• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the profoundly unofficial I Sarti Italiani thread

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure. If you line up an appt, you can get measured, and look over books of cloth - Salvo will almost assuredly have Loro Piana/Draper's/Solbiati , perhaps Cacciopoli, VBC. You can pick something, and discuss styling details - SB versus DB, etc.

You are then looking to line up another fitting or two - Salvo will likely be back in ~Oct. I would tend to think then next spring, on your second fitting you may be good to go, or, perhaps another dial-in will occur, and they can ship you your garment.

I am not sure bringing your own cloth makes a ton of sense unless you are looking for British mills. It isn't going to save you any real time in terms of time to delivery of your garment. I have brought my own cloth for most of my I Sarti stuff, but I am a weirdo who had already stocked some stuff up.

The price difference in bringing your own cloth is substantial.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first two commissions from I Sarti his weekend. Pictured below is a S/S Caccioppoli WSL blend with some ascot 4-ply trousers in taupe (I didn’t bother putting on suspenders for the fitting). The other order was a DWW summer tweed 3 patch pocket suit (forgot to request a snapshot of that one at the fitting).

CD6527E5-0537-4E3E-9F11-63F541EA1E70.jpeg

I opted for the signature roomier drape cut and spalla mappina extended shoulder effect. First thought was, these are super comfortable and had a room for movement. They were also remarkably lighter than my commissions from other makers. I’m sure part of this is the fact that the fabrics are 8/9oz, but I feel like part of it is also the Italian construction.

Over all very happy with the results after almost 3 years in the making thanks to the pandemic. Now to think about my next commission…

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sacafotos and I have an appointment at 2 on Thursday. Anyone here got the 1 or 3 slot? Wondering who else might be around that afternoon.

emptym

Reaction score
^Hope you all have a good time on Thurs. I just got back from my appt. Always a pleasure to see Peter and Salvo. Picked up the Yorkshire tweed and looked for a pant fabric that's made of wool or a wool blend but has the appearance of a light, heathered oatmeal color. I dream of something that looks like natural linen but performs like wool and is machine washable.

In any case, it'd be like this Drapers flannel below, but for summer:
IMG_3172.jpeg

I highly recommend this Drapers flannel, btw. Those are Salvo's above, but I have a pair that's over 10 yrs old, are super versatile, and have proven pretty durable.

Second thing I'm considering is a patterned summer jacket in a loud color, maybe one of these:
IMG_3169.jpeg

IMG_3168.jpeg

IMG_3171.jpeg

IMG_3167.jpeg

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@emptym

I suspect this Fox City is warmer than you are looking for:

Edit:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm usually in the area if you'd like to meet up after!
Cool! I see the forecast suggests that we might be in a bit a deluge on Thursday, so maybe not the best weather. I'll DM you.

^Hope you all have a good time on Thurs. I just got back from my appt. Always a pleasure to see Peter and Salvo. Picked up the Yorkshire tweed and looked for a pant fabric that's made of wool or a wool blend but has the appearance of a light, heathered oatmeal color. I dream of something that looks like natural linen but performs like wool and is machine washable.

In any case, it'd be like this Drapers flannel below, but for summer: View attachment 1901063
I highly recommend this Drapers flannel, btw. Those are Salvo's above, but I have a pair that's over 10 yrs old, are super versatile, and have proven pretty durable.

Second thing I'm considering is a patterned summer jacket in a loud color, maybe one of these:
View attachment 1901081
View attachment 1901069
View attachment 1901071
View attachment 1901061
If you find a summer oatmeal with wool attributes, let me know. I've been on the lookout for that as well. I did find this recently, which with the mohair content, might work. I'll probably order a sample from Harrisons.

Of the jacket samples, I'd go with 1 or 4.

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks, @circumspice and @Mr. Six. That Harrisons in particular looks great. If it's pretty opaque, it'd be perfect. 4 would be the safest and probably where I'd go. Would love to see it made up.

Here's a pic of the Yorkshire tweed I picked up.
IMG_3178.jpeg

Looks a little darker than irl. Peter took a pic at his place that I hope he'll post. It's definitely softer than W. Bill or even Breanish tweeds of about the same weight. With Salvo's soft, roomy construction it feels the most sweater-like of all the jackets I have.

Nilles

Reaction score
I'm visiting Palermo for a first order this August. Do people have suggestions for fabric bunches commonly carried, and is it common / possible to bring fabric for a first order?

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Nilles CMT is absolutely possible - 3/4 of my orders with Salvo have been CMT.

Salvo will have Zegna, Draper's books, perhaps Loro Piana and Solbiati. I don't seem to recall Cacciopoli. Nothing English

August may be a tricky month in Italy, however - are you sure they will be open? That is the month where a plan like "Spend 4 days in Palermo and have measurements and then a first fitting followup appt." may be completely unviable due to shipping delays on ordered fabric or labor availability

Nilles

Reaction score
@Nilles CMT is absolutely possible - 3/4 of my orders with Salvo have been CMT.

Salvo will have Zegna, Draper's books, perhaps Loro Piana and Solbiati. I don't seem to recall Cacciopoli. Nothing English

August may be a tricky month in Italy, however - are you sure they will be open? That is the month where a plan like "Spend 4 days in Palermo and have measurements and then a first fitting followup appt." may be completely unviable due to shipping delays on ordered fabric or labor availability
Thank you for the prompt reply!

I'm aware of the troubles associated with traveling in Italy in August and hoping to find open shops.
I had email contact with them for an appointment in early August and that seems to be fine. I was not planning on already being fitted during the same trip, though that would have probably been a better idea.
I'm passing by Calzoleria Carlino (Modena) for a shoe order before traveling down to Palermo for Sarti Italiani.
I hope to plan subsequent fittings for both shoes and suits during future trips, where I'll most likely stay in either Napoli or Rome. Calzoleria Carlino also does fittings from a distance though, so perhaps I'll only end up travelling to Palermo in the future.

Claudio of I Sarti Italiani quoted "at least 2 appointments" to me without specifying multiple fittings, so I am also unsure as to how they would plan this order. In my initial inquiry I asked them about traveling in Europe, distance orders and planning a trip. I'm assuming they seek to make the order process as accommodating as possible for me by stating a minimum of 2 appointments as opposed to more.

I also considered Sartoria Solito in Napoli for a jacket, but I have not yet heard from them. I'm also open to any other suggestions for good Italian tailors for jackets up to approx. 2500 euros.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads