• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The smell good thread

coco2010

Reaction score
its almost summer in Canada so been wearing my fav warm weather scent: "Uomo" by Lorenzo Villoresi. also in rotation - terre d'hermes and kenzo "power".

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marc Jacobs
Cdg Odeur 53
Hermes Orange Verte

has anyone smelled the new Margiela unisex fragrance? I'm also looking for a new scent for summer. any recommendations will be appreciated
blush.gif

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't get enough of these two:
_6278054.jpg
_6278046.jpg
They literally last all day long and most of the time, I can still smell hints when I wake up in the morning. They're pricey but worth it. Tom Ford extreme is my every day, go-to fragrance however. Though it doesn't last as long as the ones above, it still averages at least a good majority of the day. (Also tried the grey vetiver of which I did not like. It seems to vanish within one hour on my skin and I can barely even pick up a single scent of it after that....Glad I tried only a sample first.)

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantom1
I never use parfyme. i only wear deo, i believe the body produces natural parfyme
smile.gif

Lemme guess, you're a dirty hippie? B.O. SMELLS HORRIBLE and is offensive to the people around you.

I can't stand people who enjoy smelling like dog ****. There was a kid I went to college with that stunk to high hell. He would claim that deodorant, cologne, antiperspirant were un-natural and that your body makes natural perfume.

ffffuuuu.gif

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed Aventus Creed Green Irish Tweed Eau de Cartier No experience with CdG stuff but would like to try them sometime soon. Scents change by the skin type (unless it's Aqua di Gio
ffffuuuu.gif
) so you gotta find what works for you.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Margiela Untitled: I eat oranges at a cigar bar.
CdG Sequoia: I am a ******* lumberjack.
Profumum Acqua di Sale: I am a ******* sailor.
Heeley Cardinal: Yes, I was a Catholic schoolboy.
Creed GIT: I prefer to smoke a pipe after sex.
Tauer L'air du desert marocain: Heeley Cardinal vacations in Morocco and learns to unwind a bit.

I've been wearing Margiela the most lately because it's a departure from everything else I've tried. Great staying power. GIT gets the most compliments but I'd wear Sequoia year-round if I could. Sequoia's my favorite out of the entire CdG line but I'll probably switch to Wonderwood when my bottle runs out for a change.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried L'Artisan Parfumier L'eau du Navigateur? Text description makes it sound like a collection of everything I like in the world but I don't have a way of getting a sample to check.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Has anyone tried L'Artisan Parfumier L'eau du Navigateur? Text description makes it sound like a collection of everything I like in the world but I don't have a way of getting a sample to check.

coffee liqueur, resins, woods and leather, niceeee.
I want to get Craft by Andrea Maack but no idea where to get a sample either

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads