flannel, and seemingly oversized jeans...Do you have a complete set of salad bowls, and they all say "Kool Whip" on the side?

Also, Modest Mouse was played out 2 - 3 albums ago.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you look like a cartoon.

the cuffs are off, which I admitted.

its a modest mouse shirt, a cap, and a flannel.

I said you look like a ***, and got **** for it. I wear regular clothes and ill fitting jeans and I look like a redneck?

Why is 'regular' such a difficult aesthetic for you to digest?

sheesh.

you don't see why you got **** for calling some a ***..it's like dropping an N bomb or something. By him saying you look like a redneck isn't discriminatory. It's like saying someone looks ghetto or metro.. I'm usually not so liberal or harsh , but i thought this was funny not in a good way..

Honestly i sort of liked one of your fits from a while back, but this one looks like you are centering a ton of crappy clothes around a pair of roys instead of having a few decent things. I know you probably dont make a ton of cash so it can be hard. I can relate to the small town thing, i've lived in small towns before and know how closed minded people are. However, you seem to be a little close minded and defensive yourself. I'm not saying i'm the god of style or have tons of expensive ****..i'm a college student/parent so yeah i know all about shopping around. Honestly that fit looks like something you would see in a small MW town with someone working for the city and just got off work pissed off at the world lol. btw i dig modest mouse pre ugly cassanova/good news for people who like bad news. I saw them back in their "lonesome in the crowded west" tour.
smile.gif

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
robbie, idgi
confused.gif

unc- you don't get it?

I rarely get your fits.

They are costumey IMO, I realize they make a lot of sense for you... but I'd stand out like a sore thumb, and be un-employed in Lexington,NE. I don't blend in, but I don't stand out... different strokes I guess.

Aside from the cuffs, this is a pretty decent fit for me.

Defensive much? For what it's worth, I agree with everything Uncontrol said. I don't understand why you're even posting fits in WAYWT if you're going to rage whenever someone dislikes your fit. Isn't criticism the entire point of this thread?
facepalm.gif

grouper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
i like this. what kind of sneakers are those?

Thank you! they're lanvin. the rest is relatively cheap - BR shirt, charles and a half cardi, cheap monday jeans. i need to get more CMs in that cut, it's as skinny as i'm comfortable going and the inseam is relatively long (they are 31w 34L)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
a134d.jpg

jacket- EG Bedford
shirt- LE Canvas oxford (cool shade of purple but doesn't really show in pic)
tie- The Hill Side
belt- Jean Shop
jeans- Somet
boots- Roys

sorry for the crappy pic, no flash.

This seems like a lot of money invested to achieve a look similar to the guy trying to be stylish by lifting a look from a spread in a back issue of Men's Health.

It's strange, because on their own, I really like the pieces. They just don't jive together as they are. Then again, I think blue denim looks lousy with the blazer/tie/button-down look.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
This seems like a lot of money invested to achieve a look similar to the guy trying to be stylish by lifting a look from a spread in a back issue of Men's Health.

It's strange, because on their own, I really like the pieces. They just don't jive together as they are. Then again, I think blue denim looks lousy with the blazer/tie/button-down look.

I think if he lost the tie it'd be pretty solid.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
btw i dig modest mouse pre ugly cassanova/good news for people who like bad news. I saw them back in their "lonesome in the crowded west" tour.
smile.gif

Yeah, I really liked them back when they came out with The Lonesome Crowded West and The Moon and Antarctica. Good News for People Who Love Bad News really killed it for me, though. I can hardly listen to them any more. Almost a Weezer Green Album-level legacy killer.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
which is why the fit is kinda perplexing; he can afford ROY denim but can't afford to have them hemmed.
I'm confused. Are you implying that hemming is a luxury that he can't afford, that jeans shouldn't be cuffed, or both?
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
Defensive much? For what it's worth, I agree with everything Uncontrol said. I don't understand why you're even posting fits in WAYWT if you're going to rage whenever someone dislikes your fit. Isn't criticism the entire point of this thread?
facepalm.gif

I realize you've been here for ten seconds but you should look up how certain people have handled criticisms with their fits in the past.

This isn't necessarily something personal against you but there's enough irony here to go around and I'm surprised people are goldfishing with their memories. People originally railed Uncontrol's fits. It's not that his fits have differed or improved at all, it's just that the shock value wore off ages ago and simply put he's going to play "dress up" in 1970's David Bowie's vampire boyfriend's closet no matter what anyone says.

Now, if you can say "more power to him" when he resembles absolutely nothing of the aesthetic that we generally share here, why deride robbie for doing the same on the other extreme?

Irony is all I'm saying.

darkknight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82

Also, liked darkknights last fit, especially the boots. what are the jeans? I like the color/wash. In one pic it looks like you can see a dior dart off the back pocket, but if not for that i wouldnt guess them to be diors.

thank you. jeans are dior dust.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Edited to skip the unnecessary f-bomb. Is the hem of the Roys large enough that you'd step on it wearing Chucks if you leave them uncuffed (or modestly cuffed)? And I would think a roll would be another option here. I've seen a bunch of great fits with Roys, though. And yeah, baseball cap, graphic tee, open flannel, and seemingly oversized jeans...Do you have a complete set of salad bowls, and they all say "Kool Whip" on the side? Also, Modest Mouse was played out 2 - 3 albums ago.
This was my first actual pair of unsanforized jeans, ******** up on the sizing. I got 33's which are way way too big. But I was confused, and pulled the trigger when I thought I wasn't. The fit is off. But I paid more for these than any other item i've ever bought in my entire life. So thats why I haven't got them hemmed. The cost of having it done (25-40$, plus shipping 10.70, plus return shipping 10.70 makes it expensive for the moment.) they don't fit right, and you can't make 33's fit right when you're a 31. They're personalized, and roy is on hiatus, or else I'd try to trade/sell them. Instead, I am wearing the piss out of them every day. Cause thats what jeans are for. Its a really frustrating thing to me. I probably sound more defensive than I really am, or ought to be. I am not stylish, most of my fits are sub par... but this is 1 of 2,maybe 3 in the past 90 days. I feel i've grown from the days when I'd post 2 REALLY ****** fits in a day and be all bent out of shape when people told me they were ******. Fix the jeans, and this looks like something you'd see getting + repped on SuFu. you just referenced jeff foxworthy, that was un-necessary. also, ever heard Interstate 8, The Fruit that Ate Itself, Sad Sappy Sucker, Secret Agent X-9 split w/ 764 Hero? Their more prominent albums are different than their early stuff, but its still Isaac Brock, and now they have Johnny ******* Marr. srsly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads