• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D'oh. Guess this is what I get for quietly
bigstar[1].gif
myself everytime you guys have issues with the 'bay buyers. This is my first return - oh well.

If you held them in your own hands you could not possibly describe them as you did.
I as all ebayer's want the item as described. Please refund my money asap which I expect to include shipping.
David

- fraz32

What an ass. No shipping charge refund for a demanding donkey.
censored.gif

Oh a good note, today I went "shopping" for my niece and nephew whom recently graduated from high school. I was going to get them gift cards from the mall but decided to try my luck at a thrift adventure. Not a bad day. I passed on a bunch of BB and Ted Baker stuff. I got a pair of Versace vintage signature jeans for my nephew and a pair of Versace couture jeans for my niece.

I usually don't go through the jeans section. I'm glad I did today. I got a pair of Lucky Brand jeans (US made) and a pair of Diesel jeans (made in Italy) for myself. It's been awhile since I owned a pair of fitting jeans.

I need to hem about 2 inches off the Diesel.

This is pretty small...I think it should be flip worthy.

L&T M

Grabbed a bunch of hangers at 0.99 for 4.

Not bad for one store.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wizard Swears

Reaction score
I'm in a moral dilemma and I think some feedback from y'all would help me make my decision.
There is this amazing vtg Orvis Harris Tweed SC at my local 'will. It's my size and fits perfectly of the rack, but it has a few holes in the shoulder area.

WWSFD? (What would SFers Do?)

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

D'oh. Guess this is what I get for quietly
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif
myself everytime you guys have issues with the 'bay buyers.  This is my first return - oh well.
[SIZE=10pt]If you held them in your own hands you could not possibly describe them as you did.

I as all ebayer's want the item as described. Please refund my money asap which I expect to include shipping.

David
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][SIZE=10pt]- fraz32[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Your reply should be:

Hello David,

You made a gross assumption to think that I held the said item in my hands. I would advice that you seek immediate medical attention unless you want the Gonorrhea to develop into more serious symptoms.

Regards,
Samuel Smith

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The most awesomestest thing happened today! I hit up a thrift which I visited for the first time 2 weeks ago. When I walked in they told me they were having a Buy one get on 1/2 off sale. Great! I picked up a few SCs a Suit and 3 ties. My total was about $50. They gave me a punch card last time around, when ever you spend $5 you get a punch, after 10 punches you get to pick a day for 50% off everything in the store.

As I finished checking out, one of the ladies asked me "Do you always look for suits?"
"Yes" I said.
"Well, we have a whole lot in the basement that we have no room for, if you have time to look around"
"Sure, I've got time"
"Let me get a flashlight"
"
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
"

She left me alone in the basement for at least 35 minutes while I searched through 5 long racks of suits that no one else has even seen. I ended up with 2 Suits and 7 more SCs. When I came up to check out a second time, she gave me the BOGOHO discount then took 50% off since my card was full from my earlier transaction. On my way out she asked my name and said she would let me know if anything nice comes in.

I think I have a new favorite store.

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
There's one spot in town that always seems to have a decent tie or two for some reason. Usually it's just crap junk though. Today was not one of those days. I only wish they were running a 2 fer 1 sale today.
L-R: Talbott BOC NWT, Zegna, Zegna, Borrelli 5-fold, Kiton 5-fold, Kiton 5-fold (This is probably my new favorite tie!)
DSC03310.jpg

DSC03311.jpg

Also found what appears to be a new, or very lightly used, Zegna shirt but the label looked a little off to me. Is this just a more recent label? I'm pretty certain it's real as it has thick MOP buttons, but can anyone confirm the label? Size 16.5 and available if anyone wants it.
DSC03312.jpg

DSC03313.jpg

DSC03314.jpg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Awesome tie haul! Wow! :slayer:

That Zegna is the current label. Nice find! I found my first with that label style last week.

As I finished checking out, one of the ladies asked me "Do you always look for suits?"
"Yes" I said. 
"Well, we have a whole lot in the basement that we have no room for, if you have time to look around"
"Sure, I've got time"
"Let me get a flashlight"
"
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
"

I think I have a new favorite store.

It's all about the connections! :nodding:

rabbiluongo

Reaction score
For anyone in NYC interested, there are two mint condition Isaia shirts sitting in St. George's thrift shop for $22.50 each ($45 regularly but theyre having a half off thing now). My girlfriend had my wallet and I couldnt grab em myself, so i figure somebody should.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BOLO!
Something I meant to post a while ago but slipped my mind...a long-time friend of mine started a luxury purse line not too long ago, and sent out dozens and dozens of "review" pieces (fashion mags and for people to be seen & photographed with, more or less). I know a lot of times these freebies get donated or consigned, so anyone in a fashion-zone might keep an eye out for one, to give to their little lady. Here's her site. The name in purses is not well known yet, though you might recognize the family name if you're into gold & silver baubles or jewelry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads