• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robw

Reaction score
Congratulations. Looks like a keeper.

Well today is my 2nd wedding anniversary and my wife bought my BLNR about 2.5yrs ago. Here is the most recent picture with another acquisition (April 11 @ 3:32pm). Accuracy is a little off on the new acquisition as the alarm goes off every couple of hours. The AD who happens to be my wife said the sleeping through the night service should take about 12 weeks.

e767d5db246dce6e131575b85b7e0527.jpg

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Well today is my 2nd wedding anniversary and my wife bought my BLNR about 2.5yrs ago. Here is the most recent picture with another acquisition (April 11 @ 3:32pm). Accuracy is a little off on the new acquisition as the alarm goes off every couple of hours. The AD who happens to be my wife said the sleeping through the night service should take about 12 weeks.

Wow, time flies...I remember well your pre-wedding watch dilemma that I'm sure was only a few months ago.

Congratulations on the grand complication! Service costs are truly terrible, but worth it. :)

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Love the 556. Still unsure why I haven't gotten one, myself.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought long and hard about a 556I but ultimately wanted a more traditional dive watch. Great watch, though.

Winot

Reaction score
I've got the 856 with the date at 4 o'clock. They are a great brand.

ION, I have pulled the trigger on something special for my 45th birthday, which should be arriving tomorrow from Germany. Pictures when it does.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, time flies...I remember well your pre-wedding watch dilemma that I'm sure was only a few months ago.

Congratulations on the grand complication! Service costs are truly terrible, but worth it. :)

Gosh I remember that. It started Planet Ocean vs. Submariner. I remember DerekS saying - Get a used Sub and a pair of G&G's and I had no clue what those were. Basel world started and the BLNR was announced and I fell in love.

Grand Complication....love it!

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I now find myself lusting after a Sinn 556i.

Picking nits here, but I've never loved the crown guards on that one, for some reason.

Handsome watch, though. Love the simplicity... and I'm sure it would be versatile, and also extremely legible in most conditions.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Watch out, they grow up fast and develop an appreciation for chronos.

Ain't that the truth. My three-year-olds are already infatuated with daddy's new "blue clock" and it's red triangle.

Last edited:

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Watch out, they grow up fast and develop an appreciation for chronos.

Or Oyster bracelets

Congrats jbarwick. We just had out first on March 31st!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads