• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

God bless who ever invented the Bloody Mary and Mimosa, thus allowing me to drink at 10am without shame.

Where you at?

Edit: if that's anywhere in south Florida you're allowed to drink scotch in the morning also with no shame what so ever

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably shouldn't be this excited for a dirty old sleeping bag, but I am. Will be adding this Class 5 Mountaineering Equipage(!) goose down mummy bag to my camping kit. 5 bucks. Check out that huge zipper! Picked up an even older goose down bag last weekend at an estate sale for free, no tags that I have discovered though.

Score! Class 5 is one of my favorite vintage makers. I've found jackets, vests and packs but never a sleeping bag, Great find! Like Fueco said, definitely toss it in the wash and then in the dryer with some tennis balls.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted by Nobleprofessor: I have no idea what to get my ThiftChristmas person. For those that have done this before, do you just guess about what they might like or send them something that can flip?

Suggestions: Perhaps look at all of the persons posts and see what they comment on? Punt and send ties?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Derek Rose, sans belt

VTG Pendleton Blackwatch

If you find another Blackwatch robe (doesn't have to be Pendleton) in a big size XXL or XXLT or even 3XL (unless its HUGE), then I'm your buyer!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wrong thread

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted by Nobleprofessor: I have no idea what to get my ThiftChristmas person. For those that have done this before, do you just guess about what they might like or send them something that can flip?

Suggestions: Perhaps look at all of the persons posts and see what they comment on? Punt and send ties?

I tried that. Not much help. I'll keep searching his posts.

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
Well, on Tuesday I was insulted by a woman when I asked to purchase the Hermes ties that she had just thrifted.

I think we could all agree that when you miss out on something cool, the best way to bounce back is to simply get out there and keep thrifting. So I took half a day yesterday and hit a bunch of spots. Here's what I came up with (N/A on mostly everything).

I'll thrift fund my own damn Hermes ties, you rude witch.

POP on Tellason!

This is easily the nicest wool sweater I have felt. Brooks Brothers Saxxon, made in Scotland

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Mr G from SD what size are those Jordan's?

Gift exchange? my dude is gonna Thank the Thrift Gods............
stirpot.gif

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mr G from SD what size are those Jordan's?

Gift exchange? my dude is gonna Thank the Thrift Gods............
stirpot.gif
Anyone else 'advanced searching' their gift exchange person looking for clues as to what they want? This is awesome.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we could all agree that when you miss out on something cool, the best way to bounce back is to simply get out there and keep thrifting.

This is very true with women also. I've learned that the hard way in the past 3-4 months. Hurts to see that "Hermes Tie" walk away, but somewhere down the road there is an even better Hermes, or maybe an EG Cappelli or Marinella.

Besides... in hindsight, that first Hermes Tie was crazy anyways.
rotflmao.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics