• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leaving behind BB 1818 or BB Golden Fleece suits, especially to flip, is madness. Leaving behind a Greenfield is crazy.

I guess I'm bat **** crazy then. I just usually leave behind BB's and stuff these days. I have like 120+ suits at home, so normally I stick with recent Zegna or better to justify the space usage.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No thriftening, but I'm pretty damn proud of this haul.

This has more nibbles than I'd like to admit, but damn is it sexy.

Didn't like the hard three, but I did like the snowy wool/silk pattern.

This was made like yesterday.

And then everything got hazy... and I started seeing double...

Let's try that again, but this time, with tweed.

Two of these guys? Sure.

This is actually incredible.

Two HF Suits

Channeling my inner Wes. Just need one of those chain things.

I think this means we're eskimo brothers. 14 years later he bought the same thing, just updated styling. Probably going on another pants search tomorrow.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

EDIT:  Has the thrifted Rolex shown up yet? 

Wheres the Rolex!! @Takai come on man!

Is that Karakul? I saw something very similar to that in Kazakhstan a few years ago.

If it's woven, it won't be karakul.  Karakul is made from the skins of newborn Karakul lambs.  The most exclusive examples are made from stillborn premature lambs - obviously this happens less frequently than killing newborns for their skins, so a coat made from premature/stillborn lamb skin is unspeakably expensive (if arguably more humane).

It almost looks like somebody boiled a boucle' fabric.  I'd like to see some close-ups.

Definitely not a skin, as much as Id like it to be. Only a wool. Ill try and get some more pics soon.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No thriftening, but I'm pretty damn proud of this haul.

This has more nibbles than I'd like to admit, but damn is it sexy.

Didn't like the hard three, but I did like the snowy wool/silk pattern.

This was made like yesterday.

And then everything got hazy... and I started seeing double...

Let's try that again, but this time, with tweed.

Two of these guys? Sure.

This is actually incredible.

Two HF Suits

Channeling my inner Wes. Just need one of those chain things.

Ever since I read this comment in the old thread about a year ago, I think about finding this guy's stuff when I'm in his corner of the city.

I think this means we're eskimo brothers. 14 years later he bought the same thing, just updated styling. Probably going on another pants search tomorrow.

DAMN! I would be proud of that too. All that Oxxford and HF Goodness (I do love Oxxford. It's not even as valuable as other stuff that we all find. But, I have really like Oxxford for myself. I think they are some of the most well made suits in the world. Plus, I still remember the first time I bought a suit for thrift prices and it sold for over $300. That was a big first for me and it was an Oxxford.) Nice Haul!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of random things I found today. All available.

Florsheim Royal Imperial v-cleats size 11.5D. Great shape.

PRL Made in USA 100% linen jawns. Leather side adjusters. 34 Waist.

Damnit! 11.5? I love those shoes. But, I have like 5 pair of Black vintage Florsheim wingtips (and several more in other colors), so I must resist!

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damnit! 11.5? I love those shoes. But, I have like 5 pair of Black vintage Florsheim wingtips (and several more in other colors), so I must resist!

Some of the best made shoes ever! If you change your mind, they'll be here. They're in great shape
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what I'm looking at here?

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what I'm looking at here?

That would be a Vintage Brooks Brothers Safari Jacket and if it's cheap, you should be buying it, especially if it's American made. Thatll probably make you a few bucks for sure, they seem to be quite rare.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm bat **** crazy then. I just usually leave behind BB's and stuff these days. I have like 120+ suits at home, so normally I stick with recent Zegna or better to justify the space usage.
I wouldn't say bat **** crazy necessarily, but I wouldn't say your making good business decisions, or something along those lines. I don't know what your cost is for these BB suits, but if its fairly standard thrift prices, even higher end thrift prices, the return is far more than enough to make them worth your investment. I am strictly talking about the Golden Fleece Line and the 1818 Line, the Fitzgeral, Madison, then Regent, order of most profitable to least, however this detail is fairly insignificant, because if paths are cross they all should be acquired. Now I haven't sold very many in the last 90 days, however I do have quite a few in my stock room on the racks, waiting for their day to shine. When that day does come I can promise you that it will be very short and result it a very sizable profit margin, in other words the turnover ratio of these suits cannot be beat and margin of profit is substantial to say the least. I recently sold a 100% cotton 1818 Fitsgerald for 200, yes 100% cotton, a BBGF made in Italy by Isaia w/ Zegna wool for well over 2 and i know i went way too low there, a 1818 Regent blazer, just he blazer for 120, and a GF blazer by Greenfield w/ LP 130 wool for 240....that is just most recent. If its Brooks Brothers and its made in Italy, always check for manufacturers tag, theres a small change you'll find Isaia, and that very little rectangular one is Isaia, back when they were making customized special mini versions of their tags for Brooks Brothers, but there's even a greater percetnage that you'll find a Lardini tag. If neither of these are found, then use your own discretion, not my call. General rules of thumb though, if its made in the US or if its made in Italy and its Golden Fleece or its 1818 series, you pay money for it. allways. The more recent, obviously the better, if it looks really dated then don't. Treat the purchase as you would any other and use your own discretion, but if there in a condition you deem to be at the very least good and wearable and very much sellable then you should very much make the purchase if you like making good money very much. Your call.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I wouldn't say bat **** crazy necessarily, but I wouldn't say your making good business decisions, or something along those lines. I don't know what your cost is for these BB suits, but if its fairly standard thrift prices, even higher end thrift prices, the return is far more than enough to make them worth your investment. I am strictly talking about the Golden Fleece Line and the 1818 Line, the Fitzgeral, Madison, then Regent, order of most profitable to least, however this detail is fairly insignificant, because if paths are cross they all should be acquired. Now I haven't sold very many in the last 90 days, however I do have quite a few in my stock room on the racks, waiting for their day to shine. When that day does come I can promise you that it will be very short and result it a very sizable profit margin, in other words the turnover ratio of these suits cannot be beat and margin of profit is substantial to say the least. I recently sold a 100% cotton 1818 Fitsgerald for 200, yes 100% cotton, a BBGF made in Italy by Isaia w/ Zegna wool for well over 2 and i know i went way too low there, a 1818 Regent blazer, just he blazer for 120, and a GF blazer by Greenfield w/ LP 130 wool for 240....that is just most recent. If its Brooks Brothers and its made in Italy, always check for manufacturers tag, theres a small change you'll find Isaia, and that very little rectangular one is Isaia, back when they were making customized special mini versions of their tags for Brooks Brothers, but there's even a greater percetnage that you'll find a Lardini tag. If neither of these are found, then use your own discretion, not my call. General rules of thumb though, if its made in the US or if its made in Italy and its Golden Fleece or its 1818 series, you pay money for it. allways. The more recent, obviously the better, if it looks really dated then don't. Treat the purchase as you would any other and use your own discretion, but if there in a condition you deem to be at the very least good and wearable and very much sellable then you should very much make the purchase if you like making good money very much. Your call.

It really depends on who catches your listing - the main part is because there is soooo much BB out there, nobody is going to sift through all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads