• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's stampede time so I had to search for some cowboy shirts...found a etro button up, 2 zegna's(one linen which is nice cause it's hot here) and a brioni tie. Also scored some light brown moleskin pants nwt.

3 cowboy shirts but that is just minor.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in buying or trading? I picked up a NWT Bruli Shirt today
size 16/41.

Temujin

Reaction score
Found and left 2 items of interest that I am having second thoughts about: Alexandre Made in England suit, have not found anything definitive on quality here or on AAAC. Also a set of braces that had "Made in England" stamped on the adjusters. but no brand info. I don't wear braces due to a shoulder issue. They never line up correctly.

stayclassy

Reaction score
Finally went and tried out thrifting and was quite surprised at what i found. My Findings Christian Dior Tuxedo (just the jacket) if anyone has some matching pants please let me know! Some ok ties, one of them is a lower BB affiliate "brooks basics" The Blue one on the left im not really a fan of now, so if anyone is interested let me know Hardy Amies knit tie, willing to trade for a purple knit tie especially if stripped with some green!
dsc01944n.jpg
brown/tan houndstooth sport coat made by an albuquerque tailor AND NOW THE CATCH OF THE DAY! from left to right, Christian Dior,Christian Dior, Pierre Cardin, Hermes (7 fold), Brooks Brothers how much i paid Tux-$10 Sport coat-$5 The whole lot of ties - $20 Total- $35

stayclassy

Reaction score
i cant get the houndstooth jacket to size down but if you want to see it in its entirety, right click>then view in new window... sorry but its all i can think of to resolve the issue):
please PM me if you can help me with my tux situation, or want either of the ties i said i would be interested in getting rid of, as its hard to find things in this thread.

Still haven't found the loafers i need!

Trotsky1940

Reaction score
Hit the Goodwill on my usual run and found a vintage pair of brown wingtips from some store in Seattle that was custom made by Church's. Most likely 1950s... I never thought I would find Church's in this berg. Also found another vintage pair of wingtips in black from the long-defunct Stetson Shoe company of MA.

PoliticalGuy

Reaction score
I had been in a bit of a drought recently and came close a few times to picking up items I usually would pass on trying to break out, but reading this board reminded me that I should be patient. After getting released from jury duty early today I went to Goodwill to drop off a tv that's been taking up space and the good karma came my way immediately. Found a mint Hart, Schaffner & Marx navy blazer that fits like it was worn by my twin. I never thought this would happen, I'm a drop 9 or even 10 sometimes so at least some waste suppression is always needed. Next up, a Brooks Brothers 100% camel hair sport coat that is a tiny bit too big, but I think will work. If my tailor says no then my brother lucks out. It had pants with it that were the same check pattern, but on a smaller scale and different material. Previous owner apparently had tried to make it a suit. Finally, a LL Bean cotton canvas unlined blazer. Not the high end that I'm usually looking for, but it fits well and it's the perfect travel and summer into fall jacket. I passed on a Burberry navy blazer that fit well and was in great shape, but had too much padding in the shoulders for my liking. There were also 5 or 6 of Brooks suits in great shape, but all too big for me and I don't have time to flip these days.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Wow - how did I miss reading this? Awesome score! I'm no expert on furniture either, but that table looks beautiful. Can't wait to see pics of it!

Dropped it off at the furniture repair guy yesterday... found out two things about it: 1. It's mahogany, and 2. It dates from the late 30's to early 40's. Will take pics when I get it back in a few weeks!

Originally Posted by idfnl
Yo Jinda, if thats a 44 I'll buy it off you

It might be a 44.... $4,400!!!!
laugh.gif

Larson McCord

Reaction score
found a cool Canali tan pinstripe suit today in my size. A really short guy had it so I have to let ou the sleeves and I'm losing the cuffs (which I prefer) but a Canali suit for $55 after alterations is sweet. I've had the most trouble finding a tan suit by a decent maker in my searches.

Also found a beautiful charcoal Brooks Bros suit, the old style with the Brooks logo in the neck and no tags on the chest. Almost a flannel type wool. Fits perfectly but needs the pants let down at the cuff.

A Land's End royal blue with white polka dots and an awesome red and gold Talbot BOC tie each was $1.50

Temujin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsaltzma
Nice find. I really like Majer stuff. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of either of those if you get a chance.

Here are the pix of the Majer and H. Freeman & Sons. Also 4 ties:
Gold--BB Makers
Red--Bullock & Jones by CH=T&Asser (Thanks AlanC for that 3 1/2 year old post I found!)
Blue & Gold--Benjamin James
Black w/ Green--Ferrell Reed

http://img338.imageshack.us/g/shoes836.jpg/

EBTX66

Reaction score
Had a couple of good finds the last two days:

Polo wool dress slacks in an outrageously preppy shade of sky blue. I know I shouldn't of but it'll be a nice summer change of pace with a navy blazer - $2.49

Eduard Dressler (?) canvassed, side-vent, 3B suit with plain front pants - $1.99 for the coat, $3.99 (go figure) for the pants (which were hanging with the sportshirts).

Interesting but weird suit: it's a canvassed, 2B, side-vented, plain front pants suit from Victor International of Canada. It's an interesting hopsack/burlap-ish texture charcoal gray with a pronounced oatmeal colored bead stripe. Very retro looking. I didn't know Victor stuff could be canvassed. I found the pants hanging somewhere else and the inside waistband says "John Bartlett". I know he's doing made in China stuff for Claiborne and I thought the stuff for his NYC store was made in Italy. I wonder why the two items have different labels? - $9.99 total for the 2 pieces.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^List them in Buying & Selling. I have a pair of those (mine have an all leather heel), and they are just the perfect pebble grain longwings. Somebody should snatch those up.

PhilGreen

Reaction score
Just got back from a little vacation and decided to check out the local thrift after a 10 day absence and found (either sportcoat or suits):

2 oxxfords
2 HF
several dior
1 Zegna
several burberry
1 valentino
1 Armani
several BB
and much more..

Too bad no of it fit so i came home with a gator polo belt for $2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads