• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local consignment store had 30 mint embroidered Skeets. I offered her $1000 for all of them (more than I really wanted to spend). She said $1200. I said, "Have a nice day," and went across the street to Waffle House. I refuse to negotiate on an empty stomach.

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local consignment store had 30 mint embroidered Skeets. I offered her $1000 for all of them. She said $1200. I said, "Have a nice day," and went across the street to Waffle House. I refuse to negotiate on an empty stomach.
Like a Boss,I like it...

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought some dope **** today. Left most in the car, :embar:
so just pics of these for now....

NA

i got that shark. its amazing.

Tradvocate

Reaction score

I have been too busy to hit the thrifting very hard lately. However, i left the office early today and was rewarded with this 1978 Kenwood KA-6100 integrated amplifier. The lights worked but i couldnt hook it up in the store. So I drove home, cleaned it up, and sprayed deoxIT on the pots. Holy cow what a great, warm, full sound and awesome aesthetic. Major audio upgrade. Thanks for the advice @Nataku.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No time to make a full post right now, but a pretty cool stop last Friday. Nothing mind-blowing but some people here will definitely appreciate it.

also, huge thanks to @Nataku . He's hooking me up big time with a ton of dress shirts. FINALLY found some nice ones that fit, and they happen to be from my doppleganger with expensive taste that lives in LA. Fit pics eventually.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Edit: also, how do we edit our signatures now? can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to your profile and scroll down to the bottom to edit your sig

to go to your profile you can just hover over your handle on this page to "View Profile"

Last edited:

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been too busy to hit the thrifting very hard lately. However, i left the office early today and was rewarded with this 1978 Kenwood KA-6100 integrated amplifier. The lights worked but i couldnt hook it up in the store. So I drove home, cleaned it up, and sprayed deoxIT on the pots. Holy cow what a great, warm, full sound and awesome aesthetic. Major audio upgrade. Thanks for the advice @Nataku.

NICE BRO!

Vintage Kenwoods are solid systems. I'm rockin a KT-5300 Tuner and KA-3500 amp. They work and sound great! I actually have 2 of the KT-5300 Tuners. Been hoping to find another amp to pair it with, but I already have too much electronics lol. Let me know if you need a nice Kenwood tuner to match that amp, I'd be happy to set you up with this spare!

Last edited:

jumpman1231

Reaction score
So a quick story to explain my first forum fit pic....
About 2 years ago my middle son had to go through 3 brain surgeries to remove brain tumors over the course of 3 months. In doing so he ended up being nominated for a make a wish trip. It was wonderful and they were amazing. He's doing well now. That being said they held a fundraiser tonight at arrowhead stadium with many of the KC Chiefs and other not poor people for make a wish fundraiser in which he was one of their sponsored kids for the event. Fun event met some great people but here's a fit pic with Chiefs qb alex smith.

Suit: burberry London its windowpane but can't tell from here
Shirt: rlpl royals blue white pinstriped
Tie: brioni
Shoes:not pictured walnut colored ae
Pocket square: hand made by wife
Family: kind enough to let me be apart of their group
1f609.png

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NICE BRO!

Vintage Kenwoods are solid systems. I'm rockin a KT-5300 Tuner and KA-3500 amp. They work and sound great! I actually have 2 of the KT-5300 Tuners. Been hoping to find another amp to pair it with, but I already have too much electronics lol. Let me know if you need a nice Kenwood tuner to match that amp, I'd be happy to set you up with this spare!

Admittedly, I am extremely weak in the area of electronics thrifting. I am sure that there is a ton of junk out there. However, I probably pass up a lot of great stuff as well. Is there any type of basic buyer's guide or is it just product knowledge picked up through the years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads