• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Last one in the row suit/blazer rack....right next to the dressing rooms....someone put it back....lucky me!

No clue who Saint Andrews Spa was, but 100% Cashmere and lots of hand work, so couldnt pass it up. For Cashmere the thing looks damn near new. One pocket still sewn shut. Only thing I could really find on google was "The Purple Label (Ralph Lauren) tailored clothing collection is made (in Italy) by the Saint Andrews Spa. – one of the finest tailoring firms in the world". How good is this compared to Kiton, Brioni, Zegna, etc?

Last edited:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go back and check for the pants, as that tag mentions a "trouser lining" as well.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Chet Baker Sings: Holy Don Draper, Batman! That thing is awesome!

@ TheWGP -- funny, but I hope you don't actually plan to apply the more dubious methods that could land you in jail or end your career. (Guys are serious business about their stuff. Theft is a big problem, I imagine.). :uhoh:

P.S. if anyone wants some slinky blue linen PRL pants, 36, or some PRL houndstooth pants, 38, would be happy to grab them.

Last edited:

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ TheWGP -- funny, but I hope you don't actually plan to apply the more dubious methods that could land you in jail or end your career. (Guys are serious business about their stuff. Theft is a big problem, I imagine.). :uhoh:

LOL, that's why I've never done the last one, nor will I reveal who told me they had. The others... well, the whole point is to trade MORE, and a lot depends on the specific store / what it is.

green_machine

Reaction score
it's not a kiton, zegna, or a rlpl, but i found a new with tags calvin klein 3 button suit. it was almost a great fit (a little small) and i wanted to learn to alter clothes from my mom :embar:. so i bought it, took the waist out an inch and a half, and i hemmed and cuffed the pants (this part by hand) and it turned out great, for my first time. also got some nice ties also. -first time seeing gucci in a thrift store. (i hope it's real, it seems like very good quality with the GG lining)

072311000418.jpg

072211181448.jpg

072311000001.jpg

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A vintage, slubby silk tie that I wore yesterday with my seersucker sportcoat. Had someone ask me if it was gay pride day :lol:. Not that there is anything wrong with that.....
Also a no name hand-rolled PS with a motif of some dude in a shirt and tie and eyepatch. Anyone have a clue on it?

Hathaway shirts? They did a bunch of advertising with dudes with eyepatches:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's not a kiton, zegna, or a rlpl, but i found a new with tags calvin klein 3 button suit. it was almost a great fit (a little small) and i wanted to learn to alter clothes from my mom :embar:. so i bought it, took the waist out an inch and a half, and i hemmed and cuffed the pants (this part by hand) and it turned out great, for my first time. also got some nice ties also. -first time seeing gucci in a thrift store. (i hope it's real, it seems like very good quality with the GG lining)

072311000001.jpg

Three button suits are not wrong per se, but ones that button that high definitely look a little dated. That said, it does fit you well. Also add a pocket square.

951socal

Reaction score

072311000418.jpg

072211181448.jpg

072311000001.jpg

you look like that guy from the cash cab.

thats a pretty good fit for a thrifted, off the rack suit
your tall enough to pull off a 3 button imho (even though its not popular at the moment)

i'd like to see that ike behar tie on you thogh

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a day:

NWOT Brioni jacket, basted sleeves with the buttons in the pocket
Brioni PoW suit
Battistoni pinstripe suit
Zegna for Nieman Marcus jacket
Poulsen Skone suede derbies
Peccary and crochet gloves

Ace_Face