• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i found a place in Wichita that comes with a 120 acre lake for the same price as a 1/2 acre non-water view here.

Nobleprofessor wontcha be my neighbor!

Compared to New York? You could live in the palace of your dreams for what something nice is in New York.

My house is 3550 sq ft with 5 bedrooms and a half acre. The median home price in the U.S. is $189,000. I paid less than that.

One of my former partners built a huge house 5 or six bedrooms 5000+ sq ft. On a lake in a gated community and I'm sure he paid less than $400k.

So, Spoo come on down! Real estate is cheap and we have the best private planes in the world!

You barely, barely edged me.
But as I tell my wife every time she suggests moving to her home town: where u gonna work? (because I assume NP has sewn up the only game in town)

IsWichita your wife's hometown? Wichita has about 350,000 people in town and 650,000 in the metro area. Unfortunately the big industry is airplanes. So, when the airplanes are doing well, Wichita is hopping. When aircraft companies are down, this get a little worse. But, we do have the Koch family here. The Kochs would have more money than Bill Gates, but two of the brothers got pissed at each other and divided it up. So, now they only have 40 BILLION each. One brother lives here with most of the family and the other one lives in New York.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Jompso. Appreciate it. The tumblr link works but the jompsology.com site gives me an error.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Jompso. Appreciate it. The tumblr link works but the jompsology.com site gives me an error.
FIXED. Forgot my own URL

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stronghold Los Angeles worn selvedge denim in a roomy straight fit...in middling condition at thrift prices. Bad pass?
I've probably thrifted more Stronghold denim then any man ever. I left a thrift once with 8 pairs of Selvage, all in the same size, but every pair was a different model (black raws, gray raws, grayish blue herringbone weave raws, wabash pants, hickory striped, an unworn but presoaked not to be confused with sanforized, etc...). Same store left with 4 pairs of raw a day earlier, and I had already picked up 2 NWT's Raw that I already had listed. With moderate wear at best, which is what it sounds like, and already starting to see exposure to washing means no chances for high contrast fades means the point or the fun or novelty of the whole thing is automatically gone for most people right there. Taking the money spent, the time taken to work them through your system, inventory, measure, photograph, list, wait, etc... it wouldn't have been worth your time, you made the right call.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't cop. Think it's that Mo Vaughn? Did people like him?

Wow. Proxy??

And if your asking if people like him as far as if its a marketable asset to the garment, the answer is that it never hurts. You may find a die hard mid 90s Indians fan who switched to being a late 90s early 2000s Angels fan, who knows. I have thrifted two "famous peoples" clothes as far as they were bespoke, one was a cashmere Zegna blazer from Dan Gilbert, the owner of the Cavs, which doesn't even count and I don't even have it in the listing. But I have thrifted a bespoke Michael Strahan Sport Coat. Now some of you guys out there may not know this but your gf, your wife, your bf, your husband, whomever, he's a household name now. National TV every morning. Picked it up for 9.99, made a **** ton more than that.....Mo Vaughn does not pull that kinda of weight.

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't cop. Think it's that Mo Vaughn? Did people like him?

Is it a really big size? He was/is a big boy.

Tradvocate

Reaction score
This is my second one I've found. First one was last fall and was NWT. These are well worth the price, even at retail. Great stuff and well made.

That was me looking for the vintage TT. PM sent.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compared to New York? You could live in the palace of your dreams for what something nice is in New York.

My house is 3550 sq ft with 5 bedrooms and a half acre. The median home price in the U.S. is $189,000. I paid less than that.

One of my former partners built a huge house 5 or six bedrooms 5000+ sq ft. On a lake in a gated community and I'm sure he paid less than $400k.

So, Spoo come on down! Real estate is cheap and we have the best private planes in the world!
IsWichita your wife's hometown? Wichita has about 350,000 people in town and 650,000 in the metro area. Unfortunately the big industry is airplanes. So, when the airplanes are doing well, Wichita is hopping. When aircraft companies are down, this get a little worse. But, we do have the Koch family here. The Kochs would have more money than Bill Gates, but two of the brothers got pissed at each other and divided it up. So, now they only have 40 BILLION each. One brother lives here with most of the family and the other one lives in New York.
Wait. Wait. Wait. I dont know how I missed this first go around. You currently currently possess a home and property that spans three thousand, five hundred and fifty SQUARE feet of land, has 5 bedrooms, a half acre, and you pait less then 190,000 dollars for it? Your also saying you are in close relation with another individual who has amassed a property of even greater size, at over FIVE thousand square feet, water front property, and a home with rougly 6 bedrooms, and he paid less than four hundred thousand dollars for this? How on earth can property rates differentiate so greatly?? There's an RV lot in Malibu here (gets a great rep nationwide, in reality would be huge pain ********** to live there full time, but that's a different story), you can purchase your own space for your RV, a hole space that spans the entire length AND width of your RV. This costs 1 million dollars. Yes, you need to be a millionaire here, to live on the very outskirts of city limits, an area where your only able to access said city in extremely long and very inconvenient manners, just to purchase the glorified parking space- sized piece of land for the recreational vehicle you presumably ALREADY possess. It's also the only RV park in city limits. For what it's worth you get to wake up by the ocean. In a car that seconds as your home. That you pay 1 million dollars to park it yourself.

OolongT

Reaction score
Brag worthy CM continues to be hard to come by but the day wasn't a total bust.

I said the same thing a couple weeks back and now again; I don't usually pick up Tommy Bahama but it was hard to leave this embroidered monster. Tommy Bahama - XL

Orvis denin w/metal buttons - XXL

Reyn Spooner Reverse Print - XL

Arc'teryx w/chest zip pockets - L

Oh, and did not grab but may be willing to proxy these bad boys:

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these a big thing?
I don't believe so. I once found a couple of these for cheap... kept em stacked in my shop for awhile. I looked them up at one point, and wasn't satisfied with the going rate (I think they were selling for about $15-40 at most when I looked). I ended up hocking them at a Redlight (vintage shop) for about $10 each or something last winter. Woolrich makes some nice durable items, but the resale for most of it isn't the best. I generally pass on Woolriches now, unless they are a Peacoat or something special.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soooooo, went out today. Had a decent haul. Sorry. Posting on my phone. Can't spoiler. Too lazy for brodeetz so opt for label Appreciation.

All from thrift shops. No resell shops.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some of the items I passed.

4 mason's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads