• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding selvedge, I've seen lots of ****** selvedge. Recently, i saw a pair made by global citizen or something like that. Yer, no Bueno. The selvedge you want are the ones that are made by reputable makers. In the end, it's all about the fit, not skinny, not baggy, but fit just right like a fine tailored suit. Being selvage is a plus because you won't have to worry about the out seam fraying. You can have a pair of washed out jeans but as long as they fit you right, it's not a pair of dad jeans. Selvedge denim is not a trend. It's a classic revival that will remain classic. I'll wear grail selvedge to the day i die.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dayyum that Coochi is sick Nat. Cool provenance too.

In other news, those Gustins I found are stone mint and these
https://www.weargustin.com/store/1468

Retail $179??? Rich for Gustin.

They fit perfect as is unwashed. If I keep, Any chance I can wash without shrinking?

The description you linked says sanforized, so shrinkage should be very minimal after washing (typ less than 3% so you might notice a *little* loss of inseam).

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regarding selvedge, I've seen lots of ****** selvedge. Recently, i saw a pair made by global citizen or something like that. Yer, no Bueno. The selvedge you want are the ones that are made by reputable makers. In the end, it's all about the fit, not skinny, not baggy, but fit just right like a fine tailored suit. Being selvage is a plus because you won't have to worry about the out seam fraying. You can have a pair of washed out jeans but as long as they fit you right, it's not a pair of dad jeans. Selvedge denim is not a trend. It's a classic revival that will remain classic. I'll wear grail selvedge to the day i die.
This is true. I own probably about 20 different makers of selvedge jeans and some I've only worn a couple times cause I just didn't like the fit or color and there they sit. That's the disadvantage of ordering online. Two months ago I bought a pair of Isaia selvedge and they were to tight in the thighs and they've never left the house since the first time I put them on. Same thing with a pair of pomegranate naked and famous once I got them I laughed and asked myself when the hell am I going to wear these? Well I never have. Some I roll some I don't it really comes down to how comfortable you feel in them. My favorite out of all of them without choosing by brand would be my luigi borrelli "luxury vintage" selvedge. I wear them unrolled just as jeans and they fit me like a tailored suit. There soft as cashmere and not stiff and just all around my favorite. It gets old wearing stiff raw selvedge a couple of days a week. I alternate between all types of selvedge in all types of colors. I really only buy selvedge cause the makers I usually buy that's all there producing now because of the trend behind it.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku that is without doubt the coolest thing ever posted in either of these thrift threads
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I vote for the Eric Clapton Saville Row suits that someone posted in the previous thread.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
oddly, as you know well. i see many awesome jeans that fail to get a mention when people talk "Grail Denims". and you are 100% right. the Denims are timeless.
- the combinations worn with them are the trends through time. which could be cronologically organized. through the past few decades.

when people say "Dad jeans" i think Seinfeld. or if Kelsey Grammar wore denims at some point.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome find Nataku. Absurd that something like that finds it way to a thrift store. Really, that movie is not that old, must be nice to be able to think nothing of getting rid of a recent Cucinelli. I mean I know these guys are mega rich and probably get all of their clothes for free straight from the designers but still...

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku another late contender for 2015 Thrifties.

tumblr_me668qDnRo1qb05aco1_250.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I vote for the Eric Clapton Saville Row suits that someone posted in the previous thread.

lets get these noms over to the Cheapies thread then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads