• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so funny i land in wichita at 7

I would be thrilled to go to estate sale or thrift store with you. BUT, I think you might be disappointed. This is not like an estate sale in New York. Even if the decedent was wealthy, that doesn't equal New York wealth. Even at some of the wealthiest peoples' sales, I am more likely to find Oxxford than I am to find Kiton.

Here is a quide that might help. I am making this up by pulling things out of ******.

Wichita New York

Oxxford Kiton
Brooks Brothers Brunello Cucinelli
Zegna Zegna Couture or Su Misura
Brioni (RARE) Isaia
Hermes (Rare) Dozens of Hermes
Florsheim Shell Alden Shell
Polo blue label RLPL
Tom James Tom Ford
Fake LV Real Louis Vuitton
Michael Kohrs Chanel
Farah Western ? Not even sold in NY
Wrangler Brioni Jeans
Stafford Neiman Marcus
Tony Lama John Lobb
Dan Post Christian Loubitin
Alden Crockett & Jones
Red Wing Prada
St. John's Bay St. John

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Jompso
0.jpg

fistbump.gif

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Grabbed this at lunch. Any of this mean anything to anyone?

Vintage? selvedge denim work jacket thing (fits like a large maybe)

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I would be thrilled to go to estate sale or thrift store with you. BUT, I think you might be disappointed.  This is not like an estate sale in New York.   Even if the decedent was wealthy, that doesn't equal New York wealth.  Even at some of the wealthiest peoples' sales, I am more likely to find Oxxford than I am to find Kiton.  

Here is a quide that might help. I am making this up by pulling things out of ******. 

Wichita                   New York 

Oxxford                  Kiton 
Brooks Brothers      Brunello Cucinelli
Zegna                     Zegna Couture or Su Misura 
Brioni (RARE)          Isaia 
Hermes (Rare)         Dozens of Hermes 
Florsheim Shell        Alden Shell 
Polo blue label         RLPL
Tom James             Tom Ford 
Fake LV                  Real Louis Vuitton 
Michael Kohrs         Chanel 
Farah Western         ?  Not even sold in NY 
Wrangler                 Brioni Jeans 
Stafford                  Neiman Marcus 
Tony Lama             John Lobb 
Dan Post                Christian Loubitin
Alden                     Crockett & Jones 
Red Wing               Prada 
St. John's Bay        St. John 

this may be accurate, sure. i went to an estate sale last weekend where it advertised a "house full of mens clothing" and it was a house full of mall brands. the only things i found were two ****** Lucchese boots and a 1990s Gucci tie. i bring them downstairs and she says she's giving me a bargain at 160. I laugh in her face and literally drop them on the floor and say "look at ebay".

some of my best consignors, who thrift themselves and those who purchase at full retail are located in areas that you would never assume they have merchandise in. but what keeps us going back is the fact that you never know what you will find. Who knows if the guy who lived in that house flew to london and had all his suits done on savile row? you just have to be persistent, find that vein, then tap that motherfucker.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick thrift fit today. Too tired to post full-body shots...
dozingoff.gif

Zegna 50/50 Cashmere / Bamboo Unstructured patch-pocket SC. Thrifted by my Dad.
Corneliani ID Brushed Cotton Twill Check shirt. Thrift
Zegna Mid-Gray Flanneled Wool Twill Casual pants Thrift
Allen Edmonds Concord Wingtips. Thrift
Paul Stuart Black knitted silk tie. Thrifted by my Dad.
Inexpensive, yet very nice looking Seiko watch. Thrift with new E-thrifted band. (Yeah I know the date is off... Forgot to re-set it after last month.)

Bonus Cat photos:

This is Tanny. He's about 7 years old, weighs nearly 20 lbs and loves to roll on the warm gravel.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Shanghai Industrial Farming Factory" and "Safety Production." Not the best translation but you get the idea.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who do this should take the time to do a shipping manifest. How many are Kenneth Cole and Gap?

So, I found a suit yesterday which is apparently having an identity crisis...

Jacket has Brooks Brothers and J.Press tags. The pants are tagged Southwick. Store tags on both are Brooks Brothers.

How does this even happen?? Serious question.

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this may be accurate, sure. i went to an estate sale last weekend where it advertised a "house full of mens clothing" and it was a house full of mall brands. the only things i found were two ****** Lucchese boots and a 1990s Gucci tie. i bring them downstairs and she says she's giving me a bargain at 160. I laugh in her face and literally drop them on the floor and say "look at ebay".

some of my best consignors, who thrift themselves and those who purchase at full retail are located in areas that you would never assume they have merchandise in. but what keeps us going back is the fact that you never know what you will find. Who knows if the guy who lived in that house flew to london and had all his suits done on savile row? you just have to be persistent, find that vein, then tap that motherfucker.
I would pay good money for a gopro footage of this scene
fistbump.gif

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I would pay good money for a gopro footage of this scene :fistbump:

one time i brought a go pro to a thrift run and taped the process. mounted it to the cart handle. it needed polishing to be sure, but i couldn't save it as a half hour of HD shooting took up too much space on my drive.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
one time i brought a go pro to a thrift run and taped the process. mounted it to the cart handle. it needed polishing to be sure, but i couldn't save it as a half hour of HD shooting took up too much space on my drive.

Happened to me just now..... and only 10 minutes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads