• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the TOJ Duffle coat. I'm kind of disappointed because we didn't make too many of these but they turned out really, really nice (pattern forming here)... while taking too long to make (pattern forming here also)...
redface.gif
But nevertheless, very nice. Classical cues with our tweaked fit - slim in the sides and sleeves, structured fit. It's even got hints of that Jil-butt in the back, but that's just the weight of the fabric - it's very heavy. Heavyweight melton, real horn toggles and buttons, sateen lining, and we used this traditional Korean folk rope for the toggles that I bought for like $13/10m at a folk village touristy place, I got fleeced but couldn't find a rope I liked, lol. Also, brown calf pieces to anchor the rope toggles, which were all die-cut using a handmade die. A lot of little stuff went in this one as well.
mcc7zs.jpg
20htyyf.jpg
15ouj9d.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that is really niceee

Duffles aren't my thing but people are going to love that

The seam work looks like some of your best

Smahatma

Reaction score
Damn, son. That is so much nicer looking than the 3sixteen version I impulse bought last year. I want to cry now.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
same top/sleeve block as the pea coats as well, FWIW, so it fits essentially the same. It's heavy - I have to take these to the post office in a bit and I think they're gonna come out on the better side of like 5-7 lbs, and that's all wool weight. It's not quilted inside, just a sateen lining like the pea. Here's a camel version:
20fzr7c.jpg
There was a loden green one and a navy one as well, but in my yellow-heavy lighting that melton all looks about the same... haha. They were all solid as hell though.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
are you guys going to make more

Wanted to discontinue the duffle, but in the end there were only 4 made (vs quite a few peas) and I feel like that's a real shame considering how nice they are and all the prep work we did on these... so they're back on, to anyone who wants to buy a 5-7lb hooded wool coat in May.
redface.gif
(hi Southern hemisphereans)

Originally Posted by Smahatma
Damn, son. That is so much nicer looking than the 3sixteen version I impulse bought last year. I want to cry now.

I like the 3sixteen one for what it is though, it's shorter, has the detachable hood, has it's own detailing like the quilt, has the zipper which I was on the fence about on my duffle, and ultimately chose not to do - I went with a more classical approach, because I know the 'timeless' talk gets thrown around on here too much, but there's quite a few things in the TOJ stall that you could get and wear, retire for a bit, and then break out again, time after time. The pea is rock solid, the duffle is rock solid, the leathers are classical in their base forms, the shirts are, well, shirts, and we got some more stuff we're working on obviously, and you guys probably can see how my brain works now, I like classical detailing and proportions, and the knowing that stuff is handmade and an individual project per order. Something different, that I think will also have shelf life.

bakatora

Reaction score
don't forget the misaligned pockets
tongue.gif
i'm still happy with mine though.

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
Burgundy moto arrived last week, and "bolder, darker" herringbone pea today. It's all a little overwhelming.
inlove.gif

IMG_5576.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Any new trench news?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
also, trivia about the MA-1's that are done imminently:
-I dyed my hands blue in a failed attempt at dying zippers and had to walk around with smurfed hands.
-That little gas mask nylon web strap thing on the front of those jackets, we ended up at some handbag repair shop that fixes LV's and Hermes bags. Cute little shop, cute little girl working in there... I knew they had the right little web strap for it, it's like the kind of nylon seatbelt-like strap that goes on certain handbags, like the Vuittons with the adjustable web straps and not the leather ones... anyway, we ask to buy like literally only 25" of the stuff, we wait for 30 minutes for her boss to come down, this guy comes in and must've just gotten oral surgery because he looks like a chipmunk and not very happy, he ends up giving us the stuff for free and it turned out he was from LA. Weird. That was interesting... Most of the time, it's the little tiny details that will always give you a headache. I can find the big stuff, no problem... but zippers make me want to end my life on a daily basis, little pieces of rope, little pieces of nylon web strap, getting shades of colors to match, having 5 kinds of leather and 5 different colors, none of which is the type/color somebody wants, these things are the headaches.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Any new trench news?

New prototype under construction as we speak. Guess what? We changed the fabric to 100% cotton. Leather buckles (the exact same ones Juun J buys, I'm sure of it, haha), horn buttons, lambskin, typical bad boy ****. I'm gonna get er 'pregnated with waterproofing. Got some contacts from my fabric processing guru who works the night shift at the Family Mart in my buiding. haha. He hooked me up with some people who do silicon, oil, and wax coating as well, so those are some more game cards for me to use later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics