• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Smokers Thread

torotoro

Reaction score
now it my turn to be presumtous and say you remind me of my 20 something son and his ilk in that you think you know what you do not know

curiousity killed the cat

its called a hobby or OCD or as we say on the cigar boards (albeit places that are filled with posers such as you) ODD

if your assesment was concerning Davidoff cigars generally, I would genrally agree. however, specifically the Millennium blend is separate and miles apart from the rest of the line in body and strentgh. mild by no stretch. this from a guy who will smoke a Boli Regente for breakfast. Min Ron Nee states in his Encyclopaedia of Post Revolution Cuban Cigars that it is perhaps the strongest of the Bolivar, despite its diminuitive size. I happen to agree with him on most points except that almost all Habanos require a minimum of 5 years aging. (its a Brit thing)

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by torotoro
now it my turn to be presumtous and say you remind me of my 20 something son and his ilk in that you think you know what you do not know

curiousity killed the cat

its called a hobby or OCD or as we say on the cigar boards (albeit places that are filled with posers such as you) ODD

I don't really understand you.
You seem to have strong opinions about cigar's taste based on some forum consensus...
Yet, judging by the cigar-list that you have posted:
I cannot see any particular taste or knowledge of Cuban cigars expressed in your collection.
If I would to believe that you really have all those different makes and brands in your possession then I would conclude that you have no taste in cigars and do indeed have OCD.
Well, then, what is your definition of poser?

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed a nice Romeo y Julieta Churchill last night poolside with a bottle of red wine and John Darwin's After Tamerlane: The Global History of Empire
smile.gif

torotoro

Reaction score
I am going to let this go but just for the record, again, my impressions are based on my experience and my classification of Millenniums as cigars that are not mild is based on my experience. my assesment is shared by many other that I know that share my passion and experience with cigars. I have been smoking cigars over 30 years. You?

a poser is someone like yourself, who in online forums, professes to know that which he has limited or no real life experience

you don't know nearly one tenth of what I do concerning cigars. how you can make an assessment about my tastes or lack of it based on my moderate collection speaks volume of ignorance on the subject

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish the poker craze and Sopranos and all that **** hadn't made cigars seem so lame... It used to be sort of a timeless, out-of-fashion indulgence to smoke a cigar, but now every overweight middle American with a bowling shirt and a mafia fetish is buying Opus Xs.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
I wish the poker craze and Sopranos and all that **** hadn't made cigars seem so lame... It used to be sort of a timeless, out-of-fashion indulgence to smoke a cigar, but now every overweight middle American with a bowling shirt and a mafia fetish is buying Opus Xs.

Well, on another hand, it is still nothing like mid 90s craze when every .com dude wanted a walk-in humidor.
Due to various smoking banns it is actually possible to walk into cigar store and choose from 3-4 different Opus X sizes. Same goes for Padron Anniversario. My local liquor store has 4 different sizes all the time.
7-8 years ago I would have to spend an hour on the phone just to locate the available box of Padron. Not to mention that a lot of places would refuse to sell you a box, due to high demand.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to let this go but just for the record, again, my impressions are based on my experience and my classification of Millenniums as cigars that are not mild is based on my experience. my assesment is shared by many other that I know that share my passion and experience with cigars. I have been smoking cigars over 30 years. You?

a poser is someone like yourself, who in online forums, professes to know that which he has limited or no real life experience

you don't know nearly one tenth of what I do concerning cigars. how you can make an assessment about my tastes or lack of it based on my moderate collection speaks volume of ignorance on the subject

I don't read about cigars in magazines or on online forums. I also don't read about other things I enjoy. I spent time to go locally and taste those things and draw my own conclusions.
Your collection, to put it mildly, contains Rolls-Royces next to F-150 pick-up trucks. What would you think of such collection yourslef?

torotoro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Your collection, to put it mildly, contains Rolls-Royces next to F-150 pick-up trucks. What would you think of such collection yourslef?

eclecticism

F-150s and RRs are both fine examples of their respective types

quick, name 6 classic Habanos formats

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you are an ass

you're right of course

but, you are an ass

name 6 classic cigar sizes

Describe the sunset over Malecon.

Your didactic /scholarly study of cigars does not lead to any results that would encourage me to follow you sir.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Was just given this pack:

DSC01046.jpg

Bulgarian cigarettes...hm.

Planning a smoke with Winston Smith, perhaps?
rimshot.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads