• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vaio

Reaction score
I went to the SF opening! Was great for a student haha

p8kpY.jpg

tTuqg.jpg

UiEUO.jpg

thatguymj

Reaction score
One of the manager of the SF store mentioned they didn't have room at the new store for the UU stuff and most of the other designer t-shirt stuff so they are planning to re-open the pop up on 10/15 and put it there.

Was surprised I didn't see any SF type people there. It was mostly old asians.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think SF is mostly old asians.

anywho, I like the UU stuff, i don't think it's garbage at all. the puffy jacket and utility parkas are both solid.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah they old but they're filthy rich or are foreigners from HK/Taiwan

I actually very much prefer them to the hipsters et al
Much nicer and I can help them pick stuff off the top racks etc.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The store is 3 floors and they didn't have room left for any UU? How much stuff can they have?

ramp

Reaction score

The store is 3 floors and they didn't have room left for any UU? How much stuff can they have?

A lot of it was really redundant. The bottom floor had all menswear but it was also spread out on the other two floors. I bet once the store cools down they won't have to stock so many basics and will have room for UU.

mj, I mostly saw sexy Asian girls, but there were some oldsters too. Bummed I didn't get to meet any SF people.

jay3429

Reaction score

No, that's real and was like that for a while:
8057763612_37f93068bc_c.jpg

It was as if it was Black Friday in there...

This is ******* ridiculous, its just a bloody uniqlo. :facepalm: The way that people are lined up you'd think there was a neon sign that read "********."

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

I think SF is mostly old asians.

another reason why sf sucks

pretty ******* stupid how they didn't have uu, manager fed you some bullshit about not having room the ******* place is gigantic they didn't have room for some tiny clothes?

nineohtoo

Reaction score
A lot of the store had just promo items. The sale stuff probably occupied half of the walls and rack space. I'd guess that after the buzz dies down they'll add more products to the store.

But I heard older people complaining that there were't free jackets, just a chance to win one lol.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never tried their alteration service, but if they messed up shouldn't they do an exchange for you or something? Unless it's a sold out item, then they should either give you store credit or let you pick something of similar value.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Has anyone "field tested" the UU Parka yet in cold weather? I was hoping this winter in NYC would be mild like last year, but it looks like it'll be colder than a witch's teat given how cold it's gotten this week already. The parka is pretty thin even with the lining, so I'm on the edge about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads