• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Parenting Thread aka We're all MotherFuc*ers Here

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what do you all think about letting a 13 year old watch the Walking Dead? She says it is not too scary, but it is pretty f-ing brutal.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So... there's some really nice stuff at Janie&Jack that I want to get...but is there even a point in getting an infant/early toddler nice clothes? I feel like even toddler is pushing it
Lots of people like to get one or two nice outfits for pictures or for church/weddings/stuff like that (if the baby/kid is going). Kids are pretty hard on clothes though.

If you like the Janie & Jack aesthetic maybe take a look at Hope & Henry--very similar looks, lots of organic cotton, much lower prices.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what do you all think about letting a 13 year old watch the Walking Dead? She says it is not too scary, but it is pretty f-ing brutal.

when i started showing my kiddo movies ( he was young maybe 5 ) i told him this shaggy dog story about a couple of buddies who have an idea to make a scary movie b/c people love scary movies and you can make a million dollars with the right scary movie .

anyways in this story the movie they come up with is called People Sandwich and it's about the dead coming back to life etc and eating the living . a zombie movie . it was a way to tell him that all the stuff you see in movies is fake etc .

and he gets it too but where he has a really hard time is when movie monsters get hurt or killed he is usually rooting for them , he totally freaked out at the beginning of guardians of the galaxy 2 .

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife dropped our son off at college a couple of weeks ago, and as soon as she got home we headed off with some friends for several days of wakesurfing and jetskiing up at Lake Oroville. We just got home last night.
Well, that didn't last long. Our daughter and her husband have moved in with us while they study for the LSAT and prepare to apply for law schools. Not sure how long they'll be with us. We'll enjoy it while it lasts.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while they study for the LSAT and prepare to apply for law schools.
Do they want to get divorced? Because there are easier ways to do that.

Do them a favor and talk them out of making the worst decision of their lives. Law school was a lot of fun, but being a lawyer is decidedly not. And it sure as sh!t isn't worth 100k in student loan debt. Each.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do them a favor and talk them out of making the worst decision of their lives. Law school was a lot of fun, but being a lawyer is decidedly not. And it sure as sh!t isn't worth 100k in student loan debt. Each.
I've been practicing law for a long time and I still enjoy it very much. There are obvs lots of areas of law that suck, but I don't do those things. So we'll see what happens. It may be that they don't get into anywhere they'd want to go, and then that will be that.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've been practicing law for a long time and I still enjoy it very much. There are obvs lots of areas of law that suck, but I don't do those things. So we'll see what happens. It may be that they don't get into anywhere they'd want to go, and then that will be that.
Tell them to just get a CPA. Do big 4 accounting for like 10 years and make senior manager. Leave and go work in industry making decent money while doing nothing but posting on SF and options trading all day

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been practicing law for a long time and I still enjoy it very much. There are obvs lots of areas of law that suck, but I don't do those things.
My wife and I met in law school and like you, she enjoys the practice. I feel like the economic analysis has changed- law school is more expensive, lawyers get paid less, the market is oversaturated- such that it just isn't as good a career choice as it was 20, even 10, years ago.

But then, I'm a bitter old pessimist, so it's probably best to ignore my opinions.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My son in law actually jumped on the LSAT train just a couple of weeks ago, right before the prep class started. So I'm not sure how committed he is to law school, especially because he has an excellent job already and works 100 percent from home. To me, that seems like the perfect setup for my daughter to go to school and him to support them while she does, if she does.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fu*k ya! Not only are they bad a$$, but they are an important foundation of Western culture.
Good. That's good to hear, because yeah, they are very ancient tales and also there will be cultural references to those tales during their lives which will be important to understand.

tweedlover

Reaction score

Nearly 40 years ago took the LSAT, applied to several law schools and was accepted. Then backed out. Only thing I wanted to practice was environmental law. Yeah, always been a bleeding heart liberal.Now am happily retired and decided I really never wanted to work anyway.:D

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At 19 months the exploratory phase of our kid has reached to point where we’re going to set boundaries. He won’t be allowed to open every door nor play with everything any more, it was fun while it lasted.

The bill has risen quite steeply these last two weeks😅

IMG_4418.jpeg

Needless to say that this one is going on holiday to Switzerland for the next two-three months…

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads