• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice haul!

For the previous owner, I think it went like this:

1. Drop off your clothes at the dry cleaners
2. Die
3. Fail to pick up your clothes from the cleaners because you are dead

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I'm not seeing the relationship between 2 and 3. Can you explain it in layman's terms?

Nice haul!
For the previous owner, I think it went like this:
1. Drop off your clothes at the dry cleaners
2. Die
3. Fail to pick up your clothes from the cleaners because you are dead

goneAWOL

Reaction score
Picked up my first thrift store cufflinks today. There was a pretty large donation of vintage ones, and I picked up the ones I liked most.

Back row: Swank, Hickok, Unbranded (but has patent number for to clasp, which I think makes it 1940s-1950s)
Front row: Unbranded, Taxco sterling silver

I've done tons of research to try to educate myself on vintage cufflinks, with a little luck. The two in the front row are probably the best finds. It seems like the Taxco ones are relatively high in demand, and they have the .925 marks on them. I assume its turquoise rocks on the inside. I think the warrior heads might be worth something too. They seem like they definitely could be sterling silver, and probably fall into the category of vintage Mexican jewelry.

Other than that, I don't know much about these. If there is anyone out there that knows all about cuff links, then I'd appreciate any additional information.

Last edited:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm.  I'm not seeing the relationship between 2 and 3.  Can you explain it in layman's terms?

I'm not an expert on this, but my understanding is death is the one thing that can forever divide us from our clothes.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoah, Baron Wells and RLBL? If those would fit a slim/true medium, I'm totally in!

(Plus, Etro? C'mon, that's the coolest brand ever!)

Also -- ahem -- up for trade: PRL shirts, L and XL; Small Ervell tab collar that is the greatest shirt ever (almost too schmancy for a man)

Last edited:

steveoly

Reaction score
Nice haul. PM sent re: Barbera SC! Regarding the shirts, Finamore is excellent - one of the best RTW shirts out there. The Bizzochi, Eton, Etro and Breuer will carry decent trade or resale value too. Not sure on the others.

um, i think some unfortunate dude in my area left his clothes at the cleaners...
EDIT: not sure what i'm going to keep or trade, if anything ends up being available in the future, i'll post it in the trading thread.
first, the jackets.
1. LB Collezione Sartoriale:
XG3qi.jpg

TOu0s.jpg

2. PZ Sartoriale (this is actually a nice loden green, not sure why it looks blue):
W8tR2.jpg

m3r1a.jpg

3. and now, the shirts. i didn't recognize most of these labels, but i figured what the hell, i'll just take them all and hope for the best. any info you guys might have on some of these (other than RLBL and LP, obvs) would be much appreciated.
5jGrk.jpg

DU0xs.jpg

RQXHv.jpg

wL7Hg.jpg

Qp120.jpg

I3pGV.jpg

qX1Sd.jpg

sR1An.jpg

8jyRP.jpg

TlHyf.jpg

hN8fU.jpg

IfYkF.jpg

10Dfk.jpg

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
um, i think some unfortunate dude in my area left his clothes at the cleaners...
EDIT: not sure what i'm going to keep or trade, if anything ends up being available in the future, i'll post it in the trading thread.

Please let us know when you're posting these. I'm interested in the LB jacket.

Last edited:

acosbysweater

Reaction score

Whoah, Baron Wells and RLBL? If those would fit a slim/true medium, I'm totally in!

(Plus, Etro? C'mon, that's the coolest brand ever!)

Also -- ahem -- up for trade: PRL shirts, L and XL; Small Ervell tab collar that is the greatest shirt ever (almost too schmancy for a man)

2nd on the Baron Wells, great thrift find though I'm not crazy about the pattern. Vanishing Elephant is another one in the mix that I wouldn't imagine finding at a thrift as its a relatively new brand.

Lemme see dat Ervell!!!!

LooknGr8

Reaction score
Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^: :laugh: Unfortunately not. Sorry man.
XG3qi.jpg
TOu0s.jpg
2. PZ Sartoriale (this is actually a nice loden green, not sure why it looks blue):
W8tR2.jpg
m3r1a.jpg
5jGrk.jpg
TlHyf.jpg
Probably late to the dibs party, but please tell me these are 16.6-17 and 42-44 R/L!! If so, dibs!!
Although its kinda beat up, and most of you probably don't know what this is... Bit of a surprise that something from Supreme would end up in a thrift, couldnt say no for a buck

I know a guy who'd kill for this hat.

Last edited:

Kitontini

Reaction score

first, the jackets.
XG3qi.jpg

TOu0s.jpg

W8tR2.jpg

m3r1a.jpg

3. and now, the shirts. i didn't recognize most of these labels, but i figured what the hell, i'll just take them all and hope for the best. any info you guys might have on some of these (other than RLBL and LP, obvs) would be much appreciated.
5jGrk.jpg

DU0xs.jpg

RQXHv.jpg

wL7Hg.jpg

Qp120.jpg
I3pGV.jpg

qX1Sd.jpg
sR1An.jpg

8jyRP.jpg

TlHyf.jpg
hN8fU.jpg

IfYkF.jpg

10Dfk.jpg

Luciano Barbera Jacket: :inlove: Looks super recent too!
PZ Sartoriale: Seriously great find!

That first shirt looks like a Robert Talbott Carmel label, but doesn't look like there's writing in it. So IDK....
Etro: Quite Toned down for an Etro. Usually Etro's are brighter
Loro Piana: Wonderful Pattern!
Massimo Bizzochi: U.S President of Operations for Kiton. Might still be working with Kiton, but branched out and made his own line. Very nice stuff!
RLBL: Fantastic scores! Great money in those!
And the Finamore.... :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: What size is that beautiful shirt?!?!

I'd say these finds are ON PAR with DM7's finds.... IMO

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably won't be for a couple of months. sorry dudes!

Damn, put me on the list for those SC's! I think the shirts are too big if they're 16.5 / 42, but if the SC's are 40-42 I'm interested too.

Shiny

Reaction score

Hmm.  I'm not seeing the relationship between 2 and 3.  Can you explain it in layman's terms?

Or, 2 could be "get canned from job"
3. Fark paying the drycleaners; let's buy ramen noodles and pay the rent
4. After 60days drycleaners donates said clothes to the thrift.

My day:
Picked up a pair of Canali FF slacks in size 35x30. Unsure if I'll keep them. Maybe a little baggy so they could be available. Also a slim fit BB dress shirt, a PRL blue label tailored (slim fit!) white dress shirt. Finally, a lands end tie.

Passed on:
Zanella double pleated pants
H Freeman NWT orphan pants(!). The waist tag said the missing coat was 42R (my size). Couldn't find the coat. I agonized over picking them up but in the end I didn't. Pants were dble pleated and were pinstriped.
Alden shoes. They had a PTB look to them but had that gummy sole. Or rather half leather tip and half gummy. They were also a super slim A or C size. Kinda like shoes all college professors wear. I guess I would have gotten them if they had been close to dressy.
Andro, PM me if those Cornelianis ever go to yellow tag. I can roll out to that Marshalls and see if they have something in my size.

LooknGr8

Reaction score

Latest tie haul.

bijan, Brooks Brothers, Oxxford, Brooks Brothers, and Rivetz of Boston.

As posted way earlier in this thread, me big fan of rivetz. Guy who launched the company went on to be RL's Tie Guy. I've seen several, brought home 2, and they are in the permanent rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members