1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

Off topic here...

I am looking for a utility jacket by RL that is featured with the new Polo bear knit that they recently brought back. Ive tried searching for a RL thread..but no luck. the jacket is not listed on the RL website.

2. stu00a

stu00a Well-Known Member

I wonder the same thing. It's not numbered, so it's kinda hard to tell how many pieces are produced.

I mean everything is limited, so why not put limited edition on everything they sell?

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Nail on the head methinks.

4. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

This? Try calling a store.
    [​IMG]

5. ChasingBobby

BIngo!!
    Tried calling...nothing came up...I even called the RL mansion on Madison ave in NYC

6. ChasingBobby

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

ridiculous ...

8. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

Its a different Japanese denim than what they used to use. Much rougher and more slubby. I havent done a hot soak on them yet but theyre going to wear/fade totally differently then the old ones. Different dye process too. Heres a side by side comparison. LE ones on the bottom, a pair of unworn regular Japanese Slim Fits on the top

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

Given that almost every size sold out overnight online and everything in store sold out under size 31 in one day, id say they didnt make many.

10. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

Denim looks really slubby, would love to see nicer shots of them in real life. Probably made only like 50-100 of them since they sold out of most sizes so quickly.

If they were numbered they would run for more $$$. $300 vs the usual $240 isn't a huge jump in price either compared to most of the other L.E numbered pieces. You can see from stock photos the denim is definitely higher quality, more interesting than their usual Japanese/Cone denim.

I like seeing more Japanese fabrics on their shirts and jeans being marketed as "Limited Edition" to showcase certain must have pieces vs the rest of the Polo-esque collection they keep rehashing every season.

ETA: Dave pretty much summed it up.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. randomkoreandude

interesting thanks for the pic dave that helps

12. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Well-Known Member

Good for you Dave on scoring a pair. I called around and got the same story. Although all hope is not lost, according to the Bleecker St. store it see's 3 pairs of 36" in transit to them. On another note this this seasons parka is really starting to grow on me. I was going to pick up a Buzz Rickson Parka, but I think this looks just as nice if not better and is much more friendlier to my wallet. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

13. randomkoreandude

the shirting and jackets have def started to change in sizing as each season progresses.

i used to be a solid xs bu tnow fluctuate between s and xs. makes it really annoying cuz now i have to buy two and return one :(

fwp, i know

i guess i'll have to call bleeker

14. randomkoreandude

have both below in small, along with the jackrabbit all fit about the same

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. blankinput

blankinput Active Member

[​IMG]

Wearing the olive ball cap and N-5A vest. The vest is such a warm piece with awesome detailing.

1 person likes this.
  16. Denim

Denim Well-Known Member

Must be a vintage piece or something. Because it's not part of the new blue label groups explorer nor country gentlemen that I have seen thus far.

17. alexSF

alexSF Well-Known Member

PSA for European members: 20/25% OFF on every RRL item - RL european webstores (.co.uk/.fr), code RLGIVE13

I've ordered a pair of RRL Low Straight for 172€ shipped.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  18. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

the website also mentions that they use natural indigo dye...I was under the imporession every RRL denim used natural indigo ? If not, that;s disappointing.

19. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Well-Known Member

Why does RLGIVE13 work in Europe however not over here Stateside?

20. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

100% natural indigo jeans run $800+ and are only dyed 75% to save indigo and to differentiate the denim and are extremely rare.

All jeans use synthetic indigo (or very tiny % of natural indigo blend) No brand (including RRL, Levis from 1897+) has used natural indigo.

If words like "true" and "pure" indigo have made you buy overpriced jeans thinking they use natural indigo, then you have been duped by clever marketing.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013