• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of the Winter items that arrived just before Christmas and are currently on full price my two favorites are the blue handknit (yes this one is handknit). Being a mix of cotton, silk and some wool it will carry me well into late Spring or cool Summer evenings. I love the shades of blue and beige, prefect for Spring.

s7-1317806_lifestyle.png

The other piece is this wool overshirt. How can you go wrong with red and blue/grey plaid. I can see myself wearing this over a tee shirt or a well worn white oxford cloth.

s7-1317807_lifestyle.png

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Of the Winter items that arrived just before Christmas and are currently on full price my two favorites are the blue handknit (yes this one is handknit). Being a mix of cotton, silk and some wool it will carry me well into late Spring or cool Summer evenings. I love the shades of blue and beige, prefect for Spring.

View attachment 1110566

The other piece is this wool overshirt. How can you go wrong with red and blue/grey plaid. I can see myself wearing this over a tee shirt or a well worn white oxford cloth.

View attachment 1110570
How are the sleeves on the cardigan? I’ve got the red version from a few years back and it’s like Mr Tickle was the test subject for it. Plus it’s stretched a fair bit, now need to cuff the sleeves three or four times to get them where I need them. Tried washing it but it made no difference.

DarkKnight108

Reaction score
More fit questions, (it's in my wallet's best interest I'm not close to an RRL store) slim vs slim narrow. The slim fit is comfortable for me. The perfectionist in me sees the knee down and wishes it had a slight more taper to it. I feel like slim narrow is more than a slight. My skinniest denim would probably be RgT SK and those are as skinny as I'd want denim. Or would slim narrow be exactly what I need?

To be transparent, the slim fit pre distressed ones I own fit perfect. The slim fit rigid I'm wearing today are different even though they are the same size...
If I were you I'd just get them tapered by a tailor. I get all my jeans/pants tapered. I start my taper from the peak of the calf though, not the knee. Consider that if you decide to go the alteration route.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 1110566

View attachment 1110570
unpacking both of these items as we speak

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ I'm unpacking our SS19 shipment from RRL currently. Anything else y'all are looking for/I can provide measurements or pictures of? We got this Indigo Dyed roughout leather chore coat of sorts that actually blew me away. And that hand knit has such a nice weight, it's much more than a sweater, ha.

bobbo28

Reaction score
^ I'm unpacking our SS19 shipment from RRL currently. Anything else y'all are looking for/I can provide measurements or pictures of? We got this Indigo Dyed roughout leather chore coat of sorts that actually blew me away. And that hand knit has such a nice weight, it's much more than a sweater, ha.

Can you please post a photo of the chore coat you're referencing?

The last thing I need to do is to add to my coat collection but I've also been admiring the cotton flight jacket... are you stocking that piece?

s7-1326370_lifestyle.png

FlaSurfer

Reaction score
Lost about 60lbs over the last year so am looking to sell-off my RRL pieces (shorts, chino's, jeans) that are now too big. 34 waist (30 length pants/jeans), also some XL shirts - all with very light wear and in great condition. Will post on the BST thread and possibly ebay. Plan to sell at very fair prices and will post a stock-list here after taking inventory. If this is your size, would be a great opportunity to pick up a bunch of RRL clothing. PM me if you have any ?'s. Thanks!

mrbig

Reaction score
Got a pair of Lucchese Classics, that are too big for me for sale. Tried them on around the house and confirmed I'm not a size 11.

Listed on eBay but I'll happily do a sale here for $300 shipped & Paypal'd to USA, less for countries closer to Australia.
Size 11 D, #6 toe with a #4 heel, 'tan' oily calf. Beautiful enough for me to have just bought another pair in a smaller size.

Better build quality than the Rios boots made for RRL, pretty sure gnatty has a pair of these with a different toe? Just looking to sell these to pay for the pair that's the right size.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ah, never mind... I found it. Blanket lined, corduroy collar. That's a substantial piece!
IMG_8346 2.JPG

Yep... that's the one. I went to try it on for y'all but I've only physically received the S and M thus far. Guys I have to admit, I'm not a RRL guy in my personal style but this thing, this really changes everything for me, haha.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
View attachment 1112751

Yep... that's the one. I went to try it on for y'all but I've only physically received the S and M thus far. Guys I have to admit, I'm not a RRL guy in my personal style but this thing, this really changes everything for me, haha.

Ughhhh that long R logo label gets me every time

mrbig

Reaction score
Even the photos on instagram of that indigo rough out jacket make it look nice.

But damn that's gotta be pricey... I mean, sure, collectible value, but I couldn't justify it :( True vintage RRL is probably easier to get and cheaper?

papillo

Reaction score
Snake Oil Provisions seems to be stretching the truth here by saying this cardigan is "hand knit" when, according to multiple SAs, it most certainly isn't. But good for them for drumming up some hype.

In their defense, they didn't say this one is "hand knit." They just said "many" are. The reference to this specific one is that pieces like this one features extremely complex patterns knit from complex yarns.

I do agree that there is an implication that it is hand knit though.

That blue Cardi is beautiful..

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ Yes, in fairness, this one isn't but does look similar the ones that are. In person it's much easier to tell, I'm sure all of you already know. The blue sweater at the top of this page, as noted, is hand knit and it's very very clear in person the difference in weight and texture from the latter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads