• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM-H

Reaction score
Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@330CK

can you show deetz on those rugs. closeups of the color changes, selvedge, etc? would appreciate. 

They're nothing really special. The fringe already pretty much excludes the possibility that their authentic Navajo. But the work is decent and they're for personal use anyway.

$3 for a vintage Coach duffel? Cool beans.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@330CK thanks! i think the teal one is super appealing!

today's kills:

hey, is marijuana reform a thing? lol!

pop

interesting back - pleated but no vent...

tag-gun fuckery.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Again

Versace

If anyone is interested in any of this lmk
For future reference, if you're buying the shirt (or whatever it might be) cuz you like it and want to keep it, that's one thing, but Lauren by Ralph Lauren isn't even a Ralph Lauren line and it's resale is garbage. It's a licensed line, giving a cheap manufacturer the right to use his name and having absolutely nothing to do with any part of the line. He did the same thing with Ralph Lauren Chaps, but Chaps has dropped the RL I believe, don't know what led to that. However with that said, that is the Versace you want to find for sure. Vintage Gianni Versace gold ornate baroque style prints move, and if that's NWT's, that's a ******* rare find, that tie must be at least 20 years old.

round

Reaction score
For future reference, if you're buying the shirt (or whatever it might be) cuz you like it and want to keep it, that's one thing, but Lauren by Ralph Lauren isn't even a Ralph Lauren line and it's resale is garbage. It's a licensed line, giving a cheap manufacturer the right to use his name and having absolutely nothing to do with any part of the line. He did the same thing with Ralph Lauren Chaps, but Chaps has dropped the RL I believe, don't know what led to that. However with that said, that is the Versace you want to find for sure. Vintage Gianni Versace gold ornate baroque style prints move, and if that's NWT's, that's a ******* rare find, that tie must be at least 20 years old.

Thanks for the advice man, still new to this. The tie came from a tag sale I went to today, I asked the guy if he had any other ties and he brought that out, got it for a dollar, said it was a gift that he never wore.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$2 well spent, Ray Ban 2140 wayfarer

I am willing to double, ok triple, your money lol.

I always go through sunglasses. I've found multiple vintage Ray-Ban, Vuarnet and especially Maui Jim since they are pretty nondescript and fly under the radar.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice man, still new to this. The tie came from a tag sale I went to today, I asked the guy if he had any other ties and he brought that out, got it for a dollar, said it was a gift that he never wore.
No worries, that's what were here for. I remember going to a thrift and asking if they had any ties they kept behind the counter and her pulling out a box of vtg Gianni Versace ties, one Couture, it was ******* glorious but I had to pay like 10 bucks a pop. $1? that's crazy, did you ask if he had anymore? If not I'd hit them up again tomorrow and clean them out.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@330CK thanks! i think the teal one is super appealing!

today's kills:

hey, is marijuana reform a thing? lol!

I don't know if it is where you are, but it should be...
snork[1].gif

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite find from yesterday was a pair of deadstock La Sportiva Mythos climbing shoes.

The attached catalog showed they were from 1997!

My very first pair of climbing shoes in 1994 was this same model, which they still produce (though the colors have changed to mint green for the ladies and light brown for the men (back in the day, they only had the one colorway).

round

Reaction score
No worries, that's what were here for. I remember going to a thrift and asking if they had any ties they kept behind the counter and her pulling out a box of vtg Gianni Versace ties, one Couture, it was ******* glorious but I had to pay like 10 bucks a pop. $1? that's crazy, did you ask if he had anymore? If not I'd hit them up again tomorrow and clean them out.
They're my neighbors, Ill go over and knock on their door and ask :)

Are brooks brothers, klein and stuff like that good buys as well? Because I usually just look for the really high end.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am willing to double, ok triple, your money lol.

I always go through sunglasses. I've found multiple vintage Ray-Ban, Vuarnet and especially Maui Jim since they are pretty nondescript and fly under the radar.

Haha, me too man lots of Maui Jim and they go quick and for really good money

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're my neighbors, Ill go over and knock on their door and ask :)

Are brooks brothers, klein and stuff like that good buys as well? Because I usually just look for the really high end.
I'll PM you, this isn't a convo most people on the thread need to see.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
6x Finamore, 2x Attolini (inc. unlined grenadine n/a), 7 fold Marinella, and some Tod's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads