• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM-H

Reaction score
Is this a gant I'm looking for?

Beck

Reaction score
Thrift Fit:

Thrifted:
BB Vintage -3 roll 2 -3 piece suit
Ike Bahar shirt
BB makers Vintage tie
Unknown silk pocket square
Vintage longwing kind of shoes

Ebay:
Vintage hand painted cufflinks
Old school seiko 5 automatic

Wow nice thrift pic! Could you link me to the Ebay seller of those cufflinks? They are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
I want this. SA for $70. Opinions?

green_machine

Reaction score
Last edited:

csoukoulis

Reaction score

SHOUT OUT for hooking me up with kids sized clothing. Cant wait to rock these later in the year :fistbump: Grabbed these yesterday Billy Reid (discount store) for ebay Brooks Brothers Cord Jacket
What size is that billy Reid??!? Also snagged a nwt xl thom Browne for neiman Marcus/target jacket. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it. Not 100% sure how to wear it lol

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend in Tampa. I had a chance to do some thrifting between two epic bar nights with old friends. My gf was also away for the weekend up north and she found a Brioni suit, multiple oxxfords, paul stuarts, zegnas, PINKs, charles t, etc. Will post those monday night. Here is what I found in Tampa, most everything is unavailable as I am going to use these funds to basically pay for the vacation itself - oh, and thanks to Dolphin for refining my map of stores for me.

This is the Lauren (green) line, but it's a really nice tweed so I picked it up.

Still a little unsure on this brand, is this the good lanvin? Was only $4

fuggin' awesome cord sc in my size:

Faconnable Cords and BB Cords:

Zanella Unicorns and Loro Piana to boot:

Shell AE Richond 10B and Gucci loafers:

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****!!!!! I never even heard about this place. I just spent the last hour checking out their website......
happy.gif
drool.gif

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Since I haven't had time to take pics yet and they've got some up, this is what I got, a Lilac shetland sweater:

The color variation in the weave and quality are great.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Since I haven't had time to take pics yet and they've got some up, this is what I got, a Lilac shetland sweater: The color variation in the weave and quality are great.
grendel: I just bought the same sweater in medium gray. Was deciding between a J. Press shaggy dog and the O'Connells and went with the O'Connells, mainly because they aren't alpha-sized. It arrived a few days ago and is easily my favorite sweater now. I'm jealous of you visiting the store and hope to do the same someday.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aight boys, I'm now studying for the MCAT, training for a half marathon and have a new girlfriend, so to give all that the required attention I'm taking a hiatus from thrifting and SF starting tonight at midnight. In addition to that I finally cleaned out my "flip closet" and listed everything on eBay! I'll see you all in May. Four month recap when I return? Good luck hunting and everyone take care.

(If by chance anyone needs to PM me in the coming months I will respond.)

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This didn't really get the response I expected.....hmmm let me try again....

As far as the eye can see....

Silk Cords!

Super 160s Wool with leather pocket/waistband trim

All NWT? Are you attending the DM7 school of truck hijacking thrifting? Whatcha got in a 36 waist?
fing02[1].gif

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grendel: I just bought the same sweater in medium gray. Was deciding between a J. Press shaggy dog and the O'Connells and went with the O'Connells, mainly because they aren't alpha-sized. It arrived a few days ago and is easily my favorite sweater now. I'm jealous of you visiting the store and hope to do the same someday.

I did, and I'll definitely be going back. I got signed up for their snail-mail and email lists so I'll let people know when they're having sales. Next time I need to get over there earlier since I only had like 45 minutes before they were closing and they were putting things away. It's a dangerous place, though, 'cause I basically wanted one of everything. Did I mention that one whole wall was Aldens? No? Well, it was... Oh, and they had books of fabric for Samuelsohn MTO. Fabulous place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads