• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardthefirst

Reaction score
Hey folks, here's some recent finds:

Our Legacy loose weave madras N/A

BB seersucker

Oscar Jacobson (nice Swedish brand, better than Eton imo)

Eton N/A (actually found two, one for me and one for my mannequin)

Boomerang OCBD N/A (another Swedish brand, usually don't bother with them but I liked this shirt)

Hackett London

Boggi Milano

Boss in a nice Cerruti cashmere blend

Club Monaco cotton/linen

Canali

Adrian Hammond poly/viscose/elastane blend! (popular among the young folks here)

Boomerang cotton

Canali

Boss

Boss

Boss

Pierre Cardin

Tiger of Sweden

NWT Filippa K cotton/merino v-neck. They had a bunch of sizes left, willing to proxy if anyone's interested.

Bexley oxfords N/A. In not too great shape, but my size + I they're still the nicest pair of shoes I've ever found
confused.gif

Max Mara womens camel hair blazer. Might have posted this one already, found it some week ago.

YSL x 2. Seems legit to me but I'm not too familiar with them.

E-thrifted this Zegna for cheap. It's a fake right? No logo on tip, no tag on short end.

Also, shout out to @OliT for some nice shirts, they fit perfectly!
The YSL ties are real, and the Zegna could just be really old, but the lack of a content tag is suspicious... Nice finds!

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to that interview this morning for the clothing resale store job. I did well, but I doubt I'll get it since they made it pretty clear that they want someone who's going to stick around for a while, and I kind of need to find a teaching job. Oh well.

My girlfriend found a grail (for her) this weekend. I'm assuming it's real.

My two measly finds compared to hers. At least they will see a lot of wear. Homespun is pretty cool to find at a thrift though. Feels new.

loveswatching

Reaction score
Picked these items up yesterday. Wasn't sure about the AE so almost put them back

Cherry popped. Almost new shell

Mani tuxedo, Robert Graham and to boot new York

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked these items up yesterday. Wasn't sure about the AE so almost put them back

Cherry popped. Almost new shell

Mani tuxedo, Robert Graham and to boot new York

Well, if you have any doubt about the AEs and they are 11E, I'm sure I could help take them off your hands. :)

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Saturday was a good day. Anyone wanna fill me in on how old these two guys are? Both are available if anyone is interested. Figured I would share no matter what.

Brioni One Button, Dual Vent, Triple Patch Pocket Glen Plaid SC.
Labeled a 46.
Some damage to the lining, including a tear around the collar, and a couple places on the interior where the pockets are blowing out, and near one side of the vents. It's also missing a cuff button, but I couldn't leave it. Does anyone have an extra cuff button floating around for this guy, or know where I could get one?

And from the same donor:
A nice deep Burgundy Corneliani dual vent, two button sc. Also labeled 46

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saturday was a good day. Anyone wanna fill me in on how old these two guys are? Both are available if anyone is interested. Figured I would share no matter what. Brioni One Button, Dual Vent, Triple Patch Pocket Glen Plaid SC. Labeled a 46. Some damage to the lining, including a tear around the collar, and a couple places on the interior where the pockets are blowing out, and near one side of the vents. It's also missing a cuff button, but I couldn't leave it. Does anyone have an extra cuff button floating around for this guy, or know where I could get one?
And from the same donor: A nice deep Burgundy Corneliani dual vent, two button sc. Also labeled 46
No idea on the age but nice finds. That **** is oldddddd

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't been thrifting for awhile but today was 50% off at Value village/Savers for card members, so who could resist?

Picked up a Boss POW check suit (Jam/Sharp) for myself. The cut is flattering to me and the suit fits me to a T, so perfect.

Also picked up a ton of records. Unfortunately they weren't on sale. Two of note pictured here. a first pressing on Verve of an early-60s Stan Getz album and a rare 1st pressing of Paranoid by Black Sabbath. The Sabbath one was $1.99.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know some folks on this thread deal in vintage furniture, so maybe you can help me out. I grabbed these two Keilhauer Celia chairs from outside my building, partially because I need some chairs like this, and partially because I thought they might be valuable. It looks like they go for anywhere from $700-$1400 new, but I don't see them for sale used anywhere. Any of you know if there's a market for them? The upholstery is torn on one of them, and a bit worn on both, but I think they'll clean up well anyway.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this shop front in Portland this afternoon. @barrelntrigger would dig The Flathead Company letterman style jacket in the window...

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK. So while not technically a thrift fit (nothing is thrifted), its my brag for today.

As you young guys get older, one of the interesting things that happens is that the things that you're most happy about are happening to other people, not actually to you.

My daughter graduated with her Masters from University of NC in Chapel Hill today. A bit delayed by having 2 babies while in grad school, but finished. I'm happy for her.

I bought the suit new before I ever visited a thrift store or started reading style forum for fit and other things. It's a Loro Piana Cotton blend. The shirt is a CEGO M2M. shoes, unshown, are AE Shreveport predecessors in walnut with matching AE belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads