• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

valium

Reaction score
oh hai *****
smile.gif

lol well that was quick,admit it though totally something you would do you creeper...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lol well that was quick,admit it though totally something you would do . 

i have my sources. maybe. but i cant say i need answering machines when i may have spy cams set up already. :hide:

Greg613

Reaction score

Anyone familiar with Lucchese cowboy boots? Upon doing some research they seem like a decent brand, but anyone here have any thoughts before I shell out the money at GW?

Not sure if you are asking about resale, but if you want them for yourself and they are in good condition, pick them. They will last you a life time if you take care of them.

If you are looking to resale, that can be hit or miss. Like Capnwes said, the exotics do better. For reference, the GW price for cowboy boots in Atlanta is pretty consistent at $45.

If they are a 9.5 or 10D I may be interested in a trade.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey guys off topic,well kinda.
have you heard about this trend of buying old answering machines in thrift stores and listening to old old messages?
apparently theres a few blogs with people posting stuff too.i dont know how i feel about it but it must be a trip.
i can totally see InStitches doing that with SF members answering machines.  

I took a beating on this thread for not saving (and presumably posting) the pics that were still on the memory stick in this camera that I picked up in a pawn shop for taking my fit pics.

Young women. Swimwear. The guys at the pawnshop almost didn't want to sell it when I showed them. I think they went through every digital camera in the store after I left.

IMG_20110811_175904.jpg

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, I picked up one my few, ever, NWT finds. A PRL L/S sport shirt in size small. It fits me like an acecow shirt! Also got a nearly new pair of Levis 501's in waist size 29. I can get them buttoned. Just.

Last edited:

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score

Sick part is all the awesome stuff I missed. Saw one guy that beat me to a RLPL suit, and I didn't get to the shirts first either. Oh what could have been!

That RLPL should have been mine. I was going through the suits, a guy walks up with a buddy and grabs a suit off the rack about three suits down from me. He says, "Here, this is a Purple Label. It's a $3000 suit." And hands it to his buddy. I hung out while he tried the jacket on hoping he would discard it, but no luck. Had I been 30 seconds (or less) quicker I would have had it. I wanted to tackle the guy.

Mainy is thrifting vacuum. I nowhere near touched his quality and volume. A few things I should have grabbed that I didn't, but I'm moving in a few weeks, so I'm trying to cut down on inventory.

A couple of the scarves had moth holes when I got home, which I expected. The sale is so insane you really can't look at things like you want. I did make a pretty good tie haul, and even there I should have done better.

After going through what I brought home and discarding a few things I have:

Brioni trousers
Charvet shirt
Brooks Bros Loro Piana cords

PRL cashmere scarf (made in England)
Scotch House cashmere/wool scarf (Scotland)
another cashmere scarf I can't make the name out on

Irish walking hat (my size)

Charvet ties x 2 (including a striped grenadine)
Oxxford Crest tie (bought a second, but it has some damage)
Duncan Quinn tie (NWT, might be sample?)
Charles Tyrwhitt tie (made in England)
Thomas Pink tie (made in England)
RLPL tie
Ferragamo tie
Zegna tie
Barney's house label (Italy)
NWOT Eddy Monetti tie--my favorite of the lot--unreal quality

Not a bad haul. Got a suit that had damage, a couple of ties, a couple of scarves.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sick part is all the awesome stuff I missed. Saw one guy that beat me to a RLPL suit, and I didn't get to the shirts first either. Oh what could have been!

That RLPL should have been mine. I was going through the suits, a guy walks up with a buddy and grabs a suit off the rack about three suits down from me. He says, "Here, this is a Purple Label. It's a $3000 suit." And hands it to his buddy. I hung out while he tried the jacket on hoping he would discard it, but no luck. Had I been 30 seconds (or less) quicker I would have had it. I wanted to tackle the guy.

Mainy is thrifting vacuum. I nowhere near touched his quality and volume. A few things I should have grabbed that I didn't, but I'm moving in a few weeks, so I'm trying to cut down on inventory.

A couple of the scarves had moth holes when I got home, which I expected. The sale is so insane you really can't look at things like you want. I did make a pretty good tie haul, and even there I should have done better.

After going through what I brought home and discarding a few things I have:

Brioni trousers
Charvet shirt
Brooks Bros Loro Piana cords

PRL cashmere scarf (made in England)
Scotch House cashmere/wool scarf (Scotland)
another cashmere scarf I can't make the name out on

Irish walking hat (my size)

Charvet ties x 2 (including a striped grenadine)
Oxxford Crest tie (bought a second, but it has some damage)
Duncan Quinn tie (NWT, might be sample?)
Charles Tyrwhitt tie (made in England)
Thomas Pink tie (made in England)
RLPL tie
Ferragamo tie
Zegna tie
Barney's house label (Italy)
NWOT Eddy Monetti tie--my favorite of the lot--unreal quality

Not a bad haul. Got a suit that had damage, a couple of ties, a couple of scarves.

Yeah one of the suits I bought (luckily it was older and not so hot anyway) had some damage to the pants, so that sucked, also realize a Brooks Brothers blazer I picked up had custom buttons. Good job on the ties.... I think I'm gonna go back tomorrow at 9am. I think they will restock tonight, either way it's worth a shot.

valium

Reaction score
you foooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took a beating on this thread for not saving (and presumably posting) the pics that were still on the memory stick in this camera that I picked up in a pawn shop for taking my fit pics.
Young women. Swimwear. The guys at the pawnshop almost didn't want to sell it when I showed them. I think they went through every digital camera in the store after I left.
IMG_20110811_175904.jpg

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went after work... Absolutely nothing. Sad really.

Here's the stuff from earlier... 2 Faconnable ss button downs

25.5" pit to pit

24.5" pit to pit

NWT Hickey Freeman tie

I was thinking of using this for my picture tie on the mannequin

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am doing dry runs, except a nice powder yellow Hilditch and Key shirt today. 16 L. I owe a shirt To Horse's Ass, if it does not work for him will go to trade thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads