• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DB shot of my SubC ND in a free shuttle bus catering mostly to the elderly and young kids!!!! And moms shopping at the nearby grocery!

upy4yhej.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ellsbebc, awesome.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Background of frills' shot is blurry, but those moms do seem to have potential

kimmo

Reaction score

Restoration of dials and other things on collectible watches can drastically reduce their value.  Now if you don't care about that, its not a big deal.  It's your money, buy what you like.  However, if you are willing to overlook originality in favor of something thats vintage and has been restored to nearly new  condition with modern Lum, that's your choice.  However, you want to be sure you aren't paying top dollar, un-restored collector piece pricing, for a watch that has been restored and should be valued at significantly less than a mint example with original dial, hands, box & papers etc.  

Thanks Dino, that is a good point and I realize that. Obviously certain patina is half the charm of these items, but as you said, totally destroyed dials might need some touch up.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
But that station is? I've never seen a train so empty in my life =) Take care =)

You've never seen the public react to Frilly walking into a station wearing nothing but a Rolex Submariner and green Corthay shoes. Imagine a Godzilla movie where the big lizard is a smiling Asian bodybuilder with a PhD, a watch habit and a tendency to exhibitionism. Terrifying, apparently.

golfinz

Reaction score
Looking to nab my first Rolex and have narrowed it down to the Submariner. I'm not opposed to buying used, which is why I wanted to see what you guys thought a good price for a 16610 model should be going for, specifically one in the early 2000's. There are a few new 116610 selling for under $7k, but I would like a feeler on the older version, the 16610.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geborgenliebenswerter