• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Carmina calf/suede boots for $1400 hahahaha.

I know rent in Yorkville is pricey but that is a joke.

1f62c.png
insane.

ino68

Reaction score
Whaaaat that's highway robbery! 1400 is near MTO shell boot money!

Leatherfoot has always struck me as bit of an odd store, tiny shop with very little stock, juuuuust managing the rent on their swanky location.

I can only imagine though, being a niche retailer is a tough, tough gig, and with shoes the import duty can't help either.

stanchri

Reaction score
I feel that the level of service at Leatherfoot has dropped since Arne left, but that might be just personal experience.
It's also surprising they haven't updated their website in over half a year and even more so that they haven't been able to move their old stock.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing he meant they won't be getting shell but if they are it's around 1400 for shell boots. Their calf boots won't be 1400. No chance. That makes more sense.

Alden still would get my $ for shell.

I've done a bunch if calculations lately with all this price diff stuff. Best bet is still to order to us an get it while your down on business or pleasure next time. You get 800$ allowment for 48hrs.

Bonafe for about 750 taxed in CAD delivered. Do the math beats the hell out of our deal.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing he meant they won't be getting shell but if they are it's around 1400 for shell boots. Their calf boots won't be 1400. No chance. That makes more sense.

On reflection yeah this is what he probably meant. Apologies for the confusion all. The boots were entrancing so I was kinda preoccupied. :p

What was entirely clear is that they wont be stocking Carmina shell anything anymore.

Deoraby

Reaction score
I don't understand how leatherfoot are still in business...I wandered in today and asked the guy how much the Carmina wholecuts are in the sale...$400 apparently, despite them being in their 'sale' for more than 18 months by my estimation and regardless of the fact they have been down to $370 for over a year on their website.....

they really don't seem to have substantial stock either.....all but sold out of J. Fitzpatrick and Rider but no sign of the replacement brands, Alden, C&J etc making an appearance.....

I was in the shop for over 30 mins and I was the only customer but there was two staff...

they did have a tempting pair of shell Carmina monks in the sale.....at $700 probably a reasonably good deal, particularly if their prices are on a steep curve upwards....im not sure if I could buy from Skoak, Carmina direct at a better price......

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the store. I am aware it is no screaming deal to say the least but the staff seem very knowledgable and helpful. In fact, I have yet to talk to one that doesnt have a genuine passion for well-made shoes, whereas the dudes at Via Cavour have no clue how shoes are made, they just want you leaving with a pair and the prices are truly insane. I wont dispute that the LF website is stale and inaccurate, apparently they dont call ahead proactively to relay delays and other stuff but the experience of a visit - purchase or no - has always been pretty fun for me.

Aside from the Riders today I've bought one pair only from them so far - Carmina shell wholecut - and while I guess I possibly may have saved a bit going online I got to try them on and stride around for some time first- which is invaluable IMO if you dont know what last for that brand is best or have a +wide foot like I do etc etc.

You also get the intensive cleaning service free of charge which is cool if you remember every couple months. I will say that throwing in the trees would be tremendous tho lol

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Splurged with my Harry Rosen gift card and ordered two interesting pieces.

The Samuelson event is going on right now, and I took advantage of their MTO program. It's different from mtm in that you pick the fabric, model type, size, lining, buttons and that's it. You can't account for things like drop shoulder, etc...

So they can actually make you a suit based on the swatches they have in stock without charging you mtm pricing. MTO comes out to about $300 cheaper than mtm.

The advantage of this approach is that you can order models that they don't carry in store. For example, I order one suit in the Ashton Soft model, which is a very lightly padded shoulder. The other order was Ashton Soft half lined. So far, I've only seen Ashton soft on SCs in store.

I ordered two suits in 'B' fabrics. First was a loro piana solid navy (fully lined, Ashton soft). And the second one was solid charcoal flannel half lined in Ashton soft (Barberis wool). I wanted the flannel after seeing some of the Formosa flannels suits offered up by NMWA.

If you pick a swatch that doesn't have the name of the mill on it, you can ask the sales rep to find out from Samuelsohn. The Barberis swatch was unmarked, and I had them find out where it came from.

Most of the A, B, and C swatches are unmarked.

Will let you know how it turns out.

Last edited:

emidyl

Reaction score
Yeah, since finding out about LF late last yr, I've been a bit disappointed. Dealt with Arne, who was great and purchased some care products. Site hasn't been updated as was mentioned, but deliveries of staples seem to be very unnecessarily long overdue.
SS15 items arriving in Sept/Oct is just not acceptable considering you could get them online in May and June. Really wanted to buy locally but it never panned out and no issues getting back my deposit form John.
I wouldn't hold my breathe for Alden, but then they do march at the beat of a different drum timing wise. Stuff comes when they come. I was in there yesterday on a visit to Uncle Otis and had a peek. A few new items and if you're lucky enough to fit into the sale items they are definitely worth it at the pricepoint, especially the shell SM. The wholecuts mentioned earlier I assume were the suedes? If so you are correct, they have been on sale since the winter at $370, unless you are referring to the black calf version.
As for Rider and Fitzgerald, they are unlikely to continue carrying them.
I'm sure the costing on the calf boots were a misquote, otherwise get them at Skoak for $775-800 delivered and tax in, with much better selection.

Last edited:

Deoraby

Reaction score
Yeah the suede wholecuts..if I know how much they are on the never altered website you would imagine the stuff there should.....

I might go for the shell SMs...it the only time I have ever seen anything close to a good deal in LF.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Splurged with my Harry Rosen gift card and ordered two interesting pieces.

The Samuelson event is going on right now, and I took advantage of their MTO program. It's different from mtm in that you pick the fabric, model type, size, lining, buttons and that's it. You can't account for things like drop shoulder, etc...

So they can actually make you a suit based on the swatches they have in stock without charging you mtm pricing. MTO comes out to about $300 cheaper than mtm.

The advantage of this approach is that you can order models that they don't carry in store. For example, I order one suit in the Ashton Soft model, which is a very lightly padded shoulder. The other order was Ashton Soft half lined. So far, I've only seen Ashton soft on SCs in store.

I ordered two suits in 'B' fabrics. First was a loro piana solid navy (fully lined, Ashton soft). And the second one was solid charcoal flannel half lined in Ashton soft (Barberis wool). I wanted the flannel after seeing some of the Formosa flannels suits offered up by NMWA.

If you pick a swatch that doesn't have the name of the mill on it, you can ask the sales rep to find out from Samuelsohn. The Barberis swatch was unmarked, and I had them find out where it came from.

Most of the A, B, and C swatches are unmarked.

Will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the information. What will the event end?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads