• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
So many car posts

sorry, it happens monthly. and i am partly to blame. but here? we encompass all that is style on a budget. so let me redeem myself by posting a thread first.

Phenomenom camo Tee. -weird but cool. 38R.

and #Dadstuff

Recaro baby Chair. true thrift.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol I dont really mind that much, i just dont know a single thing about cars.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well there are some folks are on here who know A lot about cars. And I know car guys -- I would guess any of them (including myself) would be glad to answer questions about cars -- assuming you have questions and send them by PM, so we don't clog things up with OT stuff.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

i have thought about making a thread in general chat for dudes to learn about cars. whether you are shopping, or want to try a fix to save money. with a thrift focus, to help members who need to make the most from their dollars. at least 5 of us would be available to help. where members ask questions, and get answers, and brag their DIY efforts.

if you guys think it should be? i will open it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have thought about making a thread in general chat for dudes to learn about cars. whether you are shopping, or want to try a fix to save money. with a thrift focus, to help members who need to make the most from their dollars. at least 5 of us would be available to help. where members ask questions, and get answers, and brag their DIY efforts.

I think it's a decent idea...

I'll be in the market soon, as my car's engine decided to kick the bucket after making the drive here (main bearing is kaput, and replacement cost is more than the car is worth even in excellent condition). It's not dead yet, but the prognosis was bad enough that I haven't driven it for several weeks. I'm aiming towards leasing a new Subaru after our finances settle down from the move!

sashae

Reaction score
The wimminz cup runneth over. No idea how to sell these :)

Calvin Klein Collection for Bergdorf Goodman double breasted ultra-soft calfskin trench coat.
21695521862_6f63bf3586_b.jpg

21085995533_438c863bc4_b.jpg

NWT Alexander Wang Leather Trim Wrap Dress - $765 at Saks.
21084374494_b56fcfe970_b.jpg

21695606952_5e395e3fa5_b.jpg

NWT DVF
21519147040_5d2fe6a964_b.jpg

21520244139_f4f49198ef_b.jpg

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey all, I appreciate the multitude of messages I got from my post before. Lots of support and I appreciate that. Just to calm the minds of some of you I'm not suicidal in anyway.

I didn't want to make a post like this again but it saved me once before and I'm once again in a desperate spot.

If there's anything that might catch your fancy in my eBay store I'm open to accepting offers. I'll make a deal on almost anything there. Just message me here or on eBay and let me know what you're interested in.

It's been rough and it's actually gotten rougher lately (I actually got into a car accident since - man can life keep throwing those curve balls). I appreciate everyone who took the time to read this, I'm sorry it was so brief and such but it's a post I could only make before work.

Also post a link - sig links do not show up on mobile.

Chotii

Reaction score
Sickest hide ever. Let's chop that up and make some watch straps?
sly.gif

Anybody want to make a guess? I'm thinking either American bison or actual water buffalo. I've handled a few items made from bison skin, and it had that texture and (apparent) heft.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm in if you get it set up.

My "car guy" resume (spoilered so it doesn't sound like bragging
peepwall[1].gif
)

I have been around cars and the car business my whole life. Its in my blood. I spent a lot of time hanging out with my Uncle who was a small dealer. Then, I was a service manager at an Oldsmobile and Honda dealer for several years until GM quit making Oldsmobile. I know cars. I probably know more about GM cars made from the 70's-2000 than any others. But, my passion and interest for the last 10 years has been Mercedes and BMW. I have owned cars that had over 500,000 miles on them. I have taken a car that was a total loss and sold it for $. I have restored cars to drive and resell and can do most of the work other than paint and total engine replacements. I have owned about 44 cars and about 30 of them were bought to clean up and resell. Ever since I bought my first car to flip when I was 20 years old, I have had car fever. I currently own 3 cars and a truck (I need to pair this down) and I am always on the hunt for the next perfect one. My dream is to go to the Barret Jackson Auction in Scottsdale and buy about 20 cars!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope the seller of this isn't on here. If he is, I don't mean to attack you, but take a look at the listings of some folks on here and learn how to do it really well.

I get an alert anytime an Oxxford 50L is listed. I really like Oxxford and its a hard size to find. So, I was interested when I got an email about a new one listed. But, this listing boggles me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OXXFORD-CLO...azer-Jacket-Sportcoat-Size-50L-/291573113545?

First, we know its not a blazer, its an orphan. 2. Why would you use that shirt for the pictures? Who thinks that makes any sense or makes the orphan look any better?

3. That tie? Its pipes? In pink and Mauve?

4. Nice description 5. $166.49 for an Oxxford PINSTRIPE orphan?

Sorry for the rant. I was just excited about an Oxxord in my size and this was such a disappointment.

brinebombs

Reaction score
I found this thick leather jacket, viscose lining, made in Italy, any info on the label?

Is it the same as Collection Privee? I thought there could be a Lubiam/LBM 1911 situation, but it could just be a private store label

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope the seller of this isn't on here. If he is, I don't mean to attack you, but take a look at the listings of some folks on here and learn how to do it really well.

I get an alert anytime an Oxxford 50L is listed. I really like Oxxford and its a hard size to find. So, I was interested when I got an email about a new one listed. But, this listing boggles me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OXXFORD-CLO...azer-Jacket-Sportcoat-Size-50L-/291573113545?

First, we know its not a blazer, its an orphan. 2. Why would you use that shirt for the pictures? Who thinks that makes any sense or makes the orphan look any better?

3. That tie? Its pipes? In pink and Mauve?

4. Nice description 5. $166.49 for an Oxxford PINSTRIPE orphan?

Sorry for the rant. I was just excited about an Oxxord in my size and this was such a disappointment.

Aside from the obvious orphan status, those t-rex arms would have probably been an issue as well.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey all, I appreciate the multitude of messages I got from my post before. Lots of support and I appreciate that. Just to calm the minds of some of you I'm not suicidal in anyway.

I didn't want to make a post like this again but it saved me once before and I'm once again in a desperate spot.

If there's anything that might catch your fancy in my eBay store I'm open to accepting offers. I'll make a deal on almost anything there. Just message me here or on eBay and let me know what you're interested in.

It's been rough and it's actually gotten rougher lately (I actually got into a car accident since - man can life keep throwing those curve balls). I appreciate everyone who took the time to read this, I'm sorry it was so brief and such but it's a post I could only make before work.
send me a pm of your store link. I can help you out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads