• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to stick my foot in the POLO by Ralph Lauren tan penny loafers to try to get an idea of their size since they're unmarked...

@ Grendel: I checked the pockets and there is no fabric content tag, but it feels like a wool / silk blend. It's smooth, light, and cool to the touch. Also, I just noticed it has hacking pockets.

It's unfortunately also 7-8" too big for me
ffffuuuu.gif

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about this? Seems super-high quality and has some really nice pick-stitching on the lapel and such. Double-vented, working surgeons cuffs...the thing is just bad-ass. Has a made in Canada tag inside the collar as well. It's navy if you can't tell by the pictures.

It's also available if anyone's interested. It's around a 40-42R or S. I'll get proper measurements tonight.

Last edited:

Hoofit

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Damn you DM7 I hope the RLPL is a suit and sized 46-48L
And EG to boot. Thats some serious thrifing right there.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Easye....I think you are good on the Coach messenger. I don't think Coach was faked until they started making the ghetto looking purses with the "C's" all over them.

That's what I thought, although, did you see the Cach bag a few posts back, hahaha.

So go easy. Like 20 minutes per shoe at first. Your friendly downtown cobbler will have this shoe stretcher liquid that speeds up the process -- you spray it inside -- for more effective results. The more you crank on it, the more it stretches. Start conservatively on a pair of shoes you, er, hate.
also, shoe stretchers come in about 6 sizes. Make sure this is your size. I'm at work so I can't check out my own but I am a 9D and I think I have a double zero size stretcher. Last thing you want is too large (for obvious reasons) or too small (stretches wrong part of the shoe so the part that needs to get wider actually doesn't).
It's playing with fire, so treat it as such. It can make a good pair of shoes suck if you overdo it. While I'm getting better at it, I have one pair of loafers still too tight they give me blisters...and another that are fine -- as long as I wear thick dress socks. The rest I seem to have hit the sweet spot... :satisfied:
WES: JINX!

Awesome, thanks for the info.
also think that more of the thrift store grinders are women, thus it gets snatched much more quickly

I pretty much figured that as well, especially here (Chicago).

lastdonb

Reaction score

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Edited by Darkmatter7"

*Ridonculous SC pic quoted*

Dear god, what else did I miss?!

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wednesday thrift round two:

Olive, leather bound, portfolio by Dopp.

Two albums, left, Bill Evans, Alone, listening to it now, ******* awesome! Right, Dizzy Gillespie, The Everlivin' "Diz". If you are a thrifter who also collects vinyl and who ALSO collects jazz, then you know it's next to impossible to find any that aren't beat to ****. The sleeve on the Dizzy Gillespie isn't in the best shape, but both records look un-played.

Left, Trafalgar paisley braces. Right Paris Free-Swing "Can't skid off your shoulders", bought mostly for aesthetic purposes.

Ike Behar for Ben Silver contrast collar, french cuff job. My size, need some TLC but I think it will turn out nice.

Ted Baker London,Robert Graham-esque shirt, size 6. Going up on the bay unless anybody here want's it.

Gitman Bros for The Fell company white button up, size 16-33, up for trades.

And finally, a U.S. Navy, seaman's top, size 38, looks old, not sure what I'm going to do with it but I thought it was too cool to pass up at 90 cents.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Edited by Darkmatter7"

Dear god, what else did I miss?!

I think he knew I was going to post my meager findings from today so he edited it out of kindness. In all seriousness, it looks like he really hit it out of the park from the small puzzle pieces left behind.

Martin + Osa was owned by American Eagle. I think it was their attempt to do fashiony type things. Never really took off, I think it went under 2 or o years ago. They seem to have made some decently nice things but never developed favor with their intended market. My presumption is that the brand's association with AA had something to do with this.

Yep. I remember visiting the MOA store quite a few times. It was very shortlived. They had nice stuff for a nice price. The pieces fit well and were decently made. The store itself had a great scent (some type of scented candle they sold) and they had some very attractive young women working there which made the overall shopping experience that much more pleasant.

As for me, I found a couple things:

- Mint Recent Canali wool flat front med. khaki trousers. 42x33 (available)
- Mint recent Incotex Super 100s med. khaki double pleated trousers. 33x31 (available)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads