• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I've seen some Adrian Jules with that pattern on the lining.

That would be nice but unfortunately I think they're from a small local shop... I'm still amazed by all the handwork though. I'll post pictures it soon but its mind blowing. Maybe the small shop hired AJ to make them? Not sure but I'm going to call them tomorrow to find out

snackbandit

Reaction score
Andersons or uptons?

rhyme

Reaction score
Thoughts on diesel jeans in general? Didn't buy these as I assumed fake based off the imprinting on the buttons but maybe someone could tell me

Legit but good that you passed. The model is Ravix and its old and dead. Zathan 772 from 2003-2005 is the only diesel i would bother selling otherwise they get traded.

@TheODGuy
Those CP cleaned up real well. Good job!

PantherPatrol

Reaction score
So i picked up this cheap flannel shirt because it fit me well and I wanted to experiment with Ralph Lauren. Don't quite know/understand the brand but I see people posting the RRL stuff, etc. and it looks good. This had the denim shoulder interior, Made in USA, classic style...

But then I get home and see:

> CHAPS: Has a story similar to Lauren by Ralph Lauren, a brand that has been spun off from the Ralph Lauren umbrella and contains items that, incredibly, are of even lower quality than LRL. Now beginning to be known as 'Chaps' alone. http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide/0_100

Bad pickup? Someone educate me. Whatever, worst case is that I now have a great fitting junk flannel.

zMW6cGwl.jpg

Edmonton

Reaction score
Scored 100% Cashmere Made in Scotland V necks ...

Jaeger tan argyle L (To Fit 42"). Poor lighting in first image makes it look pink.

Berk XXL (26" pit-to-pit). I believe this to be a Lorne 2-ply based on artichoke colour.

Randomore

Reaction score
@Nobleprofessor I got the package, haven't opened it yet! Excited to see what's inside.

To my thriftmasee, sent yesterday so you should receive it soon.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i picked up this cheap flannel shirt because it fit me well and I wanted to experiment with Ralph Lauren. Don't quite know/understand the brand but I see people posting the RRL stuff, etc. and it looks good. This had the denim shoulder interior, Made in USA, classic style...

> CHAPS: Has a story similar to Lauren by Ralph Lauren, a brand that has been spun off from the Ralph Lauren umbrella and contains items that, incredibly, are of even lower quality than LRL. Now beginning to be known as 'Chaps' alone. http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide/0_100

Bad pickup? Someone educate me. Whatever, worst case is that I now have a great fitting junk flannel.

zMW6cGwl.jpg

See the bolded. It looks pretty cool from what I can see though so not a total loss.

You could always throw it up for a 30-day BINOBO and see if you can sneak $20-40 out of it. Crazier things have happened. If not, cheap flannel for you. Win/win. As far as Ralph Lauren items to sell. Avoid old Ralph by Ralph Lauren, LRL, and Chaps 99.9% of the time, especially shirts. Polo University Club and Chaps will randomly have a cool tweed SC but those would most likely be something to grab for self-use unless it's a crazy FU plaid pattern. Almost always grab Purple Label and Black Label. Look these up to see what the tags look like though.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zMW6cGwl.jpg
This is a vintage piece, not only was this made when Ralph Lauren still designed chaps, but it was made in the US. If you don't want it I'm sure there is probably a market it for it. New Chaps is licensed, it doesn't even have Ralph Lauren in the name anymore and has nothing to do with the brand.

Edit: Not really a market, but still made when it was owned and designed by Ralph Lauren and made in the USA. Not a horrible pick up at all for personal use.

Last edited:

PantherPatrol

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Yeah the signs such as the USA and denim interior pointed at a decent pickup. I will now feel better wearing :nodding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads