• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of swell recent finds joined together here: A made-in-England mannequin (it's adjustable to the point where it can be a boy or girl) shown here sporting an Oxxford blazer. Paid $20 for the mannequin at GW and would prefer not to say what I paid for the blazer, given that it is spoken for. Next up, figuring out a better lighting set-up. And never mind Bozo.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I found another orphan tonight. I shall call him Dirk.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dirk = Dirk Nowitzki = German = pre-wall fall German tailoring = West German clothing = early 1990's "West Germany" branded Hugo Boss SC.

CASE CLOSED.

I found another orphan tonight. I shall call him Dirk.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol, I'm not comfortable with a gun in the house, yet. A blade will do for now. Also, I don't like the idea of bullets going through walls and hitting my neighbors lol!

Randy

Reaction score
You Americans are craaaaazy.

LOL, not all of us. When I got married, my wife had a shotgun (single woman living alone was her excuse, although I suspect if the **** had truly hit the Vornado she'd have become her own victim). She committed to me that there would be no guns in our house, so we sold it and put in an alarm system.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Dirk = Dirk Nowitzki = German = pre-wall fall German tailoring = West German clothing = early 1990's "West Germany" branded Hugo Boss SC.
CASE CLOSED. 

Is that so? :eh:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
The two GW shops I visited today both played Keane and Don Henley (though different tracks) while I was there. A nice change from the usual Gin Blossoms and Collective Soul. That said I'll take the latter over the religious music some shops play.

A tip of the hat to Brianpore for letting me have sloppy seconds on the shop he hit up earlier. The racks were definitely still smoking in his wake. Finally taking pics of stuff from the past few weeks, hope to get them up tonight.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds suspiciously German. Look for a Hugo Boss content tag.

PRL for myself, Zegna, Dirk

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You Americans are craaaaazy.

LOL Not really, I live near a neighborhood that's not too great. There are walkways all around where I live. There were a few break ins around here. Also, one of my neighbor came home with someone in his bed room. They jumped out the window finally. I had more knife training than gun training. That's why I keep blades in my bedroom. I hope my training will kick in if **** happens. Fingers crossed!
uhoh.gif

LOL, not all of us. When I got married, my wife had a shotgun (single woman living alone was her excuse, although I suspect if the **** had truly hit the Vornado she'd have become her own victim). She committed to me that there would be no guns in our house, so we sold it and put in an alarm system.

Yeah, good idea. I think in order to use weapons successfully in a self defense situation, you have to have constant training with them. I'm planning to get a finger print scan lock box for my gun when I do get one.

Antwerp? Then again...what do I know about diamonds.

Snatch some stones. Break some bones! Love it! Watched it at least 6 times.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you are talking about...

From my limited knowledge Astor and Black were both old school Savile Row master tailors. Astor & Black is an internet made to measure suit company that took those Tailor's names. It has been gaining lots of attention in the media ie. GQ. I actually considered them when I was in my "internet MTM suit" phase and did tons of readings on multiple MTM companies on the likes of Indochino, Thick as Thieves, and blah blah blah.

http://www.astorandblack.com/

However, when doing a SF search on Astor & Black, you will find lots of people who are dissatisfied with Astor & Black's products, and/or services.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/40508/a-visit-to-astor-black/0_100

This is a must read. A rep from Astor & Black was supposedly fired for his comments made on SF.

It this were true, I feel sorry for the guy but the drama on that thread was like
lol8[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
facepalm.gif
bounce2.gif

Hence, the joke I made earlier hoping that is a tie made by Astor and Black of Savile Row and not of the Astor & Black brand.

Oh yeah, JP needs a gat since he's gonna be a divorce lawyer! hahaha, JK JK.
fing02[1].gif

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A couple of swell recent finds joined together here: A made-in-England mannequin (it's adjustable to the point where it can be a boy or girl) shown here sporting an Oxxford blazer. Paid $20 for the mannequin at GW and would prefer not to say what I paid for the blazer, given that it is spoken for. Next up, figuring out a better lighting set-up. And never mind Bozo.

I hope you only paid about a buck and a half for the jacket. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads