• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rather like this new 39mm bronze Baltic with a chestnut dial.

1681515244700.png

pmeis

Reaction score
On a flight from Orange County to Newark, person in the middle seat next to me has a Tag smart watch, person on other side of the isle, same Tag smart watch. Not sure if I’ve ever seen a single person wearing one, let alone two on either side of me.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the other thing, and it could be geo dependent again, and one of the reasons I see few men wearing them in the US, is women in the US often look at and purchase the largers sizes like the 40mm or 42mm
I'm sorry but I can't resist...
I like big stereotypes and I cannot lie, you US brothers can't deny...

1681526259772.png

Meanwhile in American Samoa: "Bring me the Panerai!"
(data)

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whatever NYC’s other issues, I never worry someone will randomly snatch the watch off my wrist.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most dangerous parts of the world are South American or Central American capitals, Mexico and places like Manila, although I heard they've cleaned it up a bit. If you are on the wrong side of town in Bogota or Sao Paolo, Rio, or Mexico City; its not a matter if you'll be mugged, but when, and how much they'll rough you up.

No disrespect meant to any of these countries or their local denizens. People in all those countries are welcoming and hospitable, but if you're on the wrong side of town, or alone at night in a shady area, you'll get mugged with near certainty.
I can say the exact same thing about 20 cities in USA. I’ve lived in Bogotá and take the same precautions that I take when visiting, for example, my sister in Chicago.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
I can say the exact same thing about 20 cities in USA. I’ve lived in Bogotá and take the same precautions that I take when visiting, for example, my sister in Chicago.
Good advice. Some American cities are also very dangerous (and not as fun or cultured, and the women are not nearly as hot).

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
Safety be damned. Did you not see the data am55 posted? Them American gals sport larger wrists than George Red.
hahaha....yeah...American girls, on average, fare poorly when compared to girls in Colombia or Southern Brazil or Eastern Europe. Bogota is a great city, as long as you stay north of their Mason-Dixon line, and avoid driving in the wrong areas at night.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
OK, back to watches. I submit to you, my lords and peers, that we buy quality watches for one or more of the following reasons:

1) utility
2) a sense of satisfaction that we're wearing a quality time-piece, and
3) to show off (especially to women)

If your primary motivation is 1) and 2) then you can buy what you like and not worry about cheap and nearly identical copies that would fool most people.

However, if your prime motivation is 3), then most watches are not very distinctive (have many cheaper copies available in the marketplace).

I don't mind admitting that my primary motivation is 3) and maybe 2). Keeping time is trivial these days, unless you're a deep sea diver, or live in the middle of the desert or in a remote rain forest. For these reasons, I'm searching for a distinctive watch, that will stand out, and whose cheap copy is not easily available.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, back to watches. I submit to you, my lords and peers, that we buy quality watches for one or more of the following reasons:

1) utility
2) a sense of satisfaction that we're wearing a quality time-piece, and
3) to show off (especially to women)

If your primary motivation is 1) and 2) then you can buy what you like and not worry about cheap and nearly identical copies that would fool most people.

However, if your prime motivation is 3), then most watches are not very distinctive (have many cheaper copies available in the marketplace).

I don't mind admitting that my primary motivation is 3) and maybe 2). Keeping time is trivial these days, unless you're a deep sea diver, or live in the middle of the desert or in a remote rain forest. For these reasons, I'm searching for a distinctive watch, that will stand out, and whose cheap copy is not easily available.
You deserve an obese American woman. Your watch will be distinctive because it looks smaller on your wrist than hers

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donmugaga