• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post these earlier today... This morning's one stop.
All made in Italy... All 100% WS
smile.gif

Labia courtesy of Isaia and Sartoria Partenopea

Last edited:

Chotii

Reaction score
Forgot to post these earlier today... This morning's one stop.

Labia courtesy of Isaia and Sartoria Partenopea
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sees that. I've seen ties with nekkid pin-up girls on the inside lining, but this is far more subtle.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: There have been a few Italian makers for Polo shoes, some more well-known than others. I know for sure Sassetti has made some, but there are others. You should probably go over to the Polo shoe thread and ask there.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think the story with the heels is if you look at wear patterns you really only need replace that rubber portion of the heel.

and i suspect the dovetail is merely an "old-world, traditional" flourish as a way of keeping integrity of the joint (a la dovetail drawers vs butt joints in cabinets, or dovetail neck joints versus mortise-and-tenon in guitar necks). it takes more skill to match the joint but it has the advantage of not peeling apart as easily.

guitar necks are actually compound dovetails, and it's usually a very very skilled person who does this. same with drawers - it's sort of the height of traditional western joinery. i sort of wonder if there's a dude in a shoe factory who actually chisels the rubber or if it's just run through a machine. it might just be marketing smoke.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want more deets on both the Porsche, and that awesome windowpane sc!

Ah, I'm glad you know it's a Porsche at least. 2008 Cayman S. Pops bought it off the showroom floor in 2008, and it touches pavement about once per year. I believe there's like 1200 miles on it. "Ferris, he never drives it. He just rubs it with a diaper!". It's one of a few in his collection, and it happens to live in the workshop with my inventory lol.

The windowpane SC is a gem that I scored a couple years ago. It was on a mannequin in a boutique thrift store window in Seattle. I knew just from the fabric that it was of exceptional quality. Unfortunately there are absolutely 0 makers marks, tags, fabric content labels, etc. Nothing to identify it. It IS however almost entirely hand made. Every lining seam, every pick stitch, every button-hole is hand sewn.

I'm like 99.9% sure the fabric is from Carlo Barbera Mills, as I once saw a Luciano Barbera womens SC with the EXACT same fabric... right down to the weave. I have no idea on the maker though. I'm thinking it was a custom piece from Savile Row. It's possible there were some makers labels inside the lining, but they were removed. When I purchased it, it was way too small for me... But now since losing weight, it actually fits like a glove. I wish it were side vented, or even single vented... but its still an amazingly striking jacket. I planned on wearing it this Halloween. It's the type of jacket that you notice from down the street... I love the thing, and will never part with it. I can provide some sexy photos of it soon.

Oh and I think I payed like $25 for it.
cool.gif

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Charlotte earlier for fun. Figured I'd make a few stops. Everything available.

2 x NWT Band of Outsiders polos. Size 2.

Gant by Michael Bastian buffalo nickel sweater. My size so N/A!

Alden full strap shells. Size 9.5A

9.5D Allen Edmonds Park Avenue

Santoni Classico cap-toes. Size 10.5

Bruno Magli size 8.5

Bean boots. No tagged size but my GF says they fit around a 9.5 or 10 in women's.

Incotex Chinolino flat-fronts, 2 x Willis & Geiger thick ass pants. All size 34.

J. Press flannel 3 piece. Size 42S. Flat-fronts, 3/2 roll and all that trad ****.

New England shirt(this is a thing right?), Outlier(amazing), skeet

My favorite find of the day, for sure:

Vintage Schott NYC flight jacket. Huge talon zipper. Not in perfect shape but it's awesome.

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@letric

I know the feeling. I thrifted these about a 2 years ago. Saw them on the rack just about past out. I've worn them once maybe twice I just won't part. That and my wife hates them. I must say they only really go with select outfits. Paid $14.99

mistermidwester

Reaction score
All this vintage sneaker talk made me wonder just how the heck they do a restoration. Found a video. I learned some stuff.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@letric

I know the feeling. I thrifted these about a 2 years ago. Saw them on the rack just about past out. I've worn them once maybe twice I just won't part. That and my wife hates them. I must say they only really go with select outfits. Paid $14.99
what are those?

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been a few Italian makers for Polo shoes, some more well-known than others. I know for sure Sassetti has made some, but there are others. You should probably go over to the Polo shoe thread and ask there.
Having owned Sassettis I know that isn't the case here (unless that heels been touched, which I'm kinda leaning yes but could be wrong), but a thread dedicated strictly to Polo shoes should end all mysteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads