• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

otakueric

Reaction score
Picked up this Hickey Freeman yesterday with matching pants. I'm a short but this is a regular, so trying to decide if it is worth it to have the jacket shortened an inch.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
photobucket-6922-1322329187715.jpg

photobucket-5650-1322329223356.jpg

photobucket-7520-1322329250824.jpg

Here are the shell cordovan AE Bradleys in size 12D

I literally took these pics seconds after putting the shoe trees in.

They are for sale.

Xenos

Reaction score

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
Attolini suit... :drool: The Attolini shirt I got from you ages ago is still in my closet.
This Thanksgiving weekend has been a thrift bust for me, sadly - no pickups all weekend.
Damn, I'm still scrolling back to ogle at that Attolini suit.

Thanks! I've only seen a few Attolini pieces since I started thrifting seriously a year ago. You got the first one. This is the second one I've purchased.

How much better is the Attolini suit than the unworn Lobbs for $2.00?

Lobbs still win. By a mile.

Im interested in the Zegna suit, can I have measurements?
And, um, if that Attolini is from the same donor... :)

The problem, my friend, is that you and I are pretty much the same size. As a result, these will be staying in my closet. Maybe next time.

Xenos is the king of thifters. :worship:

Ha! Hardly. There are plenty of other full-time masters of the thrifting game out there, including Nataku and csoukoulis, among others. I'm just glad to find some nice things every now and again.

Last edited:

codhead

Reaction score
 Good to see the "care in the community" programme works as well across your side of the pond as it does here

clintonf

Reaction score
^^ Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm going to assume it's real, then. Spoo said he was 99% sure it was fake, but I think that may have been because the initial, single photo I posted was bad and didn't show much.
I come across main line fakes quite often too. They usually have asian characters or "style italy" on the tag.
I managed to dig out some ties that I've had in my closet for a number of years now. I have presumed them to be real (since I purchased them from a member of the forum and they look consistent with the other Zegna Couture ties I own).

I would suggest that your tie is real and it is from the later "Couture" range than the older "Napoli Couture" (which the ties below are from).

I hope this helps.

P.S. ATTOLINI
worship2.gif

TylerDurden83

Reaction score
Hello guys this is my first post, I have been lurking a while but decided to jump in when I saw this thread.

In am in the Chicago area and we have a Premium Outlet mall. Has anyone had experience with these stores and their clothing? What is good and what is bad about them? Are they actually worth it or are the clothing defective / made with cheap materials? Are they far out of season/ style?

Here is a listing of the stores I am interested in at this outlet mall: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=63

7 For All Mankind
Giorgio Armani
Hugo Boss Factory Store
Lacoste
Lucky Brand
Salvatore Ferragamo
Theory
True Religion Brand Jeans

Would it be worth my time to pick up a few suits from Hugo Boss factory store, Giorgio Armani, and Theory? I am looking for a few fashion forward and traditional suits to wear on a daily basis just for fashion.

Thanks

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm going to assume it's real, then. Spoo said he was 99% sure it was fake, but I think that may have been because the initial, single photo I posted was bad and didn't show much.
I come across main line fakes quite often too. They usually have asian characters or "style italy" on the tag.

told you its real, gotta trust me bro :slayer:

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found my first seven fold tie this weekend. I am fairly excited about that, even though in my opinion its probably one of the ugliest ties I've bought.

Nice - I haven't found one of these in a ****'s age! It is really ugly, but they're really cool ties regardless and these's tons of demand for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads