• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread was so hard to keep up with while I was in LA...so much so that I didn't :(

But hi guys!

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of finds from awhile back that I haven't shared due to moving and all, but I found this today in my first Goodwill stop in ages. Pretty major rare grail find for me, and staying so hard in my closet it'll make your head spin!

2012-07-03_19-17-34_360.jpg

2012-07-03_19-18-24_346.jpg

I have not read anything since page 394 (in 100-post view) so I have no idea what the current topic of conversation is, but I trust this will be relevant. ;)

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my best thrift find, a Brooks Brothers suede jacket. It was a bit more than regular thrift prices, but I should be able to double my investment at least (available). It's made in China but well made and seems unworn. I'd probably keep it if it fit me, but it fits more like a 44. 

I am glad to see that you picked that one up....I saw it and thought it was a really nice piece. Did you see the Harris Tweed overcoat they also had or was that gone by now?

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet tie, is that an airplane logo I see there?

Nashville

Reaction score
you guys have found some great stuff lately. im jealous :embar:

Last edited:

Nashville

Reaction score

Has anyone in the ATL area shopped at the North Georgia Premium Outlets in Dawsonville?  Their holiday sale runs through tomorrow and wondering if it's worth making the trip considering it's about 90 minutes one-way, and keeping in mind most of what I purchased would be with the intent to flip - assuming any amazing bargains are to be had.  Only thing I need for myself are a couple pairs of Adidas Samba's and no reason to go that far for them.  I've never been impressed with outlet mall prices but perhaps this place is better, and / or it's worth going when there's a sale.  Grazie.

YES! you will love it, i shop there quite often

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a lot of finds from awhile back that I haven't shared due to moving and all, but I found this today in my first Goodwill stop in ages. Pretty major rare grail find for me, and staying so hard in my closet it'll make your head spin!
have not read anything since page 394 (in 100-post view) so I have no idea what the current topic of conversation is, but I trust this will be relevant. ;)

I found one once at a Will that routinely prices things waaaay up. But it had slipped the net. And was cheeeeap. But I wasn't a fan of the jet logo and needed the cash. Easy flip for a massive profit. Early taste of the candy. Wish I could find one without the jet.
Edit: I should add: that's an awesome tie and an awesome find. I founf mine before I knew exactly what LP was, but knew instantly it was awesome. I was really conflicted about parting with it but, in the end, the need for cashish won. Congrats, wgp.

Last edited:

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Haul from today minus SC/Suits of which there are a lot, most recent label HF among them, and I think? more recent custom clothes label with black background, BP?
Shoes The Effingham Limited by Bond boot Co. Womens 7.5 ( if your girl does dressage or someshit, these are the whip, they go for good money on ebay and these are like new). BB MiI shoes first BB shoes i've found so i grabbed them. 10.5 b/d, Edwin Clapp shoes 9 AA/B (never seen these before, but they look like sharkskin on the vamps all the way back, are almost NOS condition, and everything on Ebay is $$$$$ labeled hand welted on the bottom).
SHIRTS: all LtoR or top to bottom.
TA 15.5, RT 17.5/37, Peter Milar XL Short sleeve, HF Collection L, RT 17.5/35
Ascot Chang pink and purple herringbone, all are 18/35 (possibly longer as I haven't measured) double button down collar? super nice fabric, and MOP so phat I licked them alllll. AC black and grey microcheck/dots, BB L but seems more like XL V neck T-shirt w/ blue logo, RT Carmel XL colorful stripe SS,
Jhane Barnes M Black w/ stripes, Eton basic blue 15/34 (? on some of these im going with shop measurements which are generally close but not gospel), Fcuk Formal L, RT Monterey plaid XL,
Jhane Barnes L, BB makers 16/33, AC same as others but better pic in this one,

PANTS: Top to Bottom (I know this is a lot, but you should be able to get the idea... they're pants and as such are very pantlike.
Unicorn 40/31 Rust/mid brown, Patagonia FF cotton 31/32, Bills FF 32, BB MiI 2x pleat (one of my brothers first pics, told him to bring me BB and MiI stuff so I coulnd't say no to these...) Bills FF 34x looong, FF Probable HF/Oxxford (has obvious yellow stitching and leather in waist, but has HF on the metal hardware ~35, Zegna size 54 Euro 2xpleat cotton pants, HF Recent w/ gold label (see spoiler) DP 40, Bills 31 2x reverse pleat, Bills 40 FF, Zegna 36 CARGO ******* PANTS, Unicorn 34, vestimenta single pleat 34.
Recency/ significance of this? And WTF is this?

ID this maker please, label thread is no help, but this looks vaguely familiar.
First Foray Into Art Harold Altman Sailboats 240/285 Signed. Can anyone tell me anything about this, and help w/ valuation? I've done my best and have surmised its probably worth between 300-3000 lol, im happy with either, but would much prefer the latter or close to it.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw that there was some talk about this a while ago. I just sold a pair of shoes, and I looked up the address because I was curious. It's a mail forwarding service. If I ship it there and they sign for the shoes and forward the package, the buyer is pretty much SOL against claims at that point or am I actually opening myself up to more potential trouble?

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You should be able to get around a grand for that Altman,nice find.but art is a really hard sell.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PANTS: Top to Bottom (I know this is a lot, but you should be able to get the idea... they're pants and as such are very pantlike.
Unicorn 40/31 Rust/mid brown, Patagonia FF cotton 31/32, Bills FF 32, BB MiI 2x pleat (one of my brothers first pics, told him to bring me BB and MiI stuff so I coulnd't say no to these...) Bills FF 34x looong, FF Probable HF/Oxxford (has obvious yellow stitching and leather in waist, but has HF on the metal hardware ~35, Zegna size 54 Euro 2xpleat cotton pants, HF Recent w/ gold label (see spoiler) DP 40, Bills 31 2x reverse pleat, Bills 40 FF, Zegna 36 CARGO ******* PANTS, Unicorn 34, vestimenta single pleat 34.

I believe the "HF" on the metal hardware actually refers to the maker of the hardware, not Hickey Freeman.

Nice find on the art!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads