• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need a bit of help. What the hell are these?

Those are US military "bunny" boots. The black ones are for cold weather, the white ones are for very cold weather.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Finally got back out to the stores...well actually to a single store...which I've never been to before even that is is local (just never knew about it)
facepalm.gif
I can only imagine what I have missed.

Ties are always $2, Sport Coats are $8 and Suits are $15....today they had a 1/2 off on suits & sport coats.

1) Zegna "Sport Coat" (orphan) EU 56L, Navy Check 3 Roll 2. Tag looks pretty recent - working cuff buttons
Tag said this guy had been sitting on the racks since 4/5/12 (a month!!) I would have bought it at full price to flip!

2) Prada Tie - Can anyone confirm this is real? 3.25" so so a keeper

3) Prada Tie - Again, I assume this is real? Guessing it is with the thread loop on the back. Again this guy is skinny
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

4) Ferragamo Tie - Ebay $ should pay for the entire trip

5) Vineyard Vines - Don't usually go for these, but this one I happen to like. Prob going to sell it though.

6) Leonard - Thought I heard of the brand but wasnt sure...self tipped and with the other ties I found figured it was worth a shot.
Hopefully it can bring good $ on ebay being a "cigar" tie http://cgi.ebay.com/370603283370
rotflmao.gif

Passed On

1) Allen Edmonds Park Ave (Both shoes size 12.5 E). $20 and in so so condition so hope to maybe pick them up on sale sometime next week.
2) Allen Edmonds Loafers - Looked like shell but maybe corrected grain #4489 (could not find this on any list...
puzzled.gif
) One size 12.5 and one size 9.5 SERIOUSLY!

img040.jpg

2) First bag I've ever debating buying. 99% sure it was really Coach as the tags and stitching looked good, but in pretty beat up condition. Thought about trying to clean it up but IDK how well that would work, plus didnt know how much these sell for at the time. Prob will pick it up next time I am there if it's still around. They wanted $12.50. The inside tag # L0693-F08A11 (I think this is a Dec 06 Bag for the factory outlet "F" after the dash?? Anyone care to lend a hand?
img041.jpg

46n2

Reaction score
Gents- Question- What are some italian, english, etc. made pumps for women that are well made and comfortable ?? The wifey is on her feet all day long and needs something better than the Chinese crap they peddle that hurt her feet and fall apart after a year. Any ideas of what brands to be aware of ? Thx y'all
smile.gif

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brianpore. Careful with that Sal Fer tie. That silk printed sig looks off. The two Rs should be level across the top more like the stay loop. Salvatore should be 3 distinct parts. I usually pass on the ties with the sloppy sig assuming they are fake.

Of course there is probably someone on here who knows ferragamo better than me. That different signature just makes me nervous. I found a breakdown if the fake sigs somewhere online

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Brianpore. Careful with that Sal Fer tie. That silk printed sig looks off. The two Rs should be level across the top more like the stay loop. Salvatore should be 3 distinct parts. I usually pass on the ties with the sloppy sig assuming they are fake.

Of course there is probably someone on here who knows ferragamo better than me. That different signature just makes me nervous. I found a breakdown if the fake sigs somewhere online
Anyone clarify. Dont want to list a fake obviously. The quality looked OK.....anyone
puzzled.gif
Thanks in advance. Never even though to look for "fake Ferregamo ties...

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sure there ARE fake Ferragamo's, but who would take the time to fake one that ugly
stirpot.gif

if the quality is good, you should be in the clear

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All the sloppy sig ties I have seen have been crazy animal patterns too. Clearly I'm no expert. I would find that link and send it but I'm on my phone in the car on the way to Miami for our vacation cruise... Rubbing it in, sorry

steveoly

Reaction score

Is it possible to get the neck taken in too? Seems like a lot of work but it really is a kick ass shirt.

How much is needed? If it's a pretty minimal amount, a super quick and free fix would be to move the top collar button.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't take a chance on selling a fake, or a suspected fake, regardless of quality.

LooknGr8

Reaction score

On the flip side. Why would ferragamo screw up there own sig/logo?

hahahahahah I walked by a ferragamo retail store in santa clara...while their shoes are awesome, some of their things (ties, anyone?) remind me of Geoffrey Beene. What a scam! I have kept two ties myself but...don't quite get the appeal.

Concealed, Garnett gonna make the diff tonight? Hoping. No illusions that they will win it all but damn, let's get my the Hawks.

Real reason I am posting: Shouts out to CapnWes. I don't kowtow to eBay sellers, in fact I have quit leaving feedback because I think eBay has brutally monetized/corrupted the feedback system, which is violating the bidders' trust in it. They should have left it alone, it was a beautiful thing back in the day.

But Wes is my man. Thank you for exceeding my expectations and recognizing my eBay handle, real name and SF handle. I have a hard time keeping track of my kids' names...and I hold you to that low standard, ha

(basically, I bid on one of his lots and didn't demand a discount or even remind him I was LooknGr8...and he connected the dots and reduced the price of the lot after bidding closed -- I was traveling, I really didn't care if he recognized me or not, we were only talking a few dollars here...and he proactively said "Yo! Pay less! I know you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads