• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help on getting super wrinkled and crinkled areas out of ties. That hermes I found earlier in the week, will be ready to shoot soon!

Using a towel, some light pressure, and steam really did the trick. You cannot even tell there was an issue to begin with!
fistbump.gif

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found a few things today.
Wool Drakes tie Bespoke Turnbull Asser gingham check shirt And RL selvedge Passed them off to @GMMcL (hope he posts pics) whom I met IRL today Nice dude!
Right back at you. Straight up, stand up guy. -- I spent an obscene amount of money today. OBSCENE. Most of it well above thrift prices but still substantially less than retail. Selling all this stuff, and the stuff from my closet I will have to pay for the stuff I'm keeping, could take me months (or, in Spoo/Wes years: 1 week). This is all I have energy for right now. I know I owe many of you PMs, some of you money, and others items. All shall be forthcoming. But not tonight -- I'm exhausted and have another 7am call.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Right back at you. Straight up, stand up guy. -- I spent an obscene amount of money today. OBSCENE. Most of it well above thrift prices but still substantially less than retail. Selling all this stuff, and the stuff from my closet I will have to pay for the stuff I'm keeping, could take me months (or, in Spoo/Wes years: 1 week). This is all I have energy for right now. I know I owe many of you PMs, some of you money, and others items. All shall be forthcoming. But not tonight -- I'm exhausted and have another 7am call.
COT. DAMN. :slayer:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Definitely my best SF-approved find of the day and undoubtedly the only one, as the rest is all cycling and outdoors stuff!

Gant Rugger Madras in my size:

And then I spilled my coffee on it... Hopefully I acted quick enough with my water bottle to keep the stains out. I was leaning out the window of my car at a stoplight trying to soak it. And listening to bluegrass on the radio. I'm sure it was quite the spectacle!

DeadBoy

Reaction score
NWOT unhemmed Zegna pants. Spent over an hour looking for the jacket (they were tagged as part of a suit) and then remembered the discussion about employees hiding one shoe to buy it themselves. Bought the pants just to eff with them if that was the case...

99% sure fake. I got a fake EZ suit on the bay a while back that resembled that. Given the vintage it appears to be, not sure pinstriped pants that old would have been a good kop even if real.

If you are more interested check out sites like backcountry.com, REI, Cool store in Montreal is http://www.mec.ca/Main/home.jsp, since you are Canadian IIRC

Also a cool store in Toronto...

So... apart from that, what are the shoes? Dibs anything good in 11.5-12D.

Oh hey, here's a semi thrift fit (damn I need a better setup):

Blazer - Local designer, custom
Shirt- RLPL, clearance 80% off
Pants - Superdry, thrift
Boots - Guidi, B&S
Ring - Werkstatt Munchen, gift from fiancee

sansimeon

Reaction score
That label is way off and definitely fake but the waistband text font and everything look legit. Really odd......

99% sure fake. I got a fake EZ suit on the bay a while back that resembled that. Given the vintage it appears to be, not sure pinstriped pants that old would have been a good kop even if real.

Thanks a lot guys!

Would normally never pick up orphan pinstripe pants but was somewhat blinded with frustration after spending way to much time looking for the jacket. Figured I would go back to look for it but now I won't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads