• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jokb

Reaction score

emidyl

Reaction score
+3 ^ as my fellow Canadian friends have already. Carmina, and Skoak. Enough said.
If you need sizing help shout out.

edit: the dollar has also been doing relatively well, in that the last few days there have been drops of around $10-$15.

Last edited:

jokb

Reaction score
Quote:
Yep, I've decided to go ahead with it. To be honest I only have a few pairs so I haven't started marketing it yet. Half of my stock is for sizing and the other for retail. Also, what I have are different models and sizes as these were on stock. When I get more, I think the BBQ / fitting event would happen and based on that I can order the model that people want.

By the way, not sure if you've seen the S last but it is gorgeous, just gotta size up though.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Fosterions

Reaction score
Awesome replies guys! Thanks! In AE's I'm a pretty reliable 7.5e. Is that going to translate well into the Carmina? Vass?

Regarding the Vass jokb, please do tell.

jokb

Reaction score
Cool. Well I have another pair for you to polish up, so hopefully I can check them out in advance of the BBQ.

Sounds good! yes, swing by any time and you can see what I have. I also have some Saphir items as well, I know you were looking for the invulner at one time.

Awesome replies guys! Thanks! In AE's I'm a pretty reliable 7.5e. Is that going to translate well into the Carmina? Vass?

Regarding the Vass jokb, please do tell.

AE sizing is a bit vague as this depends on the last. Hard to say unless you know what your size is with other Engligh maker but I'd say you're between 40-41 depending on the last for Vass.
For Carmina, you'd probably be a 6.5 on the Rain last.

Fosterions

Reaction score
Fair enough on the AE's fittings - I have a pair of Leeds that are and 8D that fit well, Park Avs that are a 7.5E (they fit but aren't very comfortable) and some wingtips I bought used, not sure what they are, but they're a 7.5E. I tried the Church's on at Harry's in the link above that were a 6.5E(I think E) and they fit very well, very comfortable. I actually quite like them but between the Harry's cost and the alleged Prada problem with Church's I have a hunch I can do better - why I asked the question.

jokb

Reaction score
Fair enough on the AE's fittings - I have a pair of Leeds that are and 8D that fit well, Park Avs that are a 7.5E (they fit but aren't very comfortable) and some wingtips I bought used, not sure what they are, but they're a 7.5E. I tried the Church's on at Harry's in the link above that were a 6.5E(I think E) and they fit very well, very comfortable. I actually quite like them but between the Harry's cost and the alleged Prada problem with Church's I have a hunch I can do better - why I asked the question.
I think for $650 + tax, you can definitely do better. This is Vass 1075 and it's pretty close to what you like.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Gravity Pope here in Toronto also sells some Churchs. Actually for casual wear, I'd say they have one of the best shoe selections in the city. Seriously, lots to look at there. Queen and Ossington. They might do sales/discounts on shoes like Churches since it isn't their usual buyer.

emidyl

Reaction score
Yep, I've decided to go ahead with it. To be honest I only have a few pairs so I haven't started marketing it yet. Half of my stock is for sizing and the other for retail. Also, what I have are different models and sizes as these were on stock. When I get more, I think the BBQ / fitting event would happen and based on that I can order the model that people want.

By the way, not sure if you've seen the S last but it is gorgeous, just gotta size up though.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
count me in Jok, def interested in the models you have on hand. Give me a shout

cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads