• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Oh...and the brand Appreciation I promised earlier to all the selvedge sluts...
Sorry guys, it aint available...gotta pay rent...

Woah goddamn. That was from a thrift? Denim grail for sure.

Nearly had a heart attack in the middle of the store. Mind totally blown as to how this ends up sitting in a thrift store between a Tommy Hilfiger shirt and a Sean John shirt. Pristine. N/A.
Nicely done!

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a (probably small-scale) Korean tailor that used Zegna cloth. Any of the "Tessuto" or red labels that look like that simply mean that Zegna cloth was used...it's NOT a Zegna piece. It's just how Harris Tweed and Loro Piana allow their fabrics to be used by other brands, and have badges signifying that they are cloth only. 9 times out of 10 I'd leave it behind. Unless the construction and quality is amazing, or it's one of the very highly respected asian tailors (W.W. Chan, A Man Hing Cheong, Ascot Chang), it's probably not anything amazing (especially since it's Korea and not China/Hong Kong).

Ok, schooling needed. What should one make of this? (I did leave it behind.)

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nearly had a heart attack in the middle of the store.  Mind totally blown as to how this ends up sitting in a thrift store between a Tommy Hilfiger shirt and a Sean John shirt.  Pristine.  N/A.

i notice the clever postitioning of the shirt in the photo, to obscure the size tag which reads "meX-L" :revolve:

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone familiar with "Fay"? Got a made in italy winter coat.

Really nice stuff. Sold at Barneys. Price point for a wool 3/4 topcoat was $700-ish IIRC from several years back (last time I was at Barneys). Great find!

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nearly had a heart attack in the middle of the store.  Mind totally blown as to how this ends up sitting in a thrift store between a Tommy Hilfiger shirt and a Sean John shirt.  Pristine.  N/A.

Now that is pretty much right at the top of all possible shirt finds. Yes, how this ends up in a thrift in good condition I will never know. Accidental?
Awesome shirt find :nodding:

Mind, I am going to donate my NWOB Louis Vuitton shoes to Goodwill. Big size 13D and I have hit a brick wall trying to authenticate them. They available for free if anyone wants to take a punt although I will probably prefer to donate them and get a decent tax return.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
Understood now, and that does make sense of this apparent contradiction. Thanks, Andro!

It's a (probably small-scale) Korean tailor that used Zegna cloth. Any of the "Tessuto" or red labels that look like that simply mean that Zegna cloth was used...it's NOT a Zegna piece. It's just how Harris Tweed and Loro Piana allow their fabrics to be used by other brands, and have badges signifying that they are cloth only. 9 times out of 10 I'd leave it behind. Unless the construction and quality is amazing, or it's one of the very highly respected asian tailors (W.W. Chan, A Man Hing Cheong, Ascot Chang), it's probably not anything amazing (especially since it's Korea and not China/Hong Kong).

Quote:

Last edited:

Dingus

Reaction score
Speaking of branded cloth...I found these seemingly unworn Loro Piana "CashPima" Velvet (Cashmere & cotton) Lime Green Corduroys in a church basement thrift store. They have a split waistband are nicely lined with a variety of interior fabrics (even the hems are lined), have a small coin pocket, have suspender buttons, sized "34r" but nowhere is a brand label. I have Loro Piana branded cords, found in a GW, and these are totally dissimilar, more like the Incotex pants I've found. The thrift normally has LL Bean at the high end, but last week I found a beautiful Etro paisley tie for $1, so I kept looking, and now this.

Any help identifying them?

Only real label:

Hem folded back:

Pocket has an inspection sticker, any clue?

Split waistband

Flat front, coin pocket

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sweet Chipp - n/a
IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Also sweet PRL tweed suit - n/a
IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

Tradly BB blazer - available
IMG_1030.jpg

Chest: 44”
Sleeves: 23.5”(+1”)
Shoulders: 18”
Length: 28.5”

Two BB Irish linen shirt. Orange is short-sleeve, red/white is long-sleeve. available.
IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

Patagonia made in USA n/a
IMG_1042.jpg

Brioni easter shirt available - XL
IMG_1045.jpg

Porsche Design Martini theme. n/a
IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

Patagonia made in USA synchilla n/a
IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Main label for a while. The fill-in-the-blank label is a custom order, I believe. I've seen a outer label with the word "Bespoke" on it, but everything I've seen says that's just a MTM level. They also have that fill-in-the-blank inner label.
There is a white label that's only half-canvased, but it usually has "Ltd" on it.

+1

The white tag with the hand, thread, and needle that says "Customized" is their MTM line. I have a few jackets from that line. A few of them were full canvas. The bespoke line looks something like this. I passed on an orphan a few days ago with similar gold colored writings on a black tag.

Oh...and the brand Appreciation I promised earlier to all the selvedge sluts...
Sorry guys, it aint available...gotta pay rent...

Holy!!!!!!!!

Nearly had a heart attack in the middle of the store. Mind totally blown as to how this ends up sitting in a thrift store between a Tommy Hilfiger shirt and a Sean John shirt. Pristine. N/A.

That is a beautiful shirt. I'm still looking for my kitten...

Alfred001

Reaction score
Paul Stuart by Samuelsohn tweed. 38R. Excellent condition.

GMMcL, thanks, but I'm not a tweed guy :)

Also, I'm looking for something solid brown, no pattern.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Back from Japan. First day thrifting in two weeks. Seriously an addiction, I was having withdrawals. Today definitely fed the craving even though I found nothing. Oh well.
I only saw two thrift stores while in Japan and the two I saw were in the Chiba prefixture, so not near the big city area like Shinjuku where we were staying. Unfortunately I saw them from the train going 60+ MPH. No chance to stop. I did manage to find a consignment/resale shop to swing into, Nothing like the consignment shops here at all. Chock full of amazing stuff, many labels I've seen for the first time in person. No junk at all. Pictured is just a tiny sampling of what they had. Didn't have time to look too long as I was on the way to meet a old school friend and didn't want to be late so there was likely some insane stuff I didn't even see. Prices were up there but definitely cheaper than retail. A decent amount of NWT stuff too. Prices were about 70-80% of retail. Tiny sizes though, nothing came close to fitting me.
frown.gif
Women's section was about 1/2 of the men's section! So different than the US!
Not really a find, but I thought some of you may like to see what a consignment shop on the other side of the world has to offer. Thrift/discount related, but I will spoiler the photos. Click if you want to check them out.
smile.gif

Up to the 6th Floor...

Men's section

Some familiar names:

This was cool:

First time seeing these in person:

This was a suit. Super cool. Would rock it if it were my size,,,

and some more...

A few stores down was this:

and kiddy-corner from it was this:

worship.gif
Nat, I respect your ability to not walk into that store with $1,000 and leave with a wardrobe, as that's exactly what I would've done. I know that a Head Porter Plus jacket in Japanese medium would fit me, so I feel intense jealousy right now. Lad Musician suits, Number Nine (defunct label), and weird Gitman Bros. Vintage hooded shirt jacs? WTF....I need to be in Japan right now. That Edifice varsity in Harris Tweed...holy ****.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Anyone familiar with "Fay"? Got a made in italy winter coat.

Really nice stuff. Sold at Barneys. Price point for a wool 3/4 topcoat was $700-ish IIRC from several years back (last time I was at Barneys). Great find!

+1 on Fay being a high-end brand. I just tried a tweed jacket on at a local shop that sells Etro, Prada, Zegna, etc. I loved the jacket, might go back for it if it goes on sale, it was somewhere around €700-800.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads