• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

: (
Aw, really?

Yeah, in my experience, the fit is all over the map. I was able to locate the slimmest ones by price; $15 for the ones no one (in Texas) was buying. I have some D1 'soft' khakis that fit slim, but a bit looser, and what I guess are the regular D1s, which seem just like regular straight leg khakis. But I know from the sim-fit khaki thread others have had a different experience. Hm....

*Apologies for being bored and posting too much today. Will now disappear. - poof! -

You may have misunderstood. After the next 10 lbs. melts away, there might be a bit more distance between cloth and skin, somewhat akin to the fit in your video.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

: (
Aw, really?

Yeah, in my experience, the fit is all over the map. I was able to locate the slimmest ones by price; $15 for the ones no one (in Texas) was buying. I have some D1 'soft' khakis that fit slim, but a bit looser, and what I guess are the regular D1s, which seem just like regular straight leg khakis. But I know from the sim-fit khaki thread others have had a different experience. Hm....

*Apologies for being bored and posting too much today. Will now disappear. - poof! -

My own D1s that I got last year (Macy's for $10) are a little snug in the waist and hips but don't taper at all, so they're more of a straight leg than a slim fit. However, I saw some of those obnoxiously-colored ones at Macy's for $15 and they looked a little slimmer, but my first experience scared me off of even trying them on in the store. Still nice pants, though. I guess when Dockers says slim, they really mean "not tent-like."

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My own D1s that I got last year (Macy's for $10) are a little snug in the waist and hips but don't taper at all, so they're more of a straight leg than a slim fit. However, I saw some of those obnoxiously-colored ones at Macy's for $15 and they looked a little slimmer, but my first experience scared me off of even trying them on in the store. Still nice pants, though. I guess when Dockers says slim, they really mean "not tent-like."

For dockers, that's slim. For me, it's a nice middle ground. I wear the D2 ones, the D1s are a little too tight for ******. I'm not fat at all, but I do play hockey. Said posterior fits in there, but not comfortably. Fortunately, the D2 has a little more room in the seat and a not too much baggier leg.

Found two pairs of Kuppenheimer trousers today. Nice enough feeling wool, and fit me perfectly, down to the hemming. Don't know the brand name, but they seem decent enough.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same experience with the D1s, and I've never been accused of having a big ass. The D2 notch-back are very nice, and fit better, but I still need to taper the legs. I wish there was a D1.5!

Hornswaggler

Reaction score
Went to the by-the-pound place over lunch, and was on the verge of giving up when I found a really nice RLBL casual shirt in my size (slim fit 15.5) in a blue microcheck.

Added a tie to get the most out of my pound, and brought it all home for the princely sum of $1.69. :slayer:

Last edited:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a gorgeous, like-new Loro Piana button down in XL. Also, found three flawless, basically new Zegna shirts in awesome colorways in XXL. Now, I usually only buy stuff mostly in my size, but these shirts are seriously beautiful. Anyone interested or, alternately, can anyone give me some idea of what the market is like for big boy's clothes is like on eBay? E.g. should I package the Zegna shirts as a lot?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a6xZU.jpg

oI4AK.jpg

Italian stuff for ancient France

Blue-myself.jpg

zpMw9.jpg

Le Pa-lais
de la-Doges,
haw haw haw,
ho-ho-ho!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I dunno whether the French palace tie is post-worthy :hide: ...but it's made in Italy and feels very soft, almost like satin. It's pretty yummy.

The other two are Ike Behar. (And blue. Woo!)

Last edited:

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Snagged a VERY recent 42R Oxxford tan 100% cashmere s/c
2 brioni polos XL
rlpl dress shirt 16.5
rlpl tan slacks 38W
PRL by C&J brown suede split toe lace ups 9D

Stopped by the neiman marcus last call and snagged:
Ike behar for NM dress shirt $10
Neiman Marcus cotton (feels like cashmere) lt brown glen plaid tie $13

Nordstrom rack:
1901 dk brown wool glen plaid tie $10

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the furniture section to see about some office reception area type chairs that I have a need for and passed the rack containing women's jackets. I found this hanging there, looking a bit out of place.

IMG_20110719_102739.jpg

Truest color is displayed in this picture.
IMG_20110719_102750.jpg

Working surgeon's cuffs!
IMG_20110719_102809.jpg

NWT marked as a Small. 3 roll 2 with a single vent. Here's a link to what I believe is the same item on the Rugby site. There's a little envelope attached with extra buttons. I was able to squeeze into it...just but buttoning the front was a good two inches from a snowball's chance. For comparison, I am currently quite comfortable in BB 40S. I wandered the store until I found a tape measure and pulled some numbers which now, 14 hours later, I have nearly forgotten as I did not have my notepad with me.

Shoulder to shoulder was 18"
Pit to pit was 38", making the jacket work out to a 36?
BOC was 29ish.
All measurements were taken with the jacket hanging as pictured and a metal, retractable tape measure of the type used in the construction trade if construction guys used Playskool tools so they may be off by half an inch or so. I make no claims to accuracy.

I left it as it was priced at $15 and I'm not having much success getting this selling thing off the ground. I can swing by on Thursday if someone DESPERATELY needs this piece and is willing to go double the retail and pay shipping within the CONUS. Otherwise, I'm not going back that way for a couple of weeks.

Send a PM if you're truly interested.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I win for the day, 6 Brioni Suits (all the same size). Will be on Ebay in about a week or so for $9.99 with No Reserve!

Wow - I can imagine what you were feeling at this time as this same scenario happened to me a couple years ago when I found 9 recent Brioni suits and a NWOT Brioni silk sportcoat all in a row. I live for these motherlode finds! Deets on patterns, size, model names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads