• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
is today the day of missed connections? TOJ unites all

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Best TOJ-related post in awhile:
Originally Posted by Lel
Man I just saw some dude walking around campus with a ToJ varsity jacket and some Ricks. I'm not sure what surprised me more; seeing him or seeing a pair of Ricks IRL that didn't look ridiculously dumb in an outfit (they were tucked too).
Originally Posted by scott.m
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=2329
Originally Posted by Magician
LO ******* L this place is better then Craigslist M2M missed connections.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
dude, Christian Audigier handbag? sign me up

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fok, what size did you order v. your normal chest and shoulder measurements? The moto's the one that got me confused about toj sizing in the first place, and yours looks really snug (in a good way).

Also, better pictures? If you can analyse climate change patterns, you can operate a dslr.

Also also, how's the fqhh compared to calf? I'm not really into lamb, and I'm kind of unsure about how the fqhh looks and wears.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Fok, what size did you order v. your normal chest and shoulder measurements? The moto's the one that got me confused about toj sizing in the first place, and yours looks really snug (in a good way).

Also, better pictures? If you can analyse climate change patterns, you can operate a dslr.

Also also, how's the fqhh compared to calf? I'm not really into lamb, and I'm kind of unsure about how the fqhh looks and wears.

I cant compare the FQHH with the calf, but it is what I'd asked for - a jacket with a modern cut, but with the straightup toughness of a real motorcycle jacket. I like heft in my outerwear. I wear Woolrich Woolen Mills and Krane jackets, both of which are stylish but can stand up to field testing, and this is no different.

I'm no goth ninja. The only goth ninja I've met that could really probably do ninja like damage is Kunk, and he is more like Hulk ninja. If you would rather be a Russian Truck Driver (tm - and that's a compliment, aegus) who could take out goth ninjas like me taking out the garbage on Friday mornings (i.e. fast, because the truck comes at 7:30, and I never remember to take it out the night before) then this jacket is for you. On the other hand, I could see someone like Fuuma (er, I think someone called him an art *****t) could pull one of these off as well, to a much different effect.

I gave Drew my dimensions, and dimensions from a few jackets that fit well, but ultimately, I let him make the calls. I told him that I am between a 48EU and 50EU in the Margiela 5-zip (actually, they call that the riders) and he worked his magic accordingly. My thoughts on fit are that numbers don't tell the whole story, even with a comprehensive set, and even with guys who are really, really good at visualizing a piece (that's why we have fit models, and need to adjust samples.) There is a lot of discretion involved.

splattered

Reaction score
When ordering my Moto i gave drew my measurements and the measurements of a shirt n jacket and asked that it fit a little more on the long/loose side rather than super tight cause i'm a pretty skinny guy and i wanted to be able to layer at least a little bit... I liked how the Moto looked on Aqhong with his hoodie underneath. I am scared to death that it isn't going to fit how i imagined because i went back and forth on it so much with Drew... guess we shall see. haha
facepalm.gif

cr1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
When ordering my Moo i gave drew my measurements and the measurements of a shirt n jacket and asked that it fit a little more on the long/loose side rather than super tight cause i'm a pretty skinny guy and i wanted to be able to layer at least a little bit... I liked how the Moto looked on Aqhong with his hoodie underneath. I am scared to death that it isn't going to fit how i imagined because i went back and forth on it so much with Drew... guess we shall see. haha
facepalm.gif

I felt exactly the same way, and I had butterflys in my stomach when I was on the way to pick it up, but everything turned out perfectly. Up until I got my jacket, I was oscillating between whether I should have sized up or sized down. Drew and Charley really know what they're doing wrt sizing people, even if some of the measurements might seem weird.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cr1234
I felt exactly the same way, and I had butterflys in my stomach when I was on the way to pick it up, but everything turned out perfectly. Up until I got my jacket, I was oscillating between whether I should have sized up or sized down. Drew and Charley really know what they're doing wrt sizing people, even if some of the measurements might seem weird.

True but i kinda went against Drew's suggestions a little bit so i might have screwed myself.

This is the longest wait everrrr. haha

Butterflies indeed.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i cant believe people get so nervous over sizing issues. i bought a sample and it fit great. all i ever look at is p2p

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pit to Pit and Shoulder to Shoulder for me.

Actually more shoulder to shoulder then pit to pit.

mfrege

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Pit to Pit and Shoulder to Shoulder for me.

Actually more shoulder to shoulder then pit to pit.

Originally Posted by wagthesam
Yeah s2s is the most important one.

Do the shoulder measurements of your jackets match up to the shoulder measurements of your shirts? So if you have a shirt shoulder 2 shoulder of 18, do you get 18 shoulder 2 shoulder for your jackets?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Best TOJ-related post in awhile:

Lol my first exact thoughts were "Hey, those leather sleeves look nice. Hey that's a varsity-ohhhhh"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads