• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Barrel, that is the most cheap thrifting available. well done. (IF YOU CAN FINISH IT) hahaha!
bet you a pair of jeans...........

Also, i may have grabbed THE most epic ugly dog picture sweater evarrrr!!!!!

100% the softest cashmere i have handled. =

- C'mon pnut. not everybody catches on fast. at least he's trying.
-Snoogz , you can do it man. like gmmcl said. work it out.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Barrel, that is the most cheap thrifting available. well done. (IF YOU CAN FINISH IT) hahaha!
bet you a pair of jeans...........

Also, i may have grabbed THE most epic ugly dog picture sweater evarrrr!!!!!

100% the softest cashmere i have handled. =

- C'mon pnut. not everybody catches on fast. at least he's trying.
-Snoogz , you can do it man. like gmmcl said. work it out.
Holy ****! What is this? It's pretty badass! I've just beat the Mad Hatter! It's hella sick!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

BootsCanada

Reaction score
Snoogz: Please read this carefully. It is meant to help you. You struggling with cigarette addiction is not unusual, alot of us (myself included). However, the pacing and restless nights are really a sign of anxiety. SO I'm going to ask you a few questions (there ones for you to think about, don't reply here). Anytime human being doing something we have to get a *benefit* from it. What is the benefit to smoking. There are an array of reasons people say. "It calms me down", "I enjoy it", etc.etc.etc. Some people become programmed to smoke. Whooooooooooooooah programmed? yes programmed. It becomes part of a behavioral pattern. They smoke after they get up, smoke after a meal, smoke with coffee, smoke after something stressful, smoke after sex...the list goes on and on. There was a bunch of programming done in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's. Cigarettes were advertised everywhere. Indeed you were even allowed to smoke in the office. Reaching a climax of estimate 60 - 70% of people smoked. Cigarettes are MORE addictive than cocaine. Now here's some hard fast facts for you. It takes SEVEN (7) seconds for the stone from a cigarette once inhaled to hit your brain. SEVEN SECONDS! It takes TWO (2) cigarettes for you to become fully addicted. ONLY TWO. I **** you not. Depending upon your age and personal up bringing there are a whole host of reasons why your smoking. The fact that there is sooo much anxiety tells me there is a part of you that doesn't want to. There is an internal fight if you will going on. Resolve that fight, resolve the programming, and quitting cigarettes become a walk in the park. And I say that for the following reasons: 1: Did you know the stone from the cigarette has a half life of 7 minutes. Which means. 7 minutes after your last puff the nicotine level in your system is already at 50% of what it was while smoking. The withdrawel naws at you until you light up again, increasing in intensity. 2: If it was simply a physical addiction then the first 48 - 72 hours would be hell, as the drug leaves your body, by the 4th day, there it is 95% out of your body. SO...with 95% of the physical chemical dependency gone, why then would you crave it. It must be something in the mind. So resolve it. You might consider utilizing champix (prescription), i have been successful once with it. Champix functions by creating a neuro-recepter blocker in your brain, so you don't get the stone of the cigarette. Also if it is used a coping mechanism for a stressful situation. IF you consider it as a de-stressing mechanism, understand the cigarette doesn't actually change the variables of the stressful situation. It doesn't have the power to do that. The only thing cigarettes do is take away the withdrawal symptoms from the last puff, which provides a false illusion of de-stressing. Since on one side it did de-stress the situation about the withdrawal, but it didn't de-stress the actual event on hand that was stressful. So perhaps discover another de-stressing coping mechanism and adopt that. You do have the power within you to quit. It is simply a matter of resolving the variables around it, in your mind.

Best wishes on your journey friend.

Boots.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Couple things, some are older that I forgot to post. All avails cept the last one. My E-thrifted EGs are starting to shine up! Working on em little by little.
\ Uptown Dandy/Dan Flores could fill you in on that model.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****! What is this? It's pretty badass! I've just beat the Mad Hatter! It's hella sick!

Super nice quality, like new. but no brand labels on it at all. just a 100% cashmere label only. maybe wear it with a scarf for the challenge thread.
lol8[1].gif

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some decent finds today.

White label promo. Appears unplayed.

http://www.popsike.com/Evie-SandsI-Cant-Let-GoBlue-Cat-Promo-45/290135652319.html

Nipple test? Unbutton your shirt and slide the disc in question in and diagonally across the left nipple. If you hear "Paul is dead..." as it moves across the skin, it's unplayed. Otherwise, nope.

Cuz otherwise... The "Possibly Unplayed"/Vinyl Record Spindle Trail Myth

I have no idea about this kind of thing, really. I just wanted to say "Nipple test?" :satisfied:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One ladt thing about smoking: if you are going to quit, you gotta change your mindset. I read a book called Easyway to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. Did the trick. I always keep an eye out for it whilst thrifting and have found a couple of copies to pass along. It works.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Nataku, Randomore-keep the record digging coming. As well as you other members posting your finds.

DM7-just keep doing you :fistbump:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W
Snoogz: Please read this carefully. It is meant to help you. You struggling with cigarette addiction is not unusual, alot of us (myself included).  However, the pacing and restless nights are really a sign of anxiety.  SO I'm going to ask you a few questions (there ones for you to think about, don't reply here).  Anytime human being doing something we have to get a *benefit* from it.  What is the benefit to smoking. There are an array of reasons people say. "It calms me down", "I enjoy it", etc.etc.etc.  Some people become programmed to smoke. Whooooooooooooooah programmed? yes programmed. It becomes part of a behavioral pattern. They smoke after they get up, smoke after a meal, smoke with coffee, smoke after something stressful, smoke after sex...the list goes on and on. There was a bunch of programming done in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's. Cigarettes were advertised everywhere. Indeed you were even allowed to smoke in the office. Reaching a climax of estimate 60 - 70% of people smoked.  Cigarettes are MORE addictive than cocaine. Now here's some hard fast facts for you. It takes SEVEN (7) seconds for the stone from a cigarette once inhaled to hit your brain. SEVEN SECONDS! It takes TWO (2) cigarettes for you to become fully addicted. ONLY TWO.  I **** you not.  Depending upon your age and personal up bringing there are a whole host of reasons why your smoking. The fact that there is sooo much anxiety tells me there is a part of you that doesn't want to. There is an internal fight if you will going on. Resolve that fight, resolve the programming, and quitting cigarettes become a walk in the park.  And I say that for the following reasons: 1: Did you know the stone from the cigarette has a half life of 7 minutes. Which means. 7 minutes after your last puff the nicotine level in your system is already at 50% of what it was while smoking. The withdrawel naws at you until you light up again, increasing in intensity. 2: If it was simply a physical addiction then the first 48 - 72 hours would be hell, as the drug leaves your body, by the 4th day, there it is 95% out of your body. SO...with 95% of the physical chemical dependency gone, why then would you crave it.  It must be something in the mind. So resolve it. You might consider utilizing champix (prescription), i have been successful once with it.  Champix functions by creating a neuro-recepter blocker in your brain, so you don't get the stone of the cigarette. Also if it is used a coping mechanism for a stressful situation.  IF you consider it as a de-stressing mechanism, understand the cigarette doesn't actually change the variables of the stressful situation.  It doesn't have the power to do that. The only thing cigarettes do is take away the withdrawal symptoms from the last puff, which provides a false illusion of de-stressing. Since on one side it did de-stress the situation about the withdrawal, but it didn't de-stress the actual event on hand that was stressful. So perhaps discover another de-stressing coping mechanism  and adopt that.  You do have the power within you to quit.  It is simply a matter of resolving the variables around it, in your mind.

Best wishes on your journey friend.

Boots.
utthefukidonteven

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nipple test? Unbutton your shirt and slide the disc in question in and diagonally across the left nipple. If you hear "Paul is dead..." as it moves across the skin, it's unplayed. Otherwise, nope.

Cuz otherwise... The "Possibly Unplayed"/Vinyl Record Spindle Trail Myth

I have no idea about this kind of thing, really. I just wanted to say "Nipple test?" :satisfied:
Does this test work with lady nipps as well?

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the encouraging words! Certainly some food for thought.

I've noticed more consumption of food lately, which I cannot really afford...appearance wise.
I suppose anything is better than resorting to a cig again.

I've got some finds to post later! Including an old ass Harris Tweed, Normal Hilton Light Grey Flannel Suit, and a Donegal Tweed Suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads