• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That electrician was polish guaranteed.
I swear about ten years ago I visited an aunt there was an outlet about 6 inches above the bathtub rim right by the soap dish .and I'm talking 220 not 110.also her kitchen light switch had a socket right beside it so at night just feeling for the switch I got buzzed maybe half a dozen times .good times .sobers u up quick will tell you that.

Selvedged

Reaction score

Seriously, cant we just skip the sexist stuff and keep braggin about thriftfinds?

Sexist?
Do we really need to be that overly sensitive here?
Not even to mention that a good deal in this thread is not even on topic as they are not truly thrift finds.

If not Mink, beaver would be my guess.

My thoughts as well.

Last edited:

sashae

Reaction score
TFW the dude in front of you at an estate sale cops 19 Hermes carres for $10 each and doesn't know what he has. I scored big time but not a thriftening cause of this mope. Pictures to follow.

sashae

Reaction score
He didn't - I spoke to him outside, he said he liked the colors figured they had to be worth something, wanted me to verify if they were legit. Asked me how much I thought they were worth. My facepalm was unstoppable.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would kill me, nothing's worse than knowing what you just barely missed.

Glad you scored some other stuff at least.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He didn't - I spoke to him outside, he said he liked the colors figured they had to be worth something, wanted me to verify if they were legit. Asked me how much I thought they were worth. My facepalm was unstoppable.

...that's when I say "my grandma likes those - I'll give you double what you paid" and see what's up.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I would have played it exactly like that guy did.

Either way ouch.

Last edited:

Selvedged

Reaction score

How much are those worth each on the aftermarket?

I would have tried to delicately pry a bit & see if he would sell.

By the way: where was that estate sale?

Last edited:

sashae

Reaction score
Sooo... I knew I was hitting this in someone's wake as a lot of the clothing was gone, but...

Brioni cash.

Filson.

Filson.

Ghurka.

Ghurka.

PS made in Scotland.

Lattanzi, Edward Green, Kiton, Bally shoe and small leather good bags (no shoes left :()

Revox B790 turntable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads