• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

phantom_lord

Reaction score
I have a pair a shoes where I noticed recently there's a hole developing in the inside at the back of the shoe.

I also have a pair of moccasin shoes (this kind of style) where the material has worn through at the toe of the shoe.

Is it possible to wear either of these?

a recent grad

Reaction score
I am thinking of bringing a blazer with me to wear after i take off the robe on graduation day, At the moment i have those brown shoes + navy dress pants + navy tie + white shirt + silver cuff links, Was going to get a grey/charcoal blazer but it may not look good, any suggestions? I am going to to crane brothers tomorrow to have a look around their off the rack range.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local cobblers. One brush, one kiwi wax in color of your choice, one liter of Lexol conditioner. Shouldn't cost you more than $30. Use your own old t-shirts or undershirts for buffing cloth.

a LITER of Lexol? I use a bottle a fraction of that size, and it lasts several twice-a-year applications on my car seats. A little goes a very long way. I don't use it on my shoes, but man, you guys must really be slathering the stuff on. Or else you have a hundred pairs of shoes. Which I could believe.
smile.gif

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a LITER of Lexol?  I use a bottle a fraction of that size, and it lasts several twice-a-year applications on my car seats.  A little goes a very long way.  I don't use it on my shoes, but man, you guys must really be slathering the stuff on.  Or else you have a hundred pairs of shoes.  Which I could believe. :)

What are your results on the car seats? I put in in my X5 when new but that is a much harder leather. The M3 has baby soft leather and I'm a little hesitant to liberally apply. I too have a liter from Amazon.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When people write of Lexol, which sort do they mean? In the UK, there is Lexol Leather Conditioner (in the brown bottle) and Lexol Leather Cleaner (in the orange bottle). Which is the one people are referring to, here?

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are your results on the car seats? I put in in my X5 when new but that is a much harder leather. The M3 has baby soft leather and I'm a little hesitant to liberally apply. I too have a liter from Amazon.

I have used it on many different cars over the last 20 years - my own and those of family members - never had a problem. You really don't need to apply it liberally - a thin coat rubbed in will work a treat.

Munky - I was referring to the leather conditioner (though I use both for car seats) - I assume it is the conditioner that some people choose to use on their shoes.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, both, that's helpful. I plan to pour a litre in each shoe. Given that I clean my shoes every 30 minutes, that's quite a lot of Lexor.
lookaround.gif

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that link, David.

I sometimes wonder what percentage of people on this site have NO corrected grain shoes. Just a thought.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most people,once they understand what corrected grain is , avoid it

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.