• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo T's don't really fit me that well either, what model of Lands Ends T's are you guys getting? Tailored fit? Regular?
Depends on your body shape... I would get tailored if I were to order them now, I dont remember what the 2 I own are.
http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-short-sleeve-tailored-fit-super-t/id_200182

Uniqlo and Lands End have nothing on H&M when it's in almost every mall in the USA.
Mall shopping
rotflmao.gif

xxxamazexxx

Reaction score
Uniqlo T's don't really fit me that well either, what model of Lands Ends T's are you guys getting? Tailored fit? Regular?

Lands' End tailored fit is just slightly roomier than Uniqlo. Lands' End regular fit is almost the same as tailored fit in the shoulder, but chest and waist are larger. Somehow, all three of these fit me. I guess the difference between Lands' End regular fit and tailored fit is just looks. If one fits you so will the other.

I would say there tees run tts, coats do also.

With Lands End, and Uniqlo, I wonder why H&M even exists they have got to have the worst quality products in existence.

Apparently H&M is the one doing the best out of the three... and it really doesn't deserve the flack for its quality. It's bad, but it's accordingly cheap. Style-wise I have to say they are one of the best brands out there. They probably have a stronger designer team than any other brand thanks to their size and popularity. The real sucker here is probably brands like Forever 21.

I seriously doubt that.

So they jacked up the price from $10 to $13 for short-sleeved tees and from $13 to $15 for long-sleeved... Guess I will have no choice but to stick to Lands' End.

noobedloser

Reaction score
Apparently there's a pop up shop in Berlin in Mitte, will be paying a visit later today for sure
Edit: ima go tomorrow instead

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
selvedge raws came. waist is a little more snug than other uniqlo stuff of the same size--expected from raws, really. I haven't measured, but based on how they feel, the actual waist is probably about an inch more than tag size, and then they start stretching pretty much instantly. I'm expecting them to keep stretching; who knows how much i'll get. I did measure the hem; a size 28 on the "slim straight" version is just under 7".

they're nothing fancy, obviously, but nothing screams "cheap" to me other than "made in bangladesh." it's got a good ykk zipper, sound stitching, reasonable denim thickness and quality--so it's uniqlo still operating as usual. the yellow and gold stitching looks less weird in person than online, where the yellow really pops, btw.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Hah seems like I'm not the only one who thinks Lands End makes the best Ts. I think their super T henleys are some of the best out there, really thick and durable with nice buttons. Also you can snag them for a good 50% off in stores all the time.

As for sizing they run pretty large.

It's interesting, I use to buy the hell out of Uniqlo. But now Lands End is my go to for basics, mostly because Lands End is cut better for me. But the quality difference is really noticeable, I'd take a Lands End flannel over a Uniqlo any day.

No small tall. :fu:

Guess I'm sticking with AA for now. :confused:

I'm kind of surprised they went with a zipper fly on the raw selvedge jeans. The old MIJ ones had a button fly.

gastarbeider

Reaction score

I'm kind of surprised they went with a zipper fly on the raw selvedge jeans. The old MIJ ones had a button fly.

they used to sell MIJ selvedge (iirc $89), and made in China (using japanese materials selevge. those went for $49, iirc.

the latter came with zippers.

btw - picked up a pair of the new selevge. wearing them now. they're OK, but definitely not at the level of the MIJ, or even the made in China selvedge. the denim seems thinner.

feliks

Reaction score
ya, I got the slim selvedge today too. not bad at all in terms of fit (i sized down one) and I'd recommend them to broke dudes in college who don't want to lurk ebay/b&s. I returned them anyways since I decided I'd rather spend a extra on some 3sixteens.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^Thats why your better off spending $50 more for APCs or even Unbranded/N&F jeans that could be bought for around $60-$80

That's true for some people, but it ain't like that for me. I don't like the fit, stretch, design, or materials on APCs or N&F enough to pay more for those. But I do like how these are.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads