• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMT1

Reaction score

What a pretty picture. That's my favorite Submariner, by far. And I'm generally not a fan of two tones.

Same here, but I do love the 16613. It's so far beyond a "guilty pleasure." I fell in love with the blue hue in the 80s and, always knowing I'd own one some day, made it my wedding present to myself. It is ...precious to me.

Seriously, my wife laughingly refers to it as "Precious" due to my initial concern with scratches on the PCLs, but thankfully I grew out of it. :)

My first contribution to this thread

Nice 16234! Welcome!

Here's one of my contributions to a steering wheel thread on another watch forum.

Heading out on it now, I hope everyone's weekend is going well.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where do people see the future of the Hulk sub? I prefer it to the black faced anniversary edition... I wonder how these will age? Apparently there were several variations too? They seem to hover around $7800 or so on TRF.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very tempted to get a pure sports watch for Sundays, taking the kids to the park or to the beach etc. I like the Hulk but it may be a bit chunky for my tiny wrists, thought about an explorer, but well, I just find it a bit boring and I really don't like day date II at all.

Maybe a Tudor of some description?

Last edited:

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are my eyes are failing me or does the IWC Ingenieur look a lot like the VC Overseas? Poor man's edition of course.

Also, there's something about that two tone Sub. Normally I'd stay far away from YG but in that combination with the blue.. :inlove:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very tempted to get a pure sports watch for Sundays, taking the kids to the park or to the beach etc. Think it may be a bit chunky for my tiny wrists, thought about an explorer, but well, I just find it a bit boring and I really don't like day date II at all.

Maybe a Tudor of some description?

Something tells me an IWC Mk XV might be more your style...

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I personally dislike 3 o'clock date windows...or date windows at all...on dress watches in particular.  Therefore that wouldn't be the watch for me.  BUT I think Tissot are the sweet spot of good value for ETA-based Swiss watches: simple, clean designs, nice enough finishing and no pretensions of exclusivity in the price (I'm looking at you, Tag Heuer, and a dozen others).  I bought one for my son.  I am not blessed with any expensive watches - the most "prestigious" maker I have is modest Omega, in a cheap and elderly form at that.  So this thread isn't just about dick-waving.  Promise.

For me, it depends on the dress watch. There are some with a date window (at 3 o'clock) that I like and some without that I like. There are others of both that I dislike. However, I suppose the purest of the pure dress watch should probably be without a date window at all.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ +1. One of my partners wears a green Milgauss often and it's very nice looking in person (moreso than the pictures, IMHO).

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Belligero - check this out. Pic taken at one of the largest ADs in Norway.

zyvege6e.jpg

Bezel insert switch for the SD4000?

Thanks for that. Looks like one of the Swiss gnomes might have been partying too hard before his shift.

I wonder if the Sea-Dweller's fully-indexed bezel ended up on a no-date Submariner; that could look good.

eusa_think.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^^^ +1. One of my partners wears a green Milgauss often and it's very nice looking in person (moreso than the pictures, IMHO).

I have handled a few and I love it. never seen the blue face in person tho, I lust for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics