• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just before I switched jobs, I went on a thrifting spree, some of which I listed on the Thrifting Thread. I've divested some of it already, but find myself with plenty. So here's what I've got now (not likely to change as I've got a new job to learn). Primarily interested in sale, but could do trade for the right item(s). PM me with offers (please!) Shoes: Allen Edmonds Park Avenue cap toe in Brown, 13D Church's Custom Grade brouged wingtips in light brown, 9D (?)
[ URL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/1291747/width/350/height/467]
[/URL]
Suits: (all measurements are: pit, shoulder, jacket length, arm, waist, inseam) Oxxford Owentsia "Superworsted" in gray pinstripe, 41S (21.5, 18, 30, 24, 33, 28) E. Zegna "Trofeo" brown with tight blue pinstripe, unvented, double pleat, 42R (22.5, 20, 31.5, 24.5, 39, 30) BBGF hand tailored, blue pinstripe, unvented, working cuffs, pleated, 41R (21, 19, 30.75, 23.5, 35, 27) Ferrucci (of New Haven, CT) bespoke, full canvas, charcoal with red windowpane Super 110s, side vented, pleated, 2 button (20, 18, 31, 24, 34, 30) (no pics yet) VTG Hickey Freeman hand tailored "Boardroom" blue pinstripe windowpane, one eraser-size hole needs re-weaving in rear, 2 button single vented flat front 44R (23, 19, 31.5, 25.75, 37.5, 30) Hickey hand tailored gray POW check worsted wool, double vent, flat front 42L (22, 18, 32.5, 25.5, 36, 33.5) Gieves & Hawkes OTR (by HF) dark navy/gray pinstripe, 2 button, unvented, pleated, alternating silver and beige stripes, worsted, 42L (22, 20.5, 31.5, 24.5, 36, 32) Blazers (all measurements are pit, shoulder, length, arm) Gieves & Hawkes OTR (by HF) blue blazer, brass buttons, damage to right arm, some sheening (yikes!) (24, 20.5, 31, 23) Corneliani tan/blue houndstooth wool and silk unvented 2 btn; 3 eraser-size damage spots under right arm, fairly minor, 48L (25, 20.5, 33. 26) Hickey Freeman (gray label) with Loro Piana Wool light gray with faint blue windowpane (orphan?), 2 button double vent 44R (23, 19, 3`, 25.5) Trousers: BB 1818 Madison, NWOT khakis/chinos, "tucked under" rear seam (like Oxxfords; is there a name for this?) 36 x 30 Joseph Abboud black linen, pleated 35 x 30 (no pics yet) Zanella flat front "stretch" green/brown, 33 x 29.25
Ties: Tons of cK, Abboud, Armani and Val -- hey, I used to work for the company, OK? -- but I'll spare you. Details upon request. BB Makers horizontal red/blue stripe, 3.75 W BB Makers ivory with green stripes grosgrain, 3.5W Robert Talbott for Ed Mitchell in dark/light gray basketweave, 3.75W Turnbull & Asser red with blue (sets of 3) stripe, 3.75W E. Zegna purple with blue/green polka dots, 3.5W
[ /SPOILER] Shirts (so many sizes and varieties!) Again, tons of cK, Banana, Abboud; details upon request (yeah, right!) Brioni brown/gray nailhead shirt. Some minor fraying, addressed but re-sewing seam. 17 x 35 BB 346 green POW with blue overcheck, L (16.5 x 33) BB 346 light blue POW (16 x 34) BB white with pink, blue and green windowpane (15 x 33) CT Sea Island light blue (15 x 33, laundered down from 16.5); serviceable but near end of life E. Zegna light blue with tight blue and black stripes, french cuff (note: small nick just under collar; barely visible and invisible with tie) E. Zegna black and gray gingham, L (16.5 x 33) HF pink stripe longsleeve, spread collar, 17.5 x 35 HF brown/black plaid check, spread collar, 17.5 x 35 HF brown/black/blue plaid check, point collar, small tear near beltline, 17 x 35 Ike Behar white twill, barrel cuffs, 17 x 35 Ike Behar tangerine/creamsicle orange pinpoint, 16.5 x 35 Loro Piana striped (dark blue, white, tan) linen shirt, L Robert Talbott Green with white and multi check, both L and XL Valentino blue stripe with herringbone weave, 16 x 32/33 (no pic) Valentino gray stripe, 16 x 32/33 Sweaters: Calvin Klein Collection, made in Italy, XXL (fits 43" chest), tan and blue (note: repair needed on blue sweater at lower hem on right side) John Ashford gray collared with pocket, XL
Oh, and a couple of vests/waistcoats (no, not orphans) from Abboud in the 40-41 range (the last one is Gap).
[ /SPOILER]

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, gonna list all the Oxxfords I have available in one post for reference. 5 SC's and 1 suit.

Oxxford super 150's brown/black houndstooth SC. Unvented, fully lined/canvassed.

Shoulder-to-shoulder: 20"

Pit-to-pit: 22"

Chest: 21"

Sleeves: 26'

Length from BOC: 34"

Oxxford super 100's houndstooth suit. Unvented, fully canvassed/lined. Pants are double pleated and cuffed.

Jacket size same as above

Pants size: 18" waist, 32" inseam. 1.5" cuff. They're even sorta long on me(6'7") so I believe the rise is pretty high? Pant Length overall: 44.5".

Measurements on the first two are the same as they're from the same donor.

Oxxford super 120's black w/ magenta(or fuscia?) and faint gray glen-plaid pattern. Single vented, 2 button and fully lined/canvassed.

Oxxford super 100's glen-plaid SC. This thing looks awesome...and green haha. Single vented, 2 button and fully lined/canvassed.

Oxxford light grey POW pattern SC. Single vented, 2 button and fully lined/canvassed.

Oxxford houndstooth with a nice tan/beige check pattern SC. Single vent, two button and fully lined/canvassed.

Shoulders: 19"

Pit-to-pit: 21.5"

Sleeves: 23"

Chest: 20.5"

Length from bottom of collar: 30

Those are the measurements from the bottom 4. They're all tagged SC so they're not orphans. I think I may be a moron and they all might only be half-canvassed.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a very cool Gieves & Hawkes unfinished bespoke DB navy pinstripe blazer... The sleeves are cut for surgeon's cuffs but haven't been finished, so there's no button holes or buttons. It's a 42L and the unfinished sleeves are 26" now.

Let me know if anyone wants pics

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is too long
angry.gif

Looking to trade gray suit for gray suit. If it were a short, it would be perfect, even with the pleats, but alas, it is not. Anyone have anything?

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since spring is right around the corner, I desperately need to replace my "Stays Cool" Joseph Bank seersucker suit with something decent. If anyone sees something a few leaps up from JosBank in a suit or SC in blue or another tasteful color (38-40 S), I will pay you or trade you or whatever.

I'd actually be willing to pay good money for something like this, so help me out.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple Hickey Freeman shirts (available)

16.5 - 35 nice white shirt

17-35 staple blue

A Comme des Garcons navy blazer (available)... pretty small... I'm guessing a 36? I don't know much about this brand, can someone fill me in?

Found a couple Hickey Freeman suits (available)... first a Walter Morton (another brand from HF with the same make / quality) 3 piece suit, marked a 42 but feels like around a 39-40 and pretty nice

Also found another one of those 46's with the super 120's, this one a 46XLG

Picked up a pair of HS Trask Bison leather loafers size 10M... fit me okay, but available

A soporific XL Brooks Brothers

A Highlands made in Scotland wool scarf in a colorful tartan (available)

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got some very nice loafers in my sig, at least if you like the structured approach the english take to loafers. And I've had 'em up for a while, so if you make me a reasonable offer (or offer trade value, 7D, 36S), they're yours.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the pics and measurements for the Gieves & Hawkes Bespoke DB navy pinstripe blazer including details of the unfinished working cuffs

Shoulder to shoulder: 18.5"
Pit to pit: 23"
Waist at the 1st button: 20.5"
Back from the bottom of the collar: 31"
Sleeve from the shoulder seam to the unfinished end: 26"

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
A Comme des Garcons navy blazer (available)... pretty small... I'm guessing a 36? I don't know much about this brand, can someone fill me in?

Here's the measurements of this:

It's a 3 button

Shoulders: 16"
Pit to pit: 20"
Waist at 2nd button: 17.5"
back from the bottom of the collar: 28.5"
Sleeves: 22.5"

jrobertson427

Reaction score
I'm on the lookout for 40-42L suits (19" shoulders, 25" sleeves, 35" waist") and shoes sizes 11.5

PM me if you have anything!

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* LOL

adding these to what I have to trade

top to bottom: Pendleton(size L), Pendleton(size L), Thomas Pink french cuff(17 1/2 - 44), Zanella(40x30 1.75" cuff, double pleat), Zanella(40x30 1.75" cuff, double pleat), Bill's Khakis(34x32, flat front M2's), both ties are Zegna.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads