• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, a peach one.

peach-cobbler-sl-257827-l.jpg

Last edited:

Barroomheroes

Reaction score
I purchasd a new pair of AE Vernon's in "chili" on Ebay.. Got a steal on them.. $65 shipped..
They looked like this..

I spen two hours tonight "bulling" them.. I used AE chili paste then about 6 coats of Kiwi brown (thanks Patrick_b).. They came out nice.. Crappy Iphone doesn't do it justice under the lighting..

Next up are these Feragamo's I got on ebay... (This is a huge step for me.. I am use to wearing square toe BLACK ONLY Hugo Boss slip on's.."

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They certainly do crease but if you are careful when applying the polish to the toe, you can avoid getting excess polish into the creases so it doesn't look bad. The worst part is getting small scuffs on the toes...they stand out flashing red beacon.

I thought polish was supposed to protect the shoe against scuffs to some degree.

The wax's protective property is that it gets scuffed instead of the leather, it's simply a layer over the top.

Exactly!! Very well said. There is something in my vehicle that I repeatedly kick with my left foot (maybe the e-brake pedal) but I scuff the left toe all the time. The beauty of a good wax shine is that the scuffs aren't in the leather, just the layer(s) of wax. A quick brushing and/or buffing when I get home and they are good as new.

swiego

Reaction score
I do not want to be a pest but I could really use some help with the shoes I described in post 382 of this thread. I have been to three cobblers who have told me three different things about how to take care of these.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ NAMOR

Since you seem to be the expert, I was hoping you might answer a question about edge trim maintenance. I have a pair of cap toes with some rubber scuffs along the edge trim. Would it work to clean them with some saddle soap followed up by a clear polish or maybe just some Reno? I don't think there is an edge dressing on them, just nice tan colored leather. If not, what would you clean rubber marks off the trim with?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads