• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Brioni sport jacket today. This one in a very nice olive glen plaid with red and blue highlights- $15. I'm very pleased. I almost passed over it as I was moving quickly through the sport jackets and I initially mistook the polo player on the lining for the golfer motif on Bobby Jones linings (I had just passed a Bobby Jones jacket). But I stopped myself to take a closer look and sure enough ... Brioni. A near perfect fit as well, save for the sleeves. To that point I had been moving very quickly. But upon finding the Brioni I paid more attention thinking that there might be more from the same donor. Didn't find anymore Brioni, but did find an Oxxford sport jacket marked in the same size. Another glen plaid, but with faint blue and yellow highlights. For some reason the Brioni fits me but the Oxxford is a little large. After that the Seize sur Vingt, Rubinacci, and Corneliani shirts- each $5, RLPL black cords -$5, and Pringle of Scotland sport jacket -$7, were all gravy.
smile.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 83glt
But upon finding the Brioni I paid more attention thinking that there might be more from the same donor.

I see I'm not the only one who does this! As soon as I hit on something nice, I'll go a lot slower, and even backtrack a few items to make sure there wasn't something from the same donor...

Found a Banana Republic shirt and a Polo shirt and a Nordstrom's shirt... nothing spectacular. And prices seem to be going up! All dress shirts are now $6.99! Is this true around the country/world? It seems like yesterday that dress shirts were $4.99...
plain.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice finds 83glt!!
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
I see I'm not the only one who does this! As soon as I hit on something nice, I'll go a lot slower, and even backtrack a few items to make sure there wasn't something from the same donor... And prices seem to be going up! All dress shirts are now $6.99! Is this true around the country/world? It seems like yesterday that dress shirts were $4.99...
plain.gif

+1. I did this at the Goodwill where I found the Brioni shirts. Sure enough I found another. I need to go back and see if anything else was put out after I left/the next day. As for prices, it seems like only a few years ago shirts around here were $2, pants were $4 and suits were $8. The only people around were older folks buying crocheting stuff and kitchen oddities. Just the other day I saw an Apt 9 blazer (for those who may not know of this brand, it's a cheap Kohls label that's quite plentiful around here) for $40! What the hell....this thing probably retailed at $40 in the store! What a joke. Don't even get me started on leather stuff. Anything leather is automatically jacked up in price. Those ugly-ass leather trench coats from the early 90's that are beat to hell and smell of cigarette smoke are all marked $60. It's getting pretty out of hand.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So far my shops have held prices pretty low -- $3 for shirts, etc. But a Coach messenger bag turned up a few weeks ago, and the place wanted $70 for it even with broken strap hardware. The bag was in decent condition otherwise, but I was still struck by the price. Alarmingly, it sold quickly, so I hope that doesn't give them ideas.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best thrifting I have come across is when I go to my parents. The Goodwill shirts are $3.00, suits $10.00, sweaters $3.50. Didn't have my usual luck when I was up there this week. I picked up 3 scarves for $1.00 each. one was a PRL Tartan made is Scotland with the tag still on it but the price ripped of, second was a LL Bean tartan made in Italy, the third was made in Italy but with no visable makers.
The Salvation Army there will vary their price but, no more then $5.00 for shirts/sweaters nad up to $20.00 on the suits.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
found a battistoni nwot tie for $3 when making a donation the other day.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
$9.99 Brunello Cucinelli sport coat. My first time at a "real" thrift store. (a large one, not a small boutique with 4 sport jackets and 3 shirts).

29cwg2a.jpg

2hd8wid.jpg

zwxoc0.jpg

255t4z5.jpg

ifuyao.jpg

Holy S%$T! What size is it?

amemovox

Reaction score
It happens every once in a while. Stopped by a thrift store on Super Bowl Sunday! They were having a 25% off sale on everything.

Scored an Oxxford chalkstripe suit for $28.32. It had just been cleaned and pressed and with the pant alterations, I sustained under $40.00 in damage.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
44R.

That's my size... I'll give you twice that PLUS shipping for it
smile.gif

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amemovox
It happens every once in a while. Stopped by a thrift store on Super Bowl Sunday! They were having a 25% off sale on everything.

Scored an Oxxford chalkstripe suit for $28.32. It had just been cleaned and pressed and with the pant alterations, I sustained under $40.00 in damage.

Awesome find.

Originally Posted by gdl203
That's my size... I'll give you twice that PLUS shipping for it
smile.gif

worship.gif
worship.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score