• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Don't rain on my parade. You're going to make me cry. And now you're going to out pinot me?

frown.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
It's ball busting. Of course it had to be the last one in the entire store. I'll give you the scoop, but I'll dish some jealous cruelty your way. I'm planning to see what else they have on shelf, the invetory system seems rather archaic with its updates.

but I will out pinot you. Not out of spite, but out of sheer enjoyment.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
This thread needs more Bordeaux chat. What say we pick up some readily available Cru Bourgeois Medocs and discuss/compare?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This thread needs more Bordeaux chat. What say we pick up some readily available Cru Bourgeois Medocs and discuss/compare?

My next major bottle shall be from your recommendations of an aged, classic Napa Cab.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

in. I don't know if I have pictures, but a few months ago I bought 2 or 3 of the second labels from some of the really solid Bordeaux producers. Excellent values that are too often overlooked.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Well, a Cru Bourgeois Medoc would not be my (or anyone's) idea of a major bottle. I am thinking of something topping out at around $25 and an early maturer (by Bordeaux standards).

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
for that price range, I'm used to the lower-end right bank wines as the Merlot tends to be a little softer when young. This is not entirely by choice, but rather by availability for the stores I frequent. I wonder if Zachy's would have any from the '03-'06 vintages, the slight maturity could be nice.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Originally Posted by gomestar
in. I don't know if I have pictures, but a few months ago I bought 2 or 3 of the second labels from some of the really solid Bordeaux producers. Excellent values that are too often overlooked.

Well, a Cru Bourgeois Medoc would not be my (or anyone's) idea of a major bottle. I am thinking of something topping out at around $25 and an early maturer (by Bordeaux standards).

for that price range, I'm used to the lower-end right bank wines as the Merlot tends to be a little softer when young. This is not entirely by choice, but rather by availability for the stores I frequent. I wonder if Zachy's would have any from the '03-'06 vintages, the slight maturity could be nice.

I would have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to that conversation, but I'd love to listen in and if you boys want to post names I'm happy to buy a bottle or two to try with you based on your recommendations. Like a book club, only with wines. I'm in...for the tasting and learning, not necessarily for contributing anything.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Right bank, but I've had good stuff from this producer in the past.

Also, a 375, but not a bad idea for the second wine of a pretty serious producer

SWEET!

I just called and they said I bought the last ones.

(You had to know that was coming).

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
I would have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to that conversation, but I'd love to listen in and if you boys want to post names I'm happy to buy gomestar a bottle or two to try with you based on your recommendations. Like a book club, only with wines. I'm in...for the tasting and learning, not necessarily for contributing anything.

good idea made better. The tasting idea has been passed around a few times, we'll figure out some options.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Gome, that is the second wine of La Mission Haut Brion, one of the biggest Big Dogs of Bordeaux and a virtual, might-as-well-be first growth. I am thinking we should be a bit less ... ambitious with this experiment for the time being.

Potensac, de Pez, Sociando-Mallet, Tour Haut-Caussan, Meyney, and the like.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Ack! Triple! Fix this forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads